As of March 29th, the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti to be released; RTX 3070 Ti 16GB canned

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No, that makes you are pc-harware-hobbiest... at best... again, making me wonder why you are on a pc hardware enthusiast site in the first place.

pegasus1 likes this.
  2. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    actually you're the one that said buying a $40,000 car was stupid....Not Me!

Therefore you assume everyone lives in their mama's basement like you do...

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    And it is - i can see needing a car to get from A to B... but why spend that much. Waste of money.

Airbud likes this.
  4. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I will agree with that statement!

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    So far, it just seems like your definition of a tech enthusiast (oh wait no, you changed the goal posts again, now it's "PC hardware enthusiast":rolleyes:) is someone who devotes all of their time to 1 subject and is determined to shell out an unnecessary amount of cash for... bragging rights, I guess. Doesn't matter what else you have, you're not an enthusiast unless you own the best, eh? Well, I don't get what makes you qualified to judge, seeing as you only have a "mere" 11th gen i7. Only a true enthusiast would have at least a 12900K! (/s)

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The fact that you prioritize to spend your money on everything else above pc hardware does indeed mean that you are not an enthusiast... which again leads me to, why are you even on a pc hardware enthusiast site in the first place...

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Enthusiast: a person who is very interested in a particular activity or subject.

There's many different ways to define enthusiast, and they all have zero to do with money or how much one spends.

In fact, you can spend millions of dollars on anything you want, such as a yacht, doesn't make you a yacht enthusiast.

To be perfectly honest, no one can tell someone else they arnt an enthusiast on something, as thats purely up to that individual to determine and has nothing to do with money spent, but rather their interest.

Venix, Airbud and pegasus1 like this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Im not saying that people have to spend a particular amount of money to be pc hardware enthusiast - im saying that if you prioritize everything else above pc hardware, then you aint an enthusiast. And i absolutely stand by that - the difference is in the mindset.

9. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    By your definition I'm really a food enthusiast!....and you know I love to eat!...heck I'm getting hungry thinking about food right now!...:D

[​IMG]

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    As am i :p Thinking im gonna get myself some spareribs and grilled corn later !

Airbud likes this.

11. Aztec2Step

Aztec2Step Active Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6800
    It seems the PC Master Race needs not food, warmth, or a roof over their heads. Power bills be damned when you control the lightning of the Gods, eh?

:rolleyes:

12. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I guess some people here haven't read the memo: "whatever people do with their money is their prerorative"

Just be happy with your gaming investment :)

AuerX and The1 like this.
  13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yawn... oh, what, sorry... lost interest in NVIDIA's overpriced GPUs about 2 years ago when I realised I had more chance of winning the lottery... twice... than getting hold of one of their graphics card at the recommended retail price!!!

Thank goodness for my Xbox Series X and PS5, both purchased at their MSRP by the way.

14. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Maybe Guru3D needs a high end gpu section where people interested in such things could talk about it without getting a drive by from the "I could afford it but thats stupid" crowd.

Krizby likes this.
  15. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    To go off topic slightly, on holiday a couple of years ago around the pool i became transfixed on this British guy and how many cigarettes he smoked, just around the pool in one hour he smoked an entire packet, now iv e never smoked myself but fair play those are not baby numbers. So id imagine he is at least spending £50 a day, that is a stunning amount of money per month, yeah smoking may be his hobby but wowza thats a lot of cash literally up in smoke.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    £40 grand gets a Type R GT, a Miltech exhaust and a top notch remap, now thats how we single 55 year olds spend our cash :)

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, i'd consider that a sports car - you can easily get an economy car for 10k, even in denmark.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed! My late father used to smoke 60 cigarettes per day - so much money down the drain... or up in smoke, as you say :p

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well just be aware your "definition" is fundamentally and factually wrong.

What you have is an opinion backed by literally nothing, and is your definition for yourself for you to abide by, and no one else.

Anyone can have wrong opinions, but you still dont get to tell people they arnt an enthusiast by definition of what an enthusiast is just because your own personal opinion which only applies to yourself says otherwise.

Venix likes this.