NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    From what others talk about here, 466.77 or 471.41 are giving the most consistent results right now.

2. kratokrato

kratokrato Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    I have monitor image misaligned problem with 511.23 driver. No problem with 497.29.

[​IMG]

3. Jobert

Jobert Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    In one week I have had Control crash, Metro Exodos crash and now today Red Dead Redemption 2 crash. Hours upon hours in all those games and never had issues like that until this last week.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    evaluate the stability of your memory and cpu.

XantaX and RodroG like this.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Yupi, the driver is solid IMhO, maby even the best to date :rolleyes:
    I like new features TBF...

NingNangNong and XantaX like this.
  6. Maomed2022

Maomed2022 Guest

GPU:
    32 DDR5
    Dying Light 2: Stay Human comes out on February 4th, so there will be a new nvidia driver that will fix the problems that are in the current version of the driver?

7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Nope, they plan to add more bugs and maybe ignore most of the old ones, assuming they even know any new games are coming out. Maybe you should let them know.

8. maciejsojka

maciejsojka Member

GPU:
    G@;$TX 1660 S GP@OC
  9. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    he drunk to much i guess

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    For those who think/believe that their system is responsible for game stutters, test the new Rainbow Six Extraction(It's on Gamepass). The game is literally stutter-free, so if you have stutters there, then something is wrong with your system.

11. kcajjones

kcajjones Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    Of course I used DDU in safe mode. I reinstalled windows countless times and each time, if I installed 511 series drivers, the screen went black and after DDU removed them, any further attempts to rollback/downgrade the drivers manually (I tried both) ended up with black screens too! I can't be sure as there were so many attempts to get my pc working, but in the end I hard powered off the PSU and then did a fresh install on 490 drivers and it's working fine (verified in games/benchmark). I'm water cooled with a custom loop (2 x 360mm rads and ek full cover block) and I have a Corsair hx1200 PSU so power and temperatures don't seem to be an issue.

Ideology? I'm not sure what you mean but I'm pretty sure you don't mean ideology. I'm not sure what's wrong with hoping DDU is updated to be able to undo the mess Nvidias drivers are causing, beyond what it already does.

12. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    if you have an option in bios like " above 4g decoding" as enabled make it disabled when you install new graphical driver. if you dont have that option make your bios settings as default for testing if the driver will give you black screen or not.

13. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    You just said a real full power cycling of the hardware just fixed the issue. In that case this wasn't really a software issue (at least the semi-permanent portion which persisted through reboots before the power-cut).

14. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    "above 4g decoding" is not evil, I had it enabled ever since it appeared in the UEFI Setup (in what? may be 5 years ago?) and it never caused any issues. (And it was mandatory on my mining rigs.)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  15. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    i think it causes black screen on some hardware combinations (actually everything works behind OS loaded to desktop no pc freeze but only black screen) after i remove the driver in safe mode when i have it enabled in bios and because of that i disable it first every time when i install a new driver... btw are you the msi guy ?

16. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    No, I have no associations to any companies.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^
    Conclusion

Based on our previous results and findings, we recommend Ampere and Turing users to update to the latest GeForce 511.23 driver.
    Its raw performance and smoothness or frametimes consistency level are overall on par with our previously recommended driver 497.29 using both NVIDIA GPU architectures.

Note:
    Yup :p and there is some uplift for slower CPUs IMhO (ex. my 3700X).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  18. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Uplift in slower cpus?I dont see it mentioned in the article.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I've observed this on my RIG, in Forza H5...
    in 3080Ti thread i've posted some benches (1440p/4K) with 3800X :p just in case ;)

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090