NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Blackfyre likes this.
  2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I was wrong, this is actually already the case. 100% smoothness doesn't over-sharpen textures anymore. DLDSR seems to be a really good scaler!

@ManuelG Though currently, any driver sharpen (the old one when activating integer scaling and also the new one) is ignored when using DLDSR. Would it be possible to implement this? Pretty sure that DLDSR with 100% smoothness would look really great (both natural and sharp) with a little, tiny bit of edge sharpen AFTER scaling (not before, which is the case when using in-game sharpeners or using ReShade).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    why do you need them? the driver installs them.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Adaptive does the same thing as Normal on ampere.

Tune system memory to more stable configuration

Archvile82 and Scip like this.

5. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G

6. painkiller1991

painkiller1991 Guest

GPU:
    RX 550
    Because I don't have cards that match them. I want to replace in old drivers.

7. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Maybe the lack of 3GB more with this new driver i guess

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    then you have no need to have them.

9. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Did you got errors while installing the driver? if not the driver must install the dll's....:)

10. Gamercito

Gamercito Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Maybe that is the problem, but I saw on the forum a lot of people with similar problems and they have better graphics cards

11. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    My apologies for the belated reply but you got me thinking and I'll be damned it is this new Samsung 28inch 4kG7 monitor I just got the other day? Connected by display-port with VRR enabled it forces off image scaling-super resolution is gone-integer scaling option gone. I have anjother monitor LG 27GL850 and did clean driver ddu with it under display-port and works fine with VRR enabled NIS is there etc no problems? Also this Samsung G7 when I do a clean driver install it will not work booting back up with DP I have to switch to hdmi and then back after driver install but had no such issues with the LG monitor? I am at wits end and Astanyx sorry for jumping the gun a bit but the other weird thing is Samsung monitor worked fine when first brought home from Best Buy and plugged it in (was using 4k TV as a monitor since I built the thing) no issues 99 percent sure g sync worked scaling etc was there but when I did clean install to 511.23 that is when something happened? Thanks guys anyways for guidance but I am stumped!

12. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    You should check if there is a firmware update for your VGA card. I remember some VGA cards receiving DP 1.4 related fixes through firmware updates in the last few years.

Passus likes this.
  13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti

Scip likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It doesn't, its a limitation of inspector that it doesn't query the device support before showing the potential variables,

when ampere released nvidia hadn't updated the nvcp yet but both the optimal adaptive options were already doing exactly the same thing as Normal.

Scip likes this.
  15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Your right, I was to focused on the issue that sounded like default did it, he must have been forcing performance to make it keep the clock up, don't get though how that should make performance worse though, must have been some other tweak in play too.

16. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    There is a compatibility issue between this driver and Forza Horizon 5:

"Our team is investigating an issue that causes Forza Horizon 5 on PC to crash when applying a livery or vinyl onto a car. We've identified that this is caused by Nvidia graphics driver version 511.23. If you've already updated your drivers and have encountered this crash, please disable the ray tracing graphics option in the game or revert your graphics drivers to a previous release until a fix is available."

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...ndlastpost_Crash-with-Livery.aspx#post1241354

fluidz likes this.
  17. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    FH5 has had such a rough launch that PG had to quickly do a PR by *basically* saying: "this time, it is not our fault for these issues, seriously!" :rolleyes:

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Odd, I don't have a problem at all. The game has been running fine for me since early access, no crashes even with this driver. Except one glitch at a certain danger sign with a light blue metallic Shelby Cobra where a big blue square would appear underneath the car in the air (which also happened on Xbox Series X), the game has been smooth driving on both my PC and the Series X so far. I guess the crash bug with this driver must be limited to certain hardware configurations.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  19. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    It happened to me with the Jesko (color change) and some other cars, but not with all.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you share an example/screenshot? In which game/app?