Intel Determined to bring gamers millions of Intel ARC GPUs each year

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    If they can supply people will buy they need market share so keeping it cheap would help that too

tunejunky likes this.
  3. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    We should see the very first Intel ARC GPU, after we can talk about millions of GPUs.
    I love Intel with these big promises, but no one knows yet what's the release date of these...

Keitosha likes this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Intel would need to open its own (web)stores to sell directly to gamers to keep prices low. Otherwise the retail step will simply double the prices to the current insane miners-only level. But then again, maybe they will indeed do just that in the USA, like AMD and Nvidia are doing. Folks outside of the USA can only dream of such luxury. Custom models from AIB partners will have heavily bloated prices, just like the AMD and Nvidia models do. Nothing Intel can do about that.

Keitosha, olymind1, tunejunky and 3 others like this.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Like Nvidia, Intel will sell by the pallet and container load to the highest bidders. Sure, thats millions of GPUs.

Keitosha, Backstabak, Kaarme and 5 others like this.
  6. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    More cards for miners to warm up the planet, yay!

XenthorX and Horus-Anhur like this.
  7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Can't sell what you keep delaying ;)

Keitosha and Silva like this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Miners and scalpers are sure to ruin things for gamers, again.

Keitosha and Silva like this.
  9. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    If they sell direct, and cut out all the price increasing middlemen, then they could seriously undercut the likes of NVidia and third party AIB board makers.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I think Intel is targeting laptop users with these atleast the first batch so we wont see many desktop variants and those gonna be scalped and inflated.

11. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I can see this happening too at first since they technically already have an oem only gpu already available and the performance seems more in line with what you would see in laptops or low power pc's

tunejunky likes this.
  12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Talk is cheap...

13. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    Not Quite, but mostly correct.
    there is a hell of a lot Intel can do mainly with their most dedicated vendor - Dell.
    Dell has a robust online retail presence (if i'm not mistaken #1 in direct sales) selling primarily Intel product. Dell isn't (but could be) an AIB, but they don't need to be in this case. Intel can control the flow of gpu's through Dell's advanced (custom) software and Dell can limit the number of gpu's sold to individual clients. Dell can also limit large sales to pre-existing clientele, none of whom is involved in mining (Enterprise and limited brick and mortar).

Kaarme likes this.
  14. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    Its nice to have competition but tbh i will most likely always stay with Nvidia, I like having proper G-sync and all other gaming features from them, to me they have great driver support (even though they really need to update the CP to something more modern looking)

Undying and tunejunky like this.
  15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    you won't be alone.
    long time gamers will be particularly concerned with the drivers for sure.
    i happen to like both AMD and Nvidia owning both the last 6 years, but before that it was (not counting ATI) all Nvidia.

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    This really need to be a success. Even if they just match 3060 or 6600XT this will at least bring competition to the "affordable" GPU market. When Ryzen came out i jumped on it to make a statement and speak with my wallet cause i was sick of 4 cores core i5 without multithreading and my next GPU might very well be intel if this work to speak with my wallet again.

Kaarme likes this.
  17. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I have never really considered Dell laptops, so I'm not too familiar with them, but can you actually buy a graphics card alone from Dell for a reasonable price? Or are they only additional options for Dell desktop PC orders? You could get video cards inside famous OEM PCs all the time (more or less), for a lower price than individually from a regular PC component store, but since this is Guru3D and we all typically build our own PCs, I feel like it's not relevant to pay attention to that when complaining about the market.

Your point is valid, of course, but it might still be of scant comfort for us.

Let's also not forget that AMD, Nvidia, and Intel in the future don't really care if their cards end up in miner or gamer hands. A sell is a sell. Marketing speeches are a different thing from reality. Nvidia has, in the past, called all of their RTX 30xx sales as sales to gamers, as well. I can't remember if AMD has done the same or if AMD has bothered to say anything.

tunejunky likes this.
  18. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Can they even know precisely how many goes to gamers and how many to miners? I mean they ship GPU to 3rd party manufacturers and 3rd party manufacturers are the one shipping the graphic cards to retailers (and likely selling some of them directly to big mining farm). As much as i hate the current state of the GPU market i'm not sure it's AMD or nVidia fault nor it is their responsibility to clean this mess. Mining should really be regulated (like everything else) and at the end of the day it's our duty as citizen to make pressure for it to happen. Like right to repair nothing will change until real pressure is applied.

19. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Yeah, it's not their responsibility, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to claim the cards are a massive success among gamers when most cards end up in mining rigs. The AIBs as well advertise the cards with 100% gaming imagery, fully knowing it's miners who get their hands on those cards. That's what I'm complaining about.

Keitosha, carnivore and tunejunky like this.
  20. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Oh for sure there's lot of hypocrisy going on. Always make me laugh to see those RGB cards while we all know miners don't give a crap about RGB. At this point if i was a reviewer i think i would dedicate a good part of the GPU reviews toward mining benchmark. Personally i think it's silly mining performance is not included in GPU reviews these days. I guess GPU makers and 3rd party video card manufacturers have to protect their image toward gamers. They are surely not confident this will last forever and they know their market over a long period of time will likely revert to be mainly gamers.

Kaarme and tunejunky like this.