Nvidia High Definition Audio 27.21.14.5509 with Dolby Home Theatre V4 enabled

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you can't get achievements either.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    But, that depends on the use case. I have a C9 and a Samsung HW-N950 soundbar. The TV has eARC, the sound bar does not. If I route everything via the sound bar I get proper sound, but I lose the 144op120 EDID, VRR and all the rest that the TV gives. If I send audio to the soundbar via ARC, I need a compressed source. Right now, Windows with the Dolby app will mindlessly pack everything on an Atmos signal, which I'm not even certain is better than Dolby Digital Live encoding. I would be curious to see what's the difference.

Any source about the specs on HDMI 2.1 on the LG OLEDs?

3. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I don't really understand how it works (that's just how Dolby likes things to be, haha :p) but generally Atmos can be "encapsulated" in DD+ or TrueHD. And I guess there is a native Atmos format (??? or may be something like "Atmos over LPCM", encapsulation into LPCM ???) but I also don't know if either of the compressed embedded formats should be backwards-compatible with not Atmos capable processors or not. In general, I think it's the source device's job to separate the "core" or "base layer" and only send regular DD+ or TrueHD to the AVR (speaking about Blu-Ray movie playback here).
    So, in case you have no Atmos capable processor, the software should encode into DD+ or TrueHD (depending on the detected AVR capabilities). -> I tried this with my old AVR and it doesn't work for me (AVr switched to TrueHD with 1 channel and it was mute, so I guess it was an Atmos format and this was with the AVR connected to the PC directly, on separate cable).
    Of course it's a bit more complicated if you route everything through a longer chain. The TV might exposes capabilities which aren't supported by the eARC device (or hides because it doesn't support pass-through of certain formats). This shouldn't happen unless this device in the middle can convert it down to a format supported by the actual sound device later down the chain (but the TV might not be so smart).

I think it's in a FlatpanelsHD article but it's completely irrelevant in practice.
    The next C9 firmware (in a few weeks or months) should expose 8-channel LPCM pass-through though.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I have identified a flaw that results in substantial SSD writes when audio is active, it is constantly logging to Software.Log1 to the degree of 250+bytes a second, this only occurs when using drivers modified with the first posts APO libraries and inf.

I don't know if its due to a bug in the APO dll's or the Inf, but i've gone back to the stock driver and leave this here for others that notice case light spamming on the system drive when any sounds are active.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Perhaps the log file can be made read only to assist?
    (assuming its not a system log)

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the registry transaction log, pending updates are written into it prior to being committed to the software hive.

also, i understated the writes by several factors, they are 200-350,000Bytes/s

Modded HDAudio
    [​IMG]

Steam Streaming as default (that would have disappeared off the list if i'd waited a bit more)
    [​IMG]

stock HDAudio
    [​IMG]

don't mind the pokemon, i've been working with the emulator team to improve performance when using high xbrz filters and it was the lightest thing i could think of to replicate the behaviors, actually saw it with Ryujinx and had noticed it prior with a Tiger Cam on youtube my niece likes to watch.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    DanielRX likes this.
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Sorry about that, I have no clue why that is either. I also lack the time to check it out atm.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not your fault buddy, it could be a change on Microsofts end, i started poking at the driver inf to have a look using the github originals but ended up breaking the inf to the point it can't open the Dolby tab registry info XD.

Oh well, it was a funky experiment and i didn't really find any need for it with my usage on that machine anyway.

9. vanhosting

vanhosting Guest

GPU:
    1050 super
    could you upload the driver again please..
    thank

Aleks ZP and bigcid1 like this.
  10. Everdeath66

Everdeath66 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx1070
    Hi dude, plz give me files for setup dolby on hdmi links plz
    Big thanks!

11. paxkronos

paxkronos Guest

GPU:
    RTX5000
    Folks,

I've just modded the latest official nvidia drivers using information gathered here and there.
    The Dolby Theater v4 app is installed and the Dolby Theater v4 APO shows up in a dedicated tab in the NVIDIA HDA HDMI sound driver page.
    However, "Dolby Digital" doesn't show up in the list of "Default Formats" of the HDMI device which seems to be the reason why I cannot get games outputting 5.1 PCM to play 5.1 surround in my receiver (the receiver still says LPCM instead of Dolby Digital). Any clues to this?

Here is my setup:
    PC -(HDMI)-> TV -(HDMI ARC)-> Receiver

Some facts:
    - The receiver only supports 2ch LPCM or Dolby Digital through HDMI ARC.
    - When playing broadcast TV or Netflix in the TV, the receiver correctly outputs Dolby Digital.
    - On the PC when configuring VLC with AC3 passthru and playing a Dolby Digital encoded audio file the receiver correctly outputs Dolby Digital.

What's missing is having Windows encode multichannel PCM into a Dolby Digital bitstream through HDMI and, my comprehension is that I need "Dolby Digital" to show up in the list of "Default Formats" like shown below ?

[​IMG]

If someone could give me some hints where to look ... I would be really grateful.

PS: I do not want to use the usual "APO" installers shared around.

12. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR

Hello.
    I might hint you a way
    first of all, I think the connection should be Graphics Card => AV Receiver HDMI Port => TV HDMI
    to make Dolby Digital encoding in games you need modded driver like AAF Optimus by Alan Finotty, use the Microosft based its important as for me only that one patch the NVIDIA HDMI Audio driver, If u choice Realtek it won't touch NVIDIA HDMI Audio driver
    After install the Dolby Digital toggle should appear in format selection.

I must say it works good, but DTS Interactive gonna be way better, but I couldn't find any info about it to work on NVIDIA HDMI Audio, the tutorials and confirm work is only on SPDIF connection.
    I played PC version of The Last of US Part 1 Remake on PC with Dolby Digital 5.1 and then borrow playstation 4 to play the Part 2 and choice the DTS encoder over DD, and holy man, it really makes the differents.
    I hope someone manage to port the DTS Interactive.
    I can't comprahand why more then a dacade of HDMI Graphics card audio, all the decoding support formats etc, and for some reason they won't make encoding surround sound in games out of the box, and you need to figgle around with modded driver etc

13. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I use the default nvidia audio driver (non modded) rtx3080
    with my AVR (PC-->AVR-->TV) (Onkyo TX-NR6100)
    combined with the DTS-sound unbound and Dolby access apps from
    the MS store and I can run DTS-X/HD and/or Dolby digital/Atmos
    is my movies/games without any problems