NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The problem is the suttering thats annoying me, not the memory leak i havent even played long enough to get the memory leak lol
    the game just constantly stutters for me and even worse when entering a new area :/

2. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    @ManuelG When is the Geforce Experience issue with Instant Replay/shadow play disabling itself going to be fixed? Or at least provide us with acknowledgement that is an issue and you can or can not solve it? Is there a work around? This has been reported by many people on many forums for years now and no response.

3. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    this driver givme flickering on screen no matter if is doing nothing or browsing or gaming, rolling back to previus driver

4. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    You might want to keep that to yourself please, stop spewing misinformation, first the port is not even made by Santa Monica, its made by studio Jetpack, and second, the port, in this world where most ports are pure crap, its excellent, the issues that you mentioned will be fixed in future patches and do not hinder the progression or general feel of the game.

"NVIDIA needs to put their foot down on this continued inferior nonsense from these soft devs e g. RDR2" > definitely nvidia is gonna listen to a random joe on the web no one cares about

Smough likes this.

5. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It was a *collaborated*, not solely, partnership.

Now, how you take that 411, well, that is on you, or you could go back to your PlayStation Blog/forums and start yelling, while you are pushing your pom poms in the air... hard, but either way, I'm done with you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/22883541/god-of-war-pc-port-interview

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Well, a badly implemented and/or hard-coded stupid configuration of tweakable DLSS parameters shades bad marketing lights on the DLSS technology itself which should indirectly concern nVidia. Because all the user sees is that activating nVidia's DLSS (in that certain game where it's funky) makes the image garbage. In which case they will easily assume that DLSS as a whole is garbage (even though it's clearly not, since we can see good examples in other games), especially if they run into these bad DLSS implementations for the first time with DLSS. And this will easily stray them away from trying DLSS in other games where it's implemented and configured much better. This might also makes them feel that their RTX card was a bad choice because they paid for useless extra features (so they could have bought a different card without DLSS).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DLSS in GOW isn't "oversharpened" though. It has some ghosting issues but that's another matter.

8. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I haven't tried this game yet, I only went by his personal feedback. So I all posted is highly theoretical (it's all theoretical and only built on the assumption the feedback had merits).
    But the theory still applies to any theoretical future DLSS games. And it makes me hope that nVidia is strict with their configurability of hard-coded DLSS parameters to prevent such theoretical scenarios).

9. SmokingPistol

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You can be quite astute at times but you are incorrect here.

I've looked into this personally and one of the main instructions to implementing DLSS is to NOT have sharpening enabled WITHOUT ADDING a slider, SMS has failed this VeRy siiiiiMmple rule and enabled its values anyway.

I mean, if a dev fails to follow super easy instructions, this is nowhere an NVIDIA issue, period.

It is what it is. An SMS botched!

10. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    all the problems with GOW but to me its the stuttering, the game for me stutters the instant its loaded up , menu is fine. then once in game stutters crazy
    there is no other way to discribe it, it is a stuttering mess for me and i have tried lowering graphics, checking hdd issues, stressing my memory to make sure its still stable lowered the games fps with its limiter from 120 to 60, makes no difference. i cant get this game smooth lol or even workable smooth its just totally unplayable and takes you right out of the atmosphere :( :(

11. SmokingPistol

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    The extra stuttering now (random at launch but mostly from compiling) is from a *gift* from v1.02 so-called patch. Even more evidence to shine on SMS inferior practices.

12. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Speak for yourself, the port was greatly praised by portals such as Digital Foundry and I know many people with relatively humble rigs (including mine) that don't have any major issues with the game. Same goes for others who have higher end computers.I don't have any memory leak problems (maybe because I don't have 20 programs in the background when I play a game, who knows?) or stutter or anything that could make me come here and start to talk garbage about the game and cope as much as you do. Generally, when a PC port is bad, everyone can reproduce the same problems, more or less, in your case, seems like it's your problem. Try older drivers or something before blaming the port this much.

The only ill behavior in here its yours, you almost seem like a PlayStation troll that decided to spread misinformation about the PC port, which is brilliant and you can't get over it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    bOse likes this.
  13. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    You have a 3090 but couldn't manage to get an SSD to play this game, as devs recommended? Do other games stutter the same way? Do you have an SSD so you can try the game in it? Don't use in-game limiters, use RivaTuner or simply enable v-sync, set your monitor to 60 or 75 hz and try the game that way.

14. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    This game uses dx11 API, there isn't any "compiling" or "extra stuttering", check your computer for issues.

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I actually do find it a bit oversharpened, I wish that there were controls for that. It's not on the disgusting level that RDR2 is, but it's still a bit too much.
    There is stutter when you change areas, it's very momentary, but it's there. It even exists on the PS4 version, Alex also mentions it in the Digital Foundry video. It's not shader compilation, it's area loading.

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Odd, I don't see any stutter in this game at all. It's incredibly Smooth at 3840x2160 with everything maxed out on my system. There may be a minute stutter when transitioning from one area to the other, but it isn't very profound.

Smough and bOse like this.
  17. SmokingPistol

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yes, you are correct, it is area loading (I've sobered-up now, Edit: I think ;)) I've also been analyzing AE and I find it interesting.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    completely useless information, give nvidia the dump file and tell them your full hardware specs right down to the cables used

19. Jobert

Jobert Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    yes it most certainly is and the devs are aware of it.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    This driver works on my desktop GTX1070, however, all the 500 series drivers are broken on my son's optimus GTX1060 laptop. During install the screen goes black and never comes back on. Reboot will end-up in endless loading, never gets to windows. Need to boot into diagnostic mode and safe-boot, then, DDU the Nvidia driver, reboot and then install any driver under 500 to fix.