NVIDIA Hotfix GeForce 511.72 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Feb 5, 2022.

1. NoLikes

NoLikes Member Guru

GPU:
    1080TI
    Yes, the driver is kinda nonsense.
    nonsense.PNG

Right about seen at this point in time.
    ETL 471
    ETL_471.PNG
    ETL 511
    ETL_511.PNG

What do you expect by a driver that open adapters for no reason?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    Mapson likes this.
  2. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    just wondering if i'm able to use an older driver with the newer 3080 12gig cards? cause i'm quite sure the older 471. driver didn't detect my card and everything was low-res etc.
    would be kind of annoying sitting on a driver that is causing some weird problem.
    (i cannot disable gsync via the monitor itself, only nvidia, would that still work or am i out of luck?)

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    You wouldn't want 471.XX anyways, cuz that's the branch that was plagued with the i/o writes.

4. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    okay it's just a bit unfortunate that i can't disable gsync within my monitor..

5. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    472.84 seem to be working fine with my RTX 2070 Super :)

6. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    God of War runs smooth on my system with the 472.12 standard. That's with an I7-7700, 32gb of ram, 1tb nvme and a 1060 6gb on a 50 in 1080p plasma

7. What's special about the driver versions being mentioned? Is 472.12 the last standard driver? Does 471 work better at all than 472?

8. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    studio 472.84 standard is your best bet and more stable driver

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I only really play Fortnite (mainly PvE), and i wish i had gone back to 472 sooner, it's butter smooth on my 1070.

Anything after always felt a bit stuttery, but i kept trying them hoping it was just the Shader Cache needing updating. But so far it seems that wasn't the case, 472 is just that good.

10. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Same here Fortnite on new driver all good with my RTX3080OC

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nothing. The latest driver is completely fine and is in no way worse than any of the other mentioned versions.

Apparatus and Smough like this.
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Those 2 screenshots are practically the same. I mean 340 is very close to 370.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well i'm on a 1070 and 472 is way smoother than 496, 497 or 511.

Ofcourse 511 will work fine on a 3080, because that's what Nvidia's focus is on.

I'm not spitting bullshit, it's what i experience on screen.

14. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Thank you for posting the tests.

Can you confirm that tests are performed on an installation that has the 'monitor query registry spam' issue?

On an installation without the 'monitor query registry spam' issue I'm not seeing the CPU overhead when comparing driver 471.96 and 511.72.

BuildeR2 likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Without the debugging symbols at hand, you have literally no idea what you're complaining about (i mean, nvidia's symbols are private so you'll never get those, but you don't even have the microsoft symbols loaded)

Also your claims do not match the data you provided screenshot wise.

Anything lower than r495 lacks fixes for game bug causing issues, as well as doesn't meet the requirements for operation with a number of upcoming Vulkan games an emulators.

"Stable" is relative to system and what you're running on or doing with it.

Fortnite runnin a kernel anticheat means its impossible to get machine specific profiles for it with gpuview, are you using d3d11 or 12 though?

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if you have a displayport 1.1/1.2 toggle, it does the same thing.

17. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    We all know that a big problem has occured since the 472.11 drivers, if you actually play games.

The issue is compounded because the DCH drivers have always performed worse than the Standard drivers, and introduce a lot of issues with stuttering. Coincidentally, the 472.11 driver was the last driver to provide a "standard" option, unless you use the "studio driver".

This is where a lot of the feelings of input delay, stuttering, and so on actually originate. DCH drivers are not the move, but Nvidia is yet again making it easy for consumer to see that AMD is a superior company, just as AMD is superior in processors to Intel.

On the topic of Astyanax, the guy has been an Nvidia.... defender? simp? shill? fanboy? for over a year.

Imagine the life of a person spending a large portion of their life coming to Guru3D, just to tell consumers who use Nvidia products to game for hours per day, that their experiences are "wrong" or "don't happen". He literally messages multiple times per day to this website, just to tell you all that your complaints and experiences are "not true".

He's the most pretentious kind of person, and he will always say that the drivers are "fine" or "great". He will ignore your issues, and say that everything is perfect.

TheDeeGee and Smough like this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    False, and BS, there is no correlation between changing where the control panel goes or changing its packaging from a subinstaller into an appx package and any baseless performance changes.

Imagine causing 90% of the issues you report as driver bugs yourself through your own choices.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word, else a dictionary would slap you right smack in the face and show you the picture of yourself beneath it.

:rolleyes:

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    If the first person never posted about the dwm spam then we wouldnt have about 8 pages of spam about it here

Its a non issue that most would not have even noticed it

No performance dips and if you say there is your lying straight up simple

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In my case not sure its connected to driver, but ive seen this lately and not before.. at first i thought its some powersaving thing, but I disabled all in bios now and its still doing it.

Cpuz multi
    fresh boot 6960
    After few min 6750

Can reproduce every boot,

3dmark physics firestrike and timespy

Fresh boot ts gets 14500
    After 13500

Fresh boot fs gets 30300
    After 28500 or so

Cinebench20
    Fresh boot 6250
    After 5850

Intel latency memory checker

Fresh boot idle 35.8ns
    Final 35.5ns

After a while idle 36ns
    Final 38ns

Readwrite speeds drops around 300mb/s after a while

Im this close now to test older 472.xx driver again..

Otherwise i like this 511.65 is very Very smooth in destiny2.