Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.2.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Then why you spouting off about it in here?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Because you spread false claims, as there apparently seems to be some connection between your ego and your hardware.

PieEyedPiper and Romulus_ut3 like this.
  3. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    I have an off topic question :x

Why do I get coil whine with FreeSync on and FPS capped at 138 but no coil whine with freesync/vsync on at 144 fps?

4. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Excellent question, I blame covid for most things in life now days :rolleyes:

5. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Did you get your vaccine subscription yet?

Is Lisa Su, Jen-Hsun Huang in disguise?

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Trolls above beside --- the answer is all about the physics, frequencies and electronics (I believe - in that order). The problem with different frequencies has a different impact on the coils. I am full into 3d printers and we also have a similar "coil whine" from the fans when not using the Hardware PWM Method.... Again - similar - but not the same. But it circles around the right "frequency" - where the coil whine is not that strong. There are different ways to prevent or minimize it... Capacitors "glattening" the curves as one of the options....
    Anyway - for a solution - I would suggest to seek for a max frequency where the coil whine will be minimized.... might be a few Hz lower.... just experiment with it :)

MattStiles likes this.
  7. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
  8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Ignore list you go. Bye Felicia.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  9. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Nice, I wonder if the new drivers are correlated to the newer AGESA’s which also adds an additional device.

nvm, quote from the RoG forum:

“Seems like no drivers were updated in this version.
    It was released for embedded systems.
    It includes a WatchDog Driver, last time I installed a chipset driver including this I had problems going back to the normal/generic ones.

So nothing to miss here, I assume..”

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    somemadcaaant and GSDragoon like this.
  10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    So far so good for me on my B550/5800X
    Nothing to note, system is stable so far, doing all sorts of things.

somemadcaaant likes this.

11. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Still waiting for 3.11.17.521 (only Asus has the cojones to list for download) to be approved and linked for download by Gigabyte :rolleyes:, recommended is still the old 3.10.22.706 according to them.

AMD "STILL" only has 3.10.08.506 on their drivers page so according to AMD that's the only version we need right now.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  12. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    3.11.* had no power plans and all drivers had the same version as 3.10.08.506...

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    @Romulus_ut3
    Here is that 1.50 patch that I was tell you about. Proving that the drivers "alone" wasn't the problem. You have to fix the game 1st. BTW, no I didn't forget.
    ;)

Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 Patch Notes
    UI

• Various map usability improvements related to resizing icons, adding new tooltips and filters. This includes a dynamic filter based on zoom level as well as a custom filter which can be configured by the player.
    • Redesigned the "Skip Time" interface. It makes switching between different parts of a day easier and shows predicted time.
    • Updated graphics for various scopes, as well as increased clarity and new animations.
    • Improved readability, consistency and visuals in UI panels, notifications and popups.
    • Added a new notification with the song's name when it starts playing on the radio.
    • The name of the vehicle will now be shown on the HUD when getting in.
    • Items placed in your stash will now have stats properly displayed in their tooltips.
    • Adjusted the crosshair for knife-throwing.
    • Added a buff stack counter next to the health bar to show how many stacks of a certain status effect are active.
    • Improved D-pad navigation on various screens and panels.
    • Added missing description for Wakako's Database entry.
    • I Fought The Law - Improved the interface of the electrical box to give more feedback when interacting with it.
    • Fixed an issue when the mouse cursor didn't scale properly in different resolutions.
    • Fixed an issue where the Fast Travel destination area appeared before the loading screen. No more spoilers, Choomba!
    • Fixed an issue where brackets of tutorial windows could be visible in menus.
    • Fixed an issue where the game could freeze if a shard was read directly from the loot container and immediately closed afterwards.
    • Fixed an issue where the loading indicator could get stuck on the screen.

QUESTS

• Added a few secrets in Night City to be discovered by players. Due to some technical challenges, this change is not available on the previous generation of consoles.
    • Extended romances with Panam, Kerry, River and Judy by adding new messages and interactions.
    • Added interactions in the homes of love interests, including sleeping in bed with a given partner.
    • It's now possible to mute the NCPD dispatcher and fixer brief/debrief holocalls. This automatically skips the call and sends you text messages instead. You can customize this feature in Settings > Gameplay > Holocalls. By default, the NCPD dispatcher is muted and fixers are unmuted.
    • Players are now able to reject non-essential holocalls. There will be a prompt on the screen allowing them to accept or reject a holocall. If they reject the call, they will receive a text message instead.
    • Improved the holocall system to prevent multiple holocalls from stacking if the first call loads too slowly.
    • Enhanced Night City nightlife by making music in clubs a bit louder.
    • Fixed an issue where the distorted visual effect could persist after coming back from Cyberspace.
    • Fixed an issue where River would instantly hang up after calling him. How rude!
    • Automatic Love - Fixed cases where Lizzie's Bar was closed during the hours it should be open.
    • Beat on the Brat - Separate journal entries for each fight will now appear only after finding them.
    • Beat on the Brat - V will no longer be able to equip previously dropped weapons during fistfights
    • Beat on the Brat: The Glen - Fixed an issue where, despite letting El Cesar keep his car, he was messaging V asking if they took care of it.
    • Coin Operated Boy - Theo will no longer be despawned during the "Talk to Theo" objective.
    • Disasterpiece - Fixed an issue where V was unable to get in the van to talk to Judy after obtaining the XBD.
    • Dressed to Kill - Fixed an issue where the Thorton Colby car was missing.
    • Epistrophy - Separate journal entries for different Delamains will now appear only after finding them.
    • Epistrophy - Added new comments for the Delamain cab after finishing the quest and selecting the "liberate" or "merge" option.
    • Ex-Factor - Fixed a case of Judy never calling to start the quest.
    • Ex-Factor - Fixed an issue where Judy didn't spawn at the Clouds' balcony, blocking quest progression.
    • Ex-Factor - If the player didn't loot Maiko's Death and Taxes pistol during the quest, it can now be found somewhere else.
    • I Fought The Law - V can no longer wait inside River's car while an important scene with Detective Han plays.
    • Killing in the Name - When hacking the router, the minigame will be displayed properly even in cases where V doesn't have a Cyberdeck equipped.
    • Life During Wartime - Fixed an issue where the "Scan the tracks" objective could change location.
    • M'ap Tann Pèlen - Fixed an issue where the NPCs in the butcher shop didn't spawn, blocking further progression.
    • M'ap Tann Pelèn - Fixed a rare case of Placide being even more grumpy than usual and refusing to talk to V at Rolland's.
    • Off the Leash - Some fans at the Kerry & Us Cracks concert weren't happy to see other people copying their outfits, so they got changed.
    • Pisces - Fixed an issue that could prevent V from leaving Hiromi's apartment if they called someone during the elevator ride to the maintenance floor.
    • Riders on the Storm - Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, it wasn't possible to talk to Panam and Mitch.
    • Search and Destroy - Fixed an issue where further main quests didn't appear after completing this quest.
    • Sweet Dreams - Quest will no longer reappear in the journal with the "Talk to Stefan" objective if Stefan's braindance was refunded after V initially rejected the offer.
    • The Information - Added a choice to skip the braindance tutorial sequence.
    • These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - V's old car will no longer be missing.
    • With a Little Help from My Friends - Fixed an issue where Panam wouldn't call to start the quest after Riders on the Storm.

GRAPHICS, AUDIO, ANIMATION, CINEMATIC DESIGN

• Improved water appearance and added water interactions. Ripples and splash effects will be produced during various events, like object collisions and from gunfire.
    • Improved rain visual effects on vehicle windows. Raindrops are no longer afraid of falling.
    • Added neon rims for bikes. You can switch them on and off with the E key (or by pressing Left Stick on a gamepad).
    • Improved visuals of the Optical Camo cyberware. If Johnny had this cyberware in 2023, he could've just quietly dropped the mini nuke.
    • Fixed an issue where various subtitles with Johnny's lines could get stuck on the screen.
    • Fixed a number of AVs flying through buildings.

ENVIRONMENT AND LEVELS

• Improved the weather system so that its states change in a more logical order and when certain conditions are met.
    • Drastically reduced the amount of loot lying around as a part of an effort to allow players more breathing room to experience quest scenes and the world itself.

STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE

• HDD Mode has now an auto-detection option. When enabled, it automatically detects which drive the game is installed on, and, if neccessary, boosts data loading and crowd activity at the expense of crowd variety, extra loading screens, and less detail in the streets when driving fast.
    • Added AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 1.0 algorithm, replacing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS). On PC it can be enabled in Settings > Graphics > Resolution Scaling. The option is not configurable on consoles.
    • Multiple fixes and improvements related to stability and optimization.

PC-SPECIFIC

• Added a benchmark mode. You can find it in Settings > Run Benchmark.
    • Added a "Toggle walking" option when playing with keyboard. It is activated by pressing G during exploration. The key can be rebinded in Settings.
    • Enabled transparent ray-traced reflections on glossy coating of some cars.
    • Enabled Variable Rate Shading (VRS). This feature boosts rendering performance and visual quality by varying the shading rate for different regions of the frame. Available only on compatible hardware.
    • Fixed an issue which blocked Resolution Scaling on AMD graphics cards when Ray Tracing was enabled.

Discontinued support for NVIDIA 700 Series graphics cards.Windows 7: future support
    https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

Among the fixes they added core game changes/adjustments/additions that completely change your in game experience. But among the biggest changes they removed the "brute force" approach of playing the game that was tailored for AMD's competitor. Now, they paved the way for consoles to actually play the game. Among those changes they've added VRS, FSR Support and unblocked Radeon cards from resolution scaling for Ray Tracing. That last one was very anti competitive as AMD's competitor was able to do that since release. Telling me how bias they are for Radeon users.

Be that as it may you can't add crackers to a turd and call it an appetizer. Like I said, and will continue to stand by. You have to fix the game 1st before worry about driver fixes. Perhaps the with this patch the game will actually run better with the fixes RTG implemented in the drivers already.

But one of the decision that didn't make any sense was the removal of CAS. Yes, we know you can only use either FSR or CAS but they simply removed the ability to choose. Most of the bugs and game fixes I left in the link. But it only further proves what I was telling you all along. The game was in a dare state that need to be fixed. This is by far the biggest patch fix list I've seen in a game, ever!
    :eek:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    The Polaris 2077 lighting bug on 22.x drivers is a good exception to this as it breaks gameplay, unless 1.5 fixed it game side.
    If they made it possible on options, FSR should also allow you to just use the much better RCAS algorithm without the upscaling functions enabled, replacing the CAS option. ACC permits so under FSR with a dedicated RCAS slider while keeping res scale at 100%, and it's a huge improvement to UE's sharpen.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Ok lets make something clear. A driver can
    fix/work around an issue with the game. It doesn't mean that the drivers are the actual fault. IE: spaghetti code, etc.

At a guess...and this is just a guess, I would think that you would no longer need those drivers once patch 1.50 is released.

CAS is just an option one can use. There was no need to remove it entirely as it was already added in the game. I am sure that took some work to implement. As the end user you either enable CAS or enable FSR. It's not a hard concept.

The magnitude of fixes, adjustments, changes and additions of patch 1.50 proves to me, at least, why hardware sponsored games should be prohibited in the industry. Tailoring the game to work well on just one series of gpus is why we are at this point in CB2077.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    PrEzi likes this.

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    @Eastcoasthandle

Patch 1.5 with AMD's current drivers still have broken lighting on Polaris and VEGA. IDK what you are on about. It's an AMD driver issue and has nothing to do with the game itself. They broke the lighting with 21.12.1 for Polaris and VEGA, and if you downgrade your driver to 21.11.1, or older, the game works just fine. This alone is proof that it's an issue on AMD's side, which AMD officially acknowledged in their list of known issues.

CAS is not removed. It's still in the game, you get to enable sharpening through it.

If you want to go all conspiracy nut about it, this just shows that AMD no longer cares about its older generation of GPUs. A bug that was introduced last December, still has not been fixed in nearly three months. Then again, GCN 1.0 or HD 7000 series had a clock/state bug that plagued the better half of its later years.. a bug that lasted for more than 4 years and was not fully addressed.. ever.

And once more, Cyberpunk 2077 is not an nvidia sponsored title. And this whole "purchase decisions based on sponsorship" theory of yours is utter rubbish.

AMD has sponsored games like Crysis 3 and Prey that runs like absolute tripe on their own hardware, for example. Similarly, games like Batman Arkham Night, which is an nvidia sponsored title, runs better on AMD hardware.

There are more nuances involved than simply everything being some conspiracy against AMD, like how a certain game engine functions. Some game engines simply favor certain architectures, like CryEngine working better on nvidia cards whereas things like RE Engine works better on AMD.

Dying Light 2, despite being an nvidia sponsored title, runs better on AMD cards, that too with DirectX 11!

There was a time when sponsorship meant that performance got nerfed for the competitors, but those days are gone. This is not 2005~2015 anymore. The more accessible the game is to the audience, the more revenue it generates.

The truth of the mattter is, AMD, intel, nvidia.. they all are out to get your money.. and none of them are saints. Fanboying for them and ignoring actual issues or trying to debunk issues as non issues doesn't help the real consumers.

Again, please, do some due diligence before you spew nonsense, take this as a humble request.

AlleyViper likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You are right. There is still an issue with lightning in the game using polaris and vega gpus. Lets hope amd will adress it with next driver as they already acknowledged there is an issue.

AlleyViper and Romulus_ut3 like this.
  18. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX6750ΧΤ
    Different game for each case?

19. toki1990

toki1990 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Rx 6600 xt
    hwinfo64 have stability problems ( amd control panel showing driver timeout... ) with amd gpu driver newer than 21.11.3. I'm added hwinfo64 to autorun on windows 11. I was always see driver timeout error at system boot. I'm removed hwinfo64. I can use last amd drivers perfectly stable with rx 6600 xt now.

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You are, and have always, ignored the state of the game. You aren't making much of a point here as you spout off the same none sense. With patch 1.50 a lot of issues were fixed, added and addressed with Radeon GPUs owners. It's a beginning 14 months into the game life cycle. Perhaps, just perhaps RTG will address the issue once the game is a in a better playing state for Radeon GPU owners. But the game is still at fault for some of the anti competitive aspects that (some of which) were undone in patch 1.50.

I'm just the messenger of reading the patch notes itself.
    Added AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 1.0 algorithm, replacing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS). On PC it can be enabled in Settings > Graphics > Resolution Scaling. The option is not configurable on consoles.

Perhaps those older GPUs are on a legacy status. It wouldn't surprise me. However, you spouting off the rooftops name calling members of the community because they are not in your position as you. Who still owns a GPU 2-3 generations ago is no way to make friends here. No one pee'd on your corn flakes and kicked your cat to have you spout of this level of hatred you've exhibited here in this thread/forum:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fsr-thread.440398/page-2#post-5982946
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/radeon™-software-adrenalin-22-1-2-download-discussion.441488/page-5#post-5986265
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/radeon™-software-adrenalin-21-12-1-download-discussion.440786/page-9#post-5975528
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a...wnload-discussion.426775/page-12#post-5678438
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...ownload-discussion.419069/page-4#post-5513184
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...wnload-discussion.411463/page-20#post-5371494
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/h...vements-from-new-drivers.410537/#post-5349943
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/m...70x-nitro-worth-it.410253/page-2#post-5345695

These are just examples, there are more. I simply stopped here for the sake of uniformity. But you have shown yourself to be very toxic towards other Radeon members here.

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/...artner-to-bring-ray-tracing-to-cyberpunk-2077
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/campaigns/cyberpunk-2077/
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-partnership-ray-tracing/

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. The links above clearly show that nv sponsored/partnered with them to help them create cb2077. Which only worked well with their hardware when it was released. Which was so badly received that consoles blacklisted the game. I

This is called a strawman. We are talking about CB2077 in which, in part they admitted:
    Fixed an issue which blocked Resolution Scaling on AMD graphics cards when Ray Tracing was enabled.

I agree, you do need to do your own diligence to get your facts straight. I've provided you with enough information to show:
    -The game was (IMO still is) in a horrible state 14 month after release. Patch 1.50 made some major fixes to allow Radeon users, as well as everyone, the ability to play the game as intended. Regardless of drivers used. Patch 1.50 is a good start but much more work is needed for a nvidia sponsored title.
    -CB2077 is a nv sponsored title as proven above
    -You are a troll. You've repeatedly verbally attacked members of this community as provided in the links above to anyone who've you disagreed with. And, you've been doing it for a long time. And you show little regard for the benefits we enjoy on this side of the fence.
    -And, as I've already stated Radeon can address whatever work around they have planned to fix that minor issue once the game is in a better playing state. Which is why you probably haven't seen anything as of yet. And, still stand behind the notion that you fix the game 1st before you worry about driver updates.

Nothing you say will deter me or others how bad this game was released. And, no driver can fix it unless they stepped up and fix their own broken game. Now that they've made 1st steps to actually get it working for consoles (which also use AMD hardware) only rebukes your own notion that we should only look at "drivers". How ironic that the consoles don't exhibit this same issue as you. Albeit 14 months after release. So, instead of calling people names. Read the patch notes. Educate yourself on the myriad of problems this game has. And understand there is more going on with this game then the bubble you try to eclipse us with.

You've made a mountain out of a mole hill with a minor issue with a game 14 or so months after being released. With GPU hardware that is 2-3 generations behind. To use this game as the hill you die on that actual has a mountain load of issues. It's like complaining you found a bent blade of grass in a junkyard surrounded by tainted dirt. Which is the other aspect of why I see you as a troll.
    ;)