Kena Bridge of Spirits

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Go to this folder and open engine.ini

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Kena\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

If you look at some pages behind, there are more tweaks for this game.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    In engine.ini
    I put them under [core.system] ?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, I use HGIG on my LG B9 OLED TV with my PS5 and Kena: BoS looked really dull and dark until I switched to Dynamic Tone Mapping On then the image popped to life in terms of vibrancy and colours. It might not be technically correct but it looks absolutely glorious. Although the PS5 says it is HDR though, I understand that it's just SDR mapped to an HDR container. A real shame because this game is absolutely crying out for proper HDR support.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    add this

[SystemSettings]

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Exactly.

noGuruATall likes this.
  6. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    There is value to set refresh rate?

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Puh, finally finished the game. The last boss was a drag and due to uneven boss difficulty, some technical aspects, some QoL features missing I'd give the game a strong 3 out of 5. Many other things with this game are very positive and I did enjoy the experience.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Well, visually I wasn't as blown away as some. This is the problem with having played Ratchet and Clank on PS5. Nothing can compare. The gameplay and story are pretty generic. For once I agree with PCGamer and the 65/100 they gave it. It's nothing special. I think if there wasn't such a drought in gaming right now thanks to the pandemic this would have been an afterthought for many. But since it's slim pickings out there...you take what you can get.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    This game has no GF Experience support? Screenshot button is not working.

10. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    The game works well in general but the framerate falls in the snowy area, surely the drivers are the culprits as always, nvidia does not bother to review these games.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Comparing an exculsive game to a single console platform, that had millions of dollars in development and marketing, and a developer studio with over 400+ people working for it.............

To a game that had a small team of 15 people, developed on a free engine, and developed for multiple console platforms and PC...............

This is why people like me are blown away by the game and what the team has achieved. Now with the right backing, funding, and a larger team what else could they achieve?

12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This game is lovely.

I'd actually like to see them rendered in real time. But yeah, 4k@60FPS would have been nice, too.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    TheDigitalJedi and eGGroLLiO like this.
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The cutscenes use higher settings, it's a shame that we can't use those settings in-game. The game looks great but those micro-stutters are really annoying.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I take back what I said about the visuals. They're great. Game is a little safe...kind of a Zelda ripoff. But it's fun. I put a good amount of time into the last week. I had the PS5 version and it looked really dull to me. Thus my comments previously. It's an indie company and I wanted to try the PC version so I double purchased. Glad I did. The PC version is quite a bit better in terms of visuals compared to PS5. I know PC will always have an edge, but there's a big difference here. The animations, the characters, the textures and of course, true 4k. Anyway. Fun game. I hope this developer can keep doing what it's doing. Promising first game.

15. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I just played the game again. I tell ya Gurus I'm always learning. When I was testing this game previously, the stutter issues were present. In some areas it looked like a drop in framerate. I said to myself well, since this game looks like a Disney or Pixar film it's probably pushing my hardware. Come to find out it was the Syncs. I didn't catch this previously due to my other games playing fine.

Now I'm truly immersed with this title due to the ultra smooth gameplay and being able to max out the visuals. I'm going to take a break from my other titles and complete this game. It is indeed very attractive and relaxing.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Serotonin likes this.

16. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I just finished the game. Very cool visuals with a nice story. I like Taro's the best. The game through me for a loop and to be honest a tad sad lol. I won't spoil though.

Well done.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What ''Syncs'' ? The game has stutter issues like almost every other game using Unreal Engine.

18. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    No one can fix the stutters in unreal engine.
    I tried this game out and the stutters are real and distracting especially in DX12 where the lows are hitting 10Fps @4K.
    Turned down settings and played 1440p and still bad stutters.
    I admit I am only running RTX 3080 and 12900K at 5400Mhz all core,so my computer is not the best.Kidding aside unreal engine has always been bad for stuttering on any system that I have used.

I am always open to suggestions on fixing the stuttering on this game so if aNYone wants to chime in with specific settings,I will try them out.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I found the game much smoother on the ps5 performance mode, yea its dynamic res and locked 60fps yada yada yada. But it had zero stutters.
    Even the bits I played on quality mode for screenshots, had no stutters but the 30fps was bleh.

I agree with DF, the more you push the game on pc the more unstable it gets.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No setting can fix it. Only devs can and they won't. Even games with much bigger budget suffer from it, like Fallen Order.