NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Would DLDSR help in old games like FFXIV who only have FXAA as an AA option?

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Yes, that is the point of downsampling AA.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I had to try it (5160x2160 in my case for 2.25x), unfortunately the performance penalty is too great. I guess that's why it's better suited towards games that also have DLSS.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Did you try 1.78x? It already makes image way less noisy. DLDSR has really made that factor usable.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yep, tried that in-game but my monitor went black and I had to do a hard reset :D

Edit: Either Windows, my GPU or my monitor don't like 4587x1920. Too weird I guess :)

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I think that 21:9 1.78x DLDSR issue is reported to Nvidia and probably and next driver might even contain a fix, if I'm not mistaken.

Netherwind likes this.
  7. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    I haven't tried GExperience yet...well tried it many years ago once and was confused about a few things around it. Can you share a screenshot of your vanguard for comparison?

8. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    In fact, totally useless! Next GRD will come up today or friday for Dying Light 2 launch

LocoDiceGR and OnnA like this.
  9. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    It's not huge but I don't push it too hard

Vanguard-Geforce-overlay.jpg

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Tried 2.25x in the end and although it did counter some of the grass shimmer/beaten path gravel shimmer the drawbacks are too great. Still, interesting experiment.

11. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    I'm having the same issue. With 511.23 I am not getting 10bit video passed to madVR then to the display regardless of any other settings. It was working fine with 497.29, I've never experience the stuttering you mention on any driver version, so I'm back on 497.29 and getting 10bpc working correctly.

The bold bit above is referring to the fact that fullscreen exclusive mode (in MadVR render settings) isn't proper fullscreen because of windows fullscreen optimizations forcing it to borderless windowed correct? Just disable windows fullscreeen optimizations for MPC's executable, then you will get proper exclusive fullscreen.

I have an almost identical setup to you (minor differences: Win10 21H1, 3080Ti, LG CX, Denon AVR 1910,10bpc RGB fullrange set in NVCP). However I do not let MadVR auto-switch the display mode, the CX stays in 2160p120 SDR GSYNC-ON, this is because I also use SVP frame interpolation to interpolate framerate up to 120fps regardless of source framerate. As I said above I've never had any video stuttering on any nvidia driver but 511.23 did break 10 bit output so I'm back on 497.29. All my content is H264/H265 SDR FHD.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you don't require FSE nor do you need to disable FSO for madvr to automatically move to 10b

im sure madshi is already communicating with nvidia about whatever issue is occuring if not already working around it.

13. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    Could you please provide a citation or some evidence for that claim? Reading around on the Doom9 forum, several posts by different users say that FSE must be enabled in MadVR to get 10bpc output*. If you wish to contradict them, you might want to provide evidence. Admittedly they don't mention disabling FSO, but I disable it for ALL graphically intensive applications that run in fullscreen as a standard procedure because on my hardware I get to decide which apps are fullscreen-exclusive and which are borderless windowed, not microsoft.

* For example this one: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172128

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I pay no attention to what end users say about anything when they misconfigure their pcs

Windows 10 + Madvr will make use of the formers Direct Scan-out capabiliy and configure the depth of the screen directly, originally reported as a bug but it is intended and expected behavior.

http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=631

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  15. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    The bit in bold is correct only if HDR is enabled in windows settings. If the desktop and display are in SDR mode (and are not automatically put into HDR mode by playing a HDR video) then it will not work AFAIK.

Comments at your link back this up:

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your quote is not from madshi or about direct scanouts function, its a description of an issue one of the users is experiencing despite the state of the FSE checkbox being off.

is the only supposition on direct scanouts behavior.

17. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    The issue the user is experiencing is a result of the direct scanout function (mischaracterising it as a bug as you pointed out in your earlier post), and therefore that user's experience supports the fact that direct scanout only performs that particular functionality in HDR mode.

18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Finally got this figured out! I feel dumb now, but much like @EugeneJackKhoros mentioned in the 511.72 thread my max resolution was 4096x2160. The DLDSR resolutions were based on that so issues were because my screen considers the 17:9 resolutions to be "foreign" or strange so it freaked out. I used CRU 1.5.1 to delete the offending resolutions and all works well now.

EugeneJackKhoros and Mufflore like this.
  19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    For some reason I thought your screen was lower res than UHD but maybe can accept a UHD signal (which it downscales), thats what my post was based on.
    Well done sorting it.

20. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Another reason why I always use ddu, even if some claim is "not needed", I prefer to avoid unpleasant driver issues by doing this so I can get the an experience as stable as I can make it. Oh and also, GFE, screw that bloatware.