Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.2.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  2. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I did nothing. I'm not sure, but it has probably been working since the introduction of SAM last year. On my wife's computer (1600X / B450 Gaming Plus / RX 5500 XT 4GB) SAM works too (the switch is switchable), but I don't have enough time to check the performance impact

[​IMG]

Krteq likes this.
  3. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    May I ask, are these drivers worth it this time around?

4. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Results with ReBAR Off (top) and ReBAR On (bottom) on my new i5 12600KF DDR5 5200MHz and RX 5700, driver 22.02.2:
    https://imgur.com/a/gKSyKXF

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    These are the best drivers I have used for my Asus STRIX G513QY laptop with a 6800m! I have not tried them on my desktop 6800 XT.

6. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    The biggest game of this year will be out soon, and AMD still has not released drivers for this game... ;/

7. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Are you talking about elden ring ?
    Reading and watchin a couple of reviews the game seems to be capped at 60 fps so any optimized driver doesn't make sense. Hopefully fromsoft fixes the annoying stuttering reported by all reviewers with the day one patch.

8. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX6750ΧΤ
    Thanks for the info. I have done the same things exactly and the AMD driver suite shows that the SAM isn't working due to my CPU not being Zen2 or Zen3. I think what the AMD driver suite shows is the right one but could be wrong.

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have 10-12 movies to get screen-memes for the time we have to wait for seeing this issue being fixed, all with the same actor and char.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    22.2.3 is out - Optional release. No RSR

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Lower temps means lower utilisation means oops, theres a bug.

13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Wait a bug causing better performance? Did you even seen that video comparison? Performance is slightly better (OK, in the range of measuring error), utilization is the same and temps are lower according to OSD in that video.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no correlation.

15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    So, which "bug" are you referring to?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.

16. opbush

opbush Active Member

GPU:
    Then why does it have the same or even better performance if the utilisation is lower?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Lol
    This is why I don't take his posts seriously. Which always makes you question the validity of it. It's just trolling post(s).
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Use your brains. Temps can't be magically lower without consuming less power or raising fan speeds. Unless ofc there is some weird offset hackery going on and the values reported by previous were just wrong (or by the new driver).

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I do not see the reason to get worked up over benchmark numbers that are within the margin of error. Slight fluctuation in temperature can happen due to change in the ambient temperature too, or on a lot of variables like how long the card has been tested/how many benchmark runs were done, etc. A lot of the benchmarks you see on YouTube are done with not the strictest control over the ambient temperature/room temperature.

However, with that said, if you are seeing higher numbers on a regular basis against an older driver while the temperatures are lower for some reason with all other variables accounted for, then that is indicative of some sort of optimization in the newer/specific set of drivers. If you get the same performance or higher, while lower temps are consistent, then that is indeed an improvement.

The release notes aren't always indicative of all changes/improvements made under the hood, sometimes, even improvements/changes can be under NDA, therefore aren't disclosed in the notes.