NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    in my experience use max peformance in global only run in full clocks when idle WHEN there rogue process NOT set to adaptive. which usual the searchui/Startmenuexperiencehost as for are windows process go, so long as those process are set to adaptive idle clock work just fine when using max performance in globe. it worked like since the first day win 7 started using gpu to run programs along with win 10, less something changed since 466.11.

Has something change recently to make max performance in global no longer let the gpu go to idle clocks? but Pretty sure it just rogue process that need to be set to adaptive, which why i have inspector profiles save and restored ever time i update drivers. IF i dont restore them then max performance in global results in 3d clocks always used.

People been saying use Max performance in global result 3d clock even when idle for decades now. Which false it only true if one dont find those rogue processes that hitting the gpu and setting profile for them.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its probably more rogue processes like you say.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will find out at some point when install new drivers.... I have them sitting on system I just have not bother to install em, did back up my profiles with nvidia inspector which like said first thing i do restore them after i install new drivers, special on the said rogue process i found over the years, and most been windows process,

4. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Can we file this as a bug report with @ManuelG?

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try to reset NVCP 3D settings + Clean Cache (DX12 and other).

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Note about new driver:

Faster than last one, FH5 Bench was 93FPS now is 97FPS and less stuttering*.
    BF2042 is working great with this one, also like the previous --- Flat Line at 69FPS in AB.
    Rest of my games works OK as well.
    DLDSR is OK, using it sometimes with old games.

*in bench summary, in game is smooth as butter.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    PrMinisterGR, Xtreme512 and endbase like this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Driver is working great.

8. painkiller1991

painkiller1991 Guest

GPU:
    RX 550
    I need these 2 files (nvgames.dll, nvgamesr.dll) could someone put them in a server?

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Desktop idle clock does not affect game performance unless you run them in some odd unsupported way.
    Your 3080 should also show 210MHz on desktop when it is completely idle with the power management set to "normal", something else is wrong if it doesn't.
    Adaptive on a 3080? Guess you mean on a system with an older card, 30xx has normal and performance only.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Check the output settings. The driver seem to drop down to 8bps at some points despite 10bps being forced in NVCP. Resetting it solves it but I dunno how or when it gets down to 8. After a reboot or some game launch maybe?

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    My screen went black for 1 second in desktop using these drivers. Suprim X 3080Ti + Dell S2721DFGA(DP) and Windows 11. Dunno if it's the drivers or something else.

12. Scip

Scip New Member

GPU:
    3080 Asus TufGaming
    im using nvidia inspector and there i can change it to adaptive.
    thx 4 answer so i let it stay on "normal" ( optimal performance )

13. Catcher40

Catcher40 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Is anyone having problems with msi afterburner with these new drivers, since I installed them afterburner no longer shows my fps or memory core and usage, it just displays zero for the stats?
    I've tried using completely installing with DDU, rebooting, and reinstalling them back but I'm still getting the same result.

14. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Nope all good here

[​IMG]

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Now after a restart, madVR once again switches to 10 bit in fullscreen. Will try your tip next time it won't work.

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Why don't you have them?

17. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I'm sitting at 472.47, but curiosity got the best of me, and i tried this driver.

Old issues:
    I've had similar issues as introduced with 496, 497, and 509 such as black polygons on 2d desktop and large black/blank screens between 3d apps and desktop. Manifest issues occur when MS store and appx are not part of the enterprise load or server load. issues are all solved by reverting to standard 472 series or below.

New Issues:
    -Peculiar behaviors: On HDMI 2.1, every other boot the 2d desktop is stretched out several monitor lengths and the login screen is really only showing the upper left corner of the whole 2D desktop. issues are all solved by reverting to standard 472 series or below.

-On several titles I get a washed out bright screen ( Succubus, Necromunda) suddenly during game play.

-HDR "hangs" into 2d desktop where before it would revert back to normal. Now it doesn't revert back

-4-5 boot intervals, the desktop font in 2d is all corrupted and the cpl report "12bit" color is what its set at ( I had set it to 10 bit, full, rgb). Where did "12 bit" even come from?

issues are all solved by reverting to standard 472 series or below.

I did not test performance, was running into too many more important issues. Reverted back to 472.47 standard.

The issues I'm reporting are reproducible across multiple machines that have in common a lack of MS Store and no APPX, 4k FALD 10 bit monitors, display port 1.4 and or HDMI 2.1. All reported issues are resolved by reverting to standard driver 472 or below.

This ths been the exercise for every driver after 472 without any solutions to the reported issues.

18. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I have occasional black screens in Firefox (TUF 3080, 12700K, Win11). Is this a known issue?

19. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Had to turn off hardware acceleration in Google settings because I was getting greenscreens when playing YouTube videos. No issues before installing 511.23. Running Z690 / 3090...

20. Gamercito

Gamercito Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    In my case I have problems with the drivers 497.09 in Hitman 3 you know micro-shuttering, this is solved when i install 496.13 or 496.98 Hotfix Driver, I think the problems start in 497.09 and well the last drivers 511.23 is the worst, my 1060 3gb suffers shutteing , fps drops etc