NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. kProphetk

kProphetk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT MECH 2X
    Idk wtf is up with these drivers, but since I installed them and my system crashed,crashed and crashed. I finally used older drivers and now I can't play anything without my signal being lost. It's like my card is now garbage and I can't run any game at all for more than a few mins.

I can watch any movie app, YouTube and stream online from streaming websites and I won't loose signal, but as soon as I load up, even the oldest game I play from time to time (9Dragons), my system either crashes or my signal goes out.

I tested my HDMI cable with my laptop and it's been going for several hours hooked to my TV and no signal lost. I've tried other HDMI cables and same thing, system either crashes or I loose signal.

If my card is now messed up, I can't afford a new card of any kind. I'm on a fixed income and every penny counts. I saved for 2 years to just get the ok system I have now and now my card may have taken a dump.

Idk what's going on and I don't have another card to test with to make sure it is my card or PC to put this card in to test.

My laptop is not good enough to run destiny 2, it's more or less, just for me me to stream with.

Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2060. v1

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Interesting stuff and this is with the improved sharpener that came with NIS I assume? Weird part is that as I showed astanyx my reg entry was for NIS enabled and it was not? hmm thanks for the testing though! Also with old sharpening controls back I do not have old scaling controls? Used to be a checkbox for scaling underneath and that's gone I know that only applies to RTX cards with the new scaling chip but thought that should be noted.

3. Jobert

Jobert Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and a couple other games refuse to stay pegged at 60 fps vsynced with random 1-4 fps drops for seemingly no reason. These games did not do this on the previous driver.

4. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    I haven't run into any issues yet...everything is working fine...but i felt like my contrast ratio (which i never even adjusted before), felt a bit darker...
    I thought it was just the one game i was in and re-adjusted ingame settings brightness...but later another game i went into also felt a bit darker.

5. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    This driver still has restart on open lid issue on Legion 7. Only driver that doesn't have this issue is 496.13. How long does it take NVIDIA to fix this

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try to reset 3D settings in NVCP, then set up again :)

7. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Same here. It feels like contrast has been lowered down...saw it in a War Thunder as soon as I have tested it o_O

8. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    I once more can confirm that setting the 1.78x DL DSR results in a unresponsive black screen in every single game, including desktop. This behavior is not present with the 2.25x DL. NVIDIA, we think some sorting out is in order...

BoomSlang001 and MajorMagee like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    As a workaround, try to set Custom resolution (x1.78) Via CRU then restart & try again.
    don't tick Disable Full Screen Optimisations for .exe (or tick ;))

10. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I got another severe - and highly unusual for my stable system - bluescreen yesterday again during a BF2042 session.

Strange error too - UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION
    Previous error I never heard of either - said - QUOTA UNDERFLOW

11. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Ran into this video...unsure what to make of it.
    511.23 flagged as GOW driver...yet runs quiet a decent % behind older drivers

12. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    For me in Battlefield 2042

511.09 - 105-110fps as an average
    511.23 - 80-85fps as an average

DL DSR not enabled

13. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    EnableGR535=0 results in the 496.61 and older sharpener and scaler not the new NIS sharpener and scaler.

The registry screenshot you took ( thank you ) shows EnableGR535=1 for new NIS but led to the testing. However there is a Nvidia Control Panel scaling setting that reverts to the old sharpening on some GPUs.

This is a longshot and may not be related / can't test as I don't own a GPU that supports Integer Scaling. On the system with the scaling box missing, is Integer Scaling under Nvidia Panel > Display > Adjust Desktop Size and Position showing as enabled?

Is there a thirdparty tool forcing driver Integer Scaling? Change to one of the other scaling modes.

magic09 likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'm not sure how you've managed what you have on your machine, theres something in a not quite correct state where the driver install is concerned, it doesn't depend on the presence of GFE, but may on nv container components (but i believe the base driver installs the ones it requires anyway)

you should find a scene to save/load consistently and frame compare with a differencing tool, often when a old driver shows framerate improvements in a just released title vs a new driver there is something being skipped and shows up missing in differenced images.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GPU usage is lower with the newer driver, that's why.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You think that Nvidia can't afford to buy the games which you play?

17. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Was asking because Nvidia throw's around a lot of reference to "AI" these days and I don't quite understand where the AI comes into play with DLDSR...

18. balthier

balthier Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 RTX
    My GPU usage gets lower too and the clocks drop too thats in heavy situations.I need to enable max performance in driver.

19. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    These comparison videos on YouTube rarely offer an actual insight into a driver's performance. Benchmark figures can vary wildly from channel to channel, some of them are all over the place, and some of the creators may have problems with their system that they're unaware of. Not to mention some don't even include 0.1% or 1% lows.

I usually wait for RodroG's comprehensive benchmarks, it literally doesn't get any more detailed.

20. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Dsr, Dldsr, Fsr, nvidia reflex, geforce experience..etc, all bullshit :D:)