NVIDIA DEV CUDA DRIVER 511.23 / DLDSR INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Jan 13, 2022.

1. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I just ran tests and it is the same(the performance drops as with normal DSR). My guess is they cherry picked a scene. There is no way to run a game at say 5k and have "2 times more peformance" against normal DSR. The only way they can achieve it is if that image is not native 5k, but being upscaled with DLSS and then downscaled back to your monitor's resolution. However that would be stupid of them because it would then prove that DLSS can run at the driver level with literally any game that has resolution settings lol.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It doesn't offer more performance at the same render resolution. It offers improved IQ via AI. DLDSR 1620P has identical IQ with DSR 4K and that's why you have better performance. DSR 1620P should perform exactly the same.

3. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Not the case at all for me, new DLDSR 2.25X has visibly worse IQ (more visible aliasing) than old DSR 4X.

DLDSR 2.25X and DSR 2.25 are equal in tems of performance and IQ, so the option is obviously not working as advertised for me in this driver.

4. FSRoosta

FSRoosta Guest

GPU:
    3800 FE
    The promotional screenshot used Prey, which is framecapped at 144hz. So to answer your question, yes they fiddled it to mislead you.

5. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    I just tested DLDSR 2.25x in desktop (I haven't done before), and finally saw a difference in IQ: the image is sharpen and more contrasted, contrary to DSR 2.25x which is softer.

It's weird because I didn't notice that ingame, maybe the one I chose (Elder Scrolls Online) is not the best to showcase DLDSR benefits.

6. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    I'm getting lower frame rates in Horizon Zero Dawn, sudden frame rate drops and stutters in Battlefield 2042 ( Even with the odd texture corruption in one particular map ) .

I then tried DLDSR and didn't work for me anyway even with my RTX 2070, so I turned it off.

So I've gone back to the CES Studio Driver 511.09 which works perfectly.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Just wait for real deal :p

8. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Hey I'm a sucker for trying what's "new" :D:D:D

OnnA likes this.
  9. andawra

andawra Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 512
    Yea I misread that at first too. What it actually says that 2.25x will have the visual quality of 4x DSR at the performance impact of just 2.25x

But that performance impact you will get, all the same.

So mostly a feature for older games and emulators.

Tried it on Yuzu and it really helps with the shimmer in something like Super Mario Odyssey

10. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    DSR 4k is still the best choice for me.
    DL flimering way to much but the performance is better

11. andawra

andawra Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 512
    Try pulling the DSR Smoothness option all the way down

Since DLDSR doesn't lose a lot of image sharpness compared to DSR it might inadvertently cause more shimmering and artifacts with DSR Smoothness at default.

12. Norhtman_Ast

Norhtman_Ast Guest

GPU:
    Why using DSR or DLDSR instead of Custom Resolutions via Control Panel ("driver-level supersampling")?

Only DSR option that works for me is 4k, the rest have scaling broken and the image looks pixelated, it has nothing to do with the blurryness modifier btw.

Instead I use custom resolutions, I have like 10 between 1080p and 4k, so i can tweak performance finer, and every resolution has perfect scaling, because they are all perfect 16.9 resolutions, from here, (in green) https://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-of-true-169-resolutions/

Also set scaling to "GPU", "Fullscreen" and "Override games and apps settings" in NVCP aspec ratio settings and you good to go. Then in each game you can just select the desired res. Some games depending on the engine requires to alt tab once to enable 60 fps instead of 30fps, something to do with good old triple buffering or the lack of it since Windows 10 own vsync. Whatever, just alt-tab once.

The only appeal DSR/DL if done good it would be not having to config custom res everytime I update graphic drivers using DDU. But it looks like they did it wrong again.

I want the new Freestyle filters more than anything.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  13. andawra

andawra Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 512
    So this was the real deal after all. Haha.

14. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    By Standard do you mean non-DCH (Standard) driver or is it still DCH-only?

15. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti FE 12GB
    These and the 511.23 Game Ready Drivers that came out today are DCH. I mean standard as in akin to a regular Game Ready driver release.

enthusiast29 likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DCH are regular game ready releases.

17. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti FE 12GB
    Yes. I didn't mean 'standard' in NVIDIA's terminology. I know DCH has been the only driver format for Game Ready drivers since 496.xx.

18. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti FE 12GB
    Anyway, the difference between the CUDA and Game Ready drivers is a WHQL certification. These are about 9 hours older.
    upload_2022-1-14_13-1-32.png upload_2022-1-14_13-2-37.png
    upload_2022-1-14_13-3-18.png upload_2022-1-14_13-3-24.png

enthusiast29 likes this.
  19. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Are some of you blind? Like for like, DLDSR is a MONUMENTAL IQ improvement vs regular DSR and especially regular custom resolution upscaling. In some games, turn up AA actually makes it look worse, because you cant improve upon the end result with DLDSR.

Those that say this hurts performance dont understand. 2.25x DSR vs 2.25x DLDSR is FAR better looking and dramatically faster. On a high refresh 1080p monitor at least.

dr_rus likes this.
  20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's a bit hard to do such comparison since you can't just switch between old and new 2.25x modes inside a game - you have to quit, change CP settings and start the game again.
    But generally 2.25x DL can be compared to 4x "old" and the results are as expected - the quality is similar. Which is quite an improvement.