NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It's very simple: If there is DWM vsync active, you need to enable Gsync borderless. If there is tearing without vsync & VRR, Gsync just for fullscreen should work. This is the case in God of War.

dr_rus likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only applications in the traditional fullscreen get optimized, those with an optional windowed borderless mode are not benefitting from FSO.

3. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Well, something interesting happened installing these drivers today? Did my usual DDU-NVcleaninstall drivers only and low and behold NIS had disappeared from control panel and it was the old sharpening menu? 497 and 509 studio both installed same exact way and both had the new NIS sharpening menu? Tested installing regular driver package(fully bloated) on my Area51M laptop and NIS was there so I don't get it? Does NIS require geforce experience or some different dependency now? Perhaps many of you guys who want to go back should do as I did to get the old sharpening control back with no performance loss? Hopefully this is the newer sharpen+ sharpener as well will try to figure that out.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    windows started the download for an older driver and installed it in the background, you don't have 511.23's driver files installed.

magic09 likes this.

5. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    I don't believe so Astanyx-I am always careful to cut internet until drivers are fully installed. I am checking now....Driver Store Explorer shows 511.23 as only display driver in system? Nvidia control panel sys info says 511.23 as well. Every way I know how to check says 511.23 installed. Only other thing I did differently this driver install was toggle that variable refresh rate toggle on under windows graphics settings when I would just use gsync settings before? Sure that has nothing to do with it but only other variable from 509 install a week ago.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  6. X_Phenotype

X_Phenotype Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 8GB
    God Of War, World of Warcraft, League and all the other games I have installed run fine, but Call of Duty crashes every single time now -_-

7. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    cleanSharpener.png For those wanting old sharpening control back this is how I do it with Nvcleaninstall. oldsharpening.png Here is proof of what happened and it is this driver installed.

AQUILES likes this.
  8. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I mean games that don't have an exclusive fullscreen mode at all (because only those with ex.fs. can become "optimized" as I understand). Those are the reason I keep G-Sync settings at fullscreen+windowed, because I assume games without an exclusive fullscreen mode won't run in G-Sync mode. But the driver has hidden profiles for things like MPC-HC (and such) with G-Sync disabled, so I didn't experience any disadvantages from enabling G-Sync for windowed apps (the problematic applications I use have a hidden profile with G-Sync disabled).
    BTW, G-Sync never worked for me in Life is Strange: True Colors, despite G-Sync being set to fullscreen+windowed. And it was problematic in some old games like Pillars of Eternity (stuttering into movie, etc.). So I mostly narrowed the problematic area down to the Unity engine (which had V-Sync issues in ex.cl. FS mode in the past in old games like Dreamfall: Chapters).

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're missing EnableGR535 from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\FTS, you might have the NVCPL control for sharpening but the driver code shouldn't be able to make any use of it

magic09 likes this.
  10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Cut the network, use DDU, install the driver you wanr, re-enable the network.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    my bad, thought it was more "spread" lol, forgot it's that old gpu.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the same increase to cpu and gpu load is present regardless if you turn on sharpening via the older nvcpl UI or the NIS version.

13. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Hey Astanyx just checked and here is screenshot of my reg-to me looks like its there? registhere.png

14. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Not sure what you mean I always do exactly that? My point is I somehow stumbled upon recovering the old sharpening controls(which isn't a bad thing) if it works and is updated sharpener ha. Tested on games and Sharpening is 100 percent working now to see if that performance hit is still there requires more testing.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you should see NIS with that set to 1,
    check system32\nvcpl.dll to see if its 511.23

i can't replicate what you're seeing, o_O

magic09 likes this.

16. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    dllconfirmed.png DLL confirmed now I am trying to figure out how to test for that performance loss and whether it is old or new sharpener. Thanks for help astanyx

SatsuiNoHado likes this.
  17. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    @Astyanax @magic09

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/s3sas9/game_ready_driver_51123_faqdiscussion/hsza1ah/

Original 'Scaling and Sharpening' with *EnableGR535"=dword:00000000*

Benchmark results follow:

511.23 scaling and sharpening by driver (EnableGR535=0)
    86,86,86 FPS Native Resolution, No Scaling, No Sharpen
    85,86,86 FPS Native Resolution, Scaling, No Sharpen
    101,100,101 FPS Scaled Resolution 85%, No Sharpen
    100,100,100 FPS Scaled Resolution 85%, 50% Sharpen
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\FTS]
    "EnableGR535"=dword:00000000
    EnableGR535=0 results in old control panel 'Scaling / Sharpening', no loss of framerate with native resolution and scaling enabled.​

511.23 scaling and sharpening by driver (New Scaling / NIS, default EnableGR535=1)
    86,85,86 FPS Native Resolution, No Scaling, No Sharpen
    82,82,81 FPS Native Resolution, Scaling, No Sharpen
    91,91,91 FPS Scaled Resolution 85%, No Sharpen
    90,90,91 FPS Scaled Resolution 85%, 50% Sharpen
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\FTS]
    "EnableGR535"=dword:00000001
    Default EnableGR535=1 results in loss of framerate with native resolution and scaling enabled. Poor scaled performance when compared to old scaling / old sharpening performance.​

Nice workaround for Pascal and Maxwell owners so the old scaling and sharpening can be used in driver sets 496.76 and above.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  18. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    i hereby confirm this thing works as before without any loss of performance... :D gonna test more games now :p
    edit : i hope there will be NO Naughty movements for later drivers...ok ? o_O

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    loracle likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No guarantee that this FTS key will work forever, i'd prefer it if nvidia weren't running native res through the scaler.

XantaX and Mapson like this.
  20. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    You should post this in the driver thread on Nvidia forum https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...rce-51123-grd-feedback-thread-released-11422/

Mapson likes this.