Dying Light 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I was about to buy it today after work, guess I'll wait some more.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you're running unnecessary applications in the backround, yes, otherwise you're fine with 16GB.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You mean like a few chrome tabs? :D

emperorsfist likes this.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Define "a few"...

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well, maybe 50? Hehe.

Jokes aside i hate closing chrome every time i want to play the game. 32gb ram mitigate that issue.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    wouldn t unchecking :use hardware acceleration" resolve the issue of chrome in games? XD

8. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Cant be that as all my stuff is worse lol. 5600x/32g of 3600mhz. My 3080 is water cooled though and runs at 2.2ish ghz at 65c max. I have noticed that after an hour or so of playing that my gpu mem usage is maxed. It sits on 9983mb usage. You playing higher res than me maybe? I'm up to 24hours played now with mostly no issues, one or two stutters and 70-110fps usually. That said last nights patch has buggered up all the on screen prompts. It only shows keyboard commands now even though im playing with an xbox control

9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Do you guys have some stutter here and there ?

And anyone tested without rebar and/or HAGS ?

10. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    Dying light 2 its the weird HDR cellshading type graphics. The first game had this grungy photorealstic look to it. This looks like borderlands for some reason to me. Like the characters have the dark outline thingy which gives off that cell shading look. The e3 build looked a lot like the first game

[​IMG]

itpro likes this.

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Rebar has to be forced via Nvidia Inspector, give about 6% higher FPS with Rebar forced enabled on my 3090.
    Game is quite smooth, a 5 minute long benchmark run outdoor give me 69FPS avg (noice) and 59FPS 1%Low

ToyTen likes this.
  12. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Thank you for your kind words. I am recovering well and this game is helping

eGGroLLiO, Undying, Maddness and 2 others like this.
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So I bought DL1 from day one having been a fan of Dead Island (yes believe it or not their was at least one person who liked that game) The concept of a free running style zombie survival with a real night time danger element just did it for me and my god did DL knock it out of the park. Never had any issues with the game apart from the awful quick time final boss fight and the arena style sub boss fights. Otherwise everything else was great. DL2 though I am starting to get a little wound up with.

Not withstanding the bugs, just loaded in to a safe zone to find that the sleep spot, stash and UV lamp have stopped working. Nice touch that one when I;ve loaded in in the middle of the night which in turn leads to the next issue, gameplay mechanics designed to annoy rather than engage.

Let's start with the parkour, it feels off. Disconnected and very lumpy is the best way I can describe it, then combine that with really ropey map design which on more than one occasion has left me standing at the top of a tall location with no real way to progress. In fact the overall map design is covered in unpassable obstacles that serve no purpose other than to get in the way and break the flow of player progression. Scaffolding covered in wooden ad boards that you can't climb over really are annoying and more so when they block the entrance to safe zones at a time when you're under pressure. In fact the safe zones seem to be designed in such a way as to obscure access and make them as irritating and annoying to access as possible. No idea why the developers seem to have gone out of their way to do this but they then not only double but triple down on the factors designed to limit and annoy.

The stamina bar is rubbish, a weak, lazy concept that has been put in to the game as nothing more than a way of gating access to certain areas until the player has levelled up. The fact that it has a detrimental effect on the core gameplay loop only reinforces what a p*ss poor decision adding this in was. The same goes for the night time infection count down timer. I suspect this has been added as a way to force players to find and unlock safe zones (assuming that a bug doesn't stop them from working) i.e yet another way of gating player progression until they have met certain criteria. I would say it was a way of limiting players from exploring at night but the night zombies seem to be actually pretty effective.at pushing the player to limit night time roaming, of course that may be down to the parkour itself and map design being really janky.

ramthegamer, Undying and PhazDelta like this.
  14. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I've put around 30 odd hours into it. You need to unlock the parkour upgrades and then traversel around the DL2 world becomes much easier. I've found it similar to the first game. With the exception of the grappling hook.

The stamina bar does suck at the beginning, but after a few upgrades doesn't stay as an issue.

15. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Currently, on my PC, Windows 11 is reporting total 10.5GB of RAM usage while running Dying Light 2. I've been using 32GB of memory since 2015 but I would say 16GB is still plentiful for gaming, including Dying Light 2.

cucaulay malkin likes this.

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    PhazDelta and Undying like this.
  17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I wish many people like me and u would agree on this, however u will always find people defending the game s graphics no matter what....while the logical thing to me is, game looks so dated without RT on

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I gotta finish the following instead
    I abandoned it after finishing the base game,clearing volatile nests was just too scary :eek: :p

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  20. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I purchased all DLCs after upgrading DL1 to Following Enhanced Edition and then again to Platinum Edition. I supported them fully. But DL2, man, they demand me to buy a new rig. DL1 is much superior at graphics than DL2 with RT/OFF.

ramthegamer likes this.