Windows 11 Release Build

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 4, 2021.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    FPS are equal or better for every game. Windows 11 is an improved Windows 10 OS.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Using 11 myself, but there isn't any performance difference between up to date 10 and 11 when it comes to gaming, majority of Youtube videos comparing the two also confirms that.
    11 is not a complete new OS, it's basically 10 with some changes and additional features, none of the differences address gaming performance so far though.

itpro likes this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I asked you in another thread if you are using Acronis True Image. If so, disable the antimalware checker, or set up your game dirs not to be scanned. The malware scanner is known for killing FPS performance like the amount you are losing.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i never use that and i don t even know what that is, anyway, no use now, im already back on win 10 as i haven t really felt much difference btw the 10 and 11 except the more rounded edges of the taskbars and such, and i absolutely like the fact that i don t have performance issues anymore with cs go.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    good for you, for me, i was having sudden 100 dropping fps on teamdeathmatch in cs go, and i had bare minimum stuff running in the background.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Quite sure that it isn't 11 itself causing those 100fps drops in CS GO.
    I guess you ensured to update all drivers and adjusted Windows settings and other stuff to get it on pair with your previous Windows 10 installation?

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    From googling around seems a widespread issue for both Nvidia and AMD users on Win 11. But seems to affect CSGO more than any other title. Not sure why it would be an issue though, since dropping from 250 fps to 150 should not affect gameplay at all.

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Maybe not so widespread if all players posted their results?
    Checking YouTube doesn't indicate it to be so widespread either.
    csgo windows 10 vs 11 - YouTube
    Window 11 VS Windows 10 | CS:GO | FPS Benchmark | 2021 - YouTube

First result that I found claiming fps loss was on reddit (from 624fps to unplayable 514fps...! :D) is dated back to pre release.

Reliable channels show no big difference between games either, so who do we trust more, sites like Guru3D that say that there is no difference (aligns to my own observations), those who claim 11 is better or those who claim it's worse?

Not denying that some run into issues, but those differences can come down to Auto HDR, other things enabled that where not enabled before as specific drivers that might need an update.

I can fully understand if someone doesn't want to use a lot of time digging around for the answers though, a rollback can often be way faster, we all been there at some point with one or the other Windows release, often because it took ages to get updated drivers and even software.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Has Microsoft mentioned anywhere that they will be putting basic functions back into the taskbar so we can do things like this?

[​IMG]

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not entirely true.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What are the specs of the system you're running Win11 on? If it's the specs you have listed, maybe try running it on hardware that it actually supports.....

12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I only just got offered Win 11 yesterday here in the UK 26/01/22.

I want to give it a try but i have some doubts about an over the top install.

Firstly how does DirectStorage and stuff work when you are overwriting Win 10 and keeping all your files/programs installed?

I know it's better to do a fresh Win 11 pro install but i have a 4tb M.2 ssd with about 2.5tb used up on games mainly and have pretty slow internet speeds of 80/20 or 8mb/s speeds so re-downloading is an slight issue.

Also i use startisback on Win 10 and it's really a stripped down version of W10 pro with a lot of stuff disabled/removed, i was wondering if any of this may cause issues while doing the "upgrade".

For me there's only a few small upgrades that i like, like Auto HDR and the aforementioned DirectStorage and plus the latest WDDM on Win 11 which is 3.0 right?

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Could be that because it s 6700k

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yes everything updated to the latest, display drivers and all, and still that friggin fps drop happens

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I will wait for the android final update next month, to finally install windows 11.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's not Android as you might understand it. You need an Amazon account and use Apps from it.

itpro likes this.
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You can install android apk's no problem with https://github.com/alesimula/wsa_pacman

no need for amazon

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Over the top works, it can add a corruption on the Windows.old folder it creates though, to completely remove the folder (issue was with 1 single file, could even replicate it) I had to run chkdsk /f.
    Don't remove the old installation before you ensured that the upgrade works though.

DirectStorage is a part of DX12U, needs to be implemented into games to work (think there are none so far), so it won't affect your files/installed programs.

Stripped down does not matter unless you went as far as doing some extreme stripping with NTLite, although the installation will most probably add some of what you stripped away.

Reddoguk likes this.
  19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Since your testing the dev builds, is there an option to remove that android feature or does MS force it upon us?

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It is not installed at all , it is an windows store app , just like the linux one is.