Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Dec 3, 2021.

1. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    The game is working fine for me with a 6700XT. I also played it with a 5700XT and it was fine. Also If it works fine with rDNA cards it doesn't mean that it's working fine with Vega or polaris cards. This has nothing to do with Nvidia...AMD should fix this bug.

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    https://www.rp.pl/media/art19138331-kicinski-cd-projekt-chce-przejmowac-ale-sam-nie-jest-na-sprzedaz

The highlighted portion is the most important part of his statement making any complaints of a "driver problem" null and void. I suggest that if you have problems you go to their forums and ask when will patch 1.50 be released within the 1st half of 2022. Because if they are also releasing for console I seriously doubt it will be ready by then. :)

I'm not sure why this abomination is even important. Trying to play that game without issue is like trying to shine a turd.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its an amd driver problem.

of which there are many (graphical) issues presently in the vega and rdna support code.

4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Cyberpunk 2077 is not sponsored by nvidia. The last time I checked, DirectX RayTracing is not proprietary, but is a part of DirectX12 SDK since it was introduced. Just like others have mentioned, it features AMD FidelityFX CAS. They use some of nvidia's game libraries like a lot of other games do, for example AMD sponsored Deus Ex Mankind Divided uses nvidia's APEX libraries, that's why they have the logo up there.

If the game runs perfectly well when you're running 21.11.x drivers or older relevant drivers on Polaris and VEGA cards, but has graphical issues when you install the 21.12.1 drivers on the same architectures, whose problem is it? The game's, or the driver's? I think people who are wise and experienced enough should be able to answer.

If you still haven't figured it out, the problem goes away when you revert to the older 21.11.x drivers. I can't take your statements seriously now, can I? A game having in-game bugs is not tied to having graphical issues due to driver changes.

This is probably the most hilarious and at the same time probably the saddest statement I have read on this forum. It's far worse than the time when some people came to AMD's defense when they said something to the effect of they will not fix issues with DirectX9 games, with saying things like if you're still playing DirectX9 games, you don't deserve support. People still play GTA V, Dota2, Counter Strike Global Offensive, and a lot of games that are OLD. I don't know what the age of a game has to do with providing proper driver support. Thankfully, AMD backpedaled from that statement and went on to promise fixes for DX9 games, that they semi delivered.

Think of this from a gamer's perspective, as someone who's paying for the hardware, why should I care about whom is sponsoring the game? You're entitled to having working, playable, stable and enjoyable performance for that title, regardless of who your hardware vendor is, be it nvidia or AMD. If it's a title where AMD cards don't do so well because of sponsorship, if you're using something like, I don't know, the RX 5700, you expect the performance to be somewhere near it's competition, and for better or worse, the difference should be a few percentages in favor or against. It's AMD's job to make sure that their hardware perform as they should, and work with the game devs, not the consumer base.

Buying games based on sponsorship doesn't make sense either. There are AMD sponsored games that runs like crap on their own hardware. Take Far Cry 4, 5. It runs like crap on their own processors. Take the CryEngine based games like Prey, Crysis 3 where AMD's losing to competing nvidia cards by a country mile. Alien Isolation is a good example of this too, a game sponsored by AMD and AMD GPU performance is lagging behind its competition. The only thing that saves them from receiving backlash for those titles is probably because the framerate, despite being lower from their competition is very playable.

I believe that your response is sarcastic, but let's say it wasn't. The last time CDPR patched the game was back in 14th of September. Nothing has come out since then, that could possibly impact the game's visuals. The game runs fine on all relevant drivers released by AMD except for the 21.12.1, so.. how does that theory work?

Oh look, I spoke too fast:

You're actually shooting yourself by quoting that article. If the game works just fine on older AMD drivers for Polaris/VEGA cards, but not on 21.12.1, and they haven't released a patch since September 14th, how is this the game's fault again? The only variable that's being changed is the device driver. Is your defense for AMD having driver issues in a game going to be, "Hey, that game is crap (because I don't like that game because I think it's sponsored by nvidia or the game doesn't match whatever head-canon I have therefore it's a turd) don't play that?" Or the game's too old now?

Take a deep breath, then think this logically. Game runs fine on Polaris/VEGA until AMD's 21.12.1 came out. How is this now the game's fault?

Dude, AMD's not gonna pay you for shilling for them. Your responses are just hilariously sad, and your flawed logic so far has proven pretty much everything I have said about DEFENDERS OF AMD'S HONOR thus far. Whenever a problems reported, a handful of members are like:
    • Hey, I don't have this issue, so it's your fault. (Hardware 101: different architecture, software combinations can lead to varying results, but I think it's more convenient to ignore that these days.)
    • Hey, you're not using a top of the line AMD card. You're poor. You don't deserve support.
    • Hey, I have this issue but it probably is not the drivers fault, (even though the only variable that changed between working game is the driver) it must be the game's fault. Wait for the devs to fix it.
    • Hey, the game you're playing is too old. (Game released last year.)
    • Hey, why would you want to run 4:3 aspect on a 16:9 monitor, or vice versa? Don't do that. It's your fault for expecting something like that to work.
    • Hey, you're playing the game wrong.
    • Hey, you're playing a crap game.
    • Hey, I have this monitor/TV/custom resolution, it worked fine on an nvidia/intel GPU, doesn't work when I bought an AMD card. Solution: Go buy nvidia, what are you complaining here for, greenhorn!
    • There is no downclocking issue. It happens when you've a second monitor is connected. (Despite older drivers behaving in the exact opposite manner or worse: you not using a second monitor)
    • Just flash a custom BIOS that gets rid of the UVD clock to get rid of downclocking issues. (That's totally how cards are supposed to work, right?)
    • Hey, you're just trolling, and there're no such issues. 10/10 perfect AMD drivers. (Defenders of AMD's honor X, Y and Z likes this)
    (If you are a long time reader of this section and its threads, you can actually line up those quotes with certain members and their responses)

Fanboys being dismissive of driver issues doesn't help the actual consumers of AMD hardware, but it gives them all the more reason to jump on to the opposite camp, because they come across issues that do not get fixed quickly enough, if at all, and nobody wants to be ridiculed or called names for having legitimate issues with a product and trying to share their experience about it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    illusiveman likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Would be neat if it did, RT runs real bad.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  6. quint999

quint999 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 5870 1GB
    Anyone have issues with 4k HDR x265 content ? I play movies to a LG C9 Oled in extended screen mode.

Crashes Kodi on mine immediately when I start a file with HDR content ( non HDR is fine ) , have tried the latest Kodi (19.3) and a specially built "HDR editon of 19.3" , both same.

Went back to 20.10.2 and its fine again, can watch HDR content without issue. Googled it and cant find anyone else with the same problem.

Win10 / Ryzen 5800x / 6800XT.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I would go into Radeon and make sure under Video Settings, you select Custom. Any of the other choices will force SDR Mode when playing HDR content. Otherwise, I use MPC-BE + MadVR on 21.12.1 just fine.

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    This is all I need to know your statement is a flat out lie. And everything thereafter, is nothing more then but hurt conjecture. :p
    CB2077 is a nvidia sponsored titled. And to state otherwise is a complete falsehood/lie. Having said this; the game is in abysmal shape. And patches are needed to address problems with the game which was delayed until somewhere in 2022. This time, they want to try to reintroduce consoles. LOL

I hope patch 1.50 saves the game. But I seriously doubt it. More then likely they focused on the console version more so then the PC version in an attempt to collect revenue streams they lost when it was blacklisted on console. But that's my opinion that I digress with. :)

Anyway, trying to claim a driver problem with a busted, bug ridden game is the putting the carriage before the horse. Fix the game 1st. :D

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it aint sponsored, because sponsored implies money changed hands in CDP's direction.

there was some joint work but there was also joint work with amd.

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Trying to blame "the drivers" for a busted, broken, half finished, nv sponsored game that the devs took a break from for the remainder of 2021 is completely comical. And can't be taken serious. Again, fix the game 1st.
    :)

You sit there and tell a bold face lie. You have no credibility whatsoever. CB2077 is a nvidia sponsored title. It always has been a sponsored title. There was no secret to this. Everyone knew this well before the game launched.
    o_O

PrEzi and Agonist like this.

11. quint999

quint999 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 5870 1GB
    Didnt know that, will give it a go, its on default at the moment.

I have tried Mad VR before but on a system without enough ooomph and was just too stuttery, will try it again. Kodi kind of works out the box without any fiddling about ( well not quite for me in this case ! )

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    And that post tells me that you're not only an AMD fanboy, but also very immature. If anyone's lying in here, it's you.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Therefore, when it comes to games that are heavily sponsored by the competition and is in a broken playable state the issue is more pronounced that the game be fixed 1st. That means you have to figure out were the developers of the game stand on this. As posted already we clearly see where they stand. Albeit they are bit nebulous on what exactly they plan on fixing with update 1.50. What we do know they are pushing for an update to release the game back on console in working order. But the truth remains this is a sponsored game from the competition. Name calling won't change that. ;)

14. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    Yes.
    See if It is relatable to my issue, although since my TV is brand new I haven't backtracked older drivers to check if it works properly
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/radeon™-software-adrenalin-21-12-1-download-discussion.440786/page-3#post-5970530

I had the screenshot bug right after reinstalling Windows, can't get a cleaner install than that

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Cyberpunk 2077's bugs are not related to how its graphics gets rendered, but rather in-game content related. I don't think you even know or understand what you're talking about. It's actually a very good game for stressing hardware, specially for testing CPU/GPU overclock stability.

When Cyberpunk 2077 was in development, AMD didn't have a card that could do RayTracing. The implementation of RayTracing in game was done with the help of nvidia, simply because of that. This doesn't mean the game is sponsored by nvidia or anything like that. A technology partner and sponsorship are completely different things.

The game has AMD's FidelityFX CAS implementation in it too. This alone, makes it a neutral title, not a sponsored one. It could very well receive FSR integration in the future. By your logic, shouldn't that make it an AMD sponsored title?

Nvidia has a bunch of graphics libraries meant for the developers that are used by many games, even games that are sponsored by AMD. Take Apex Clothing phsyics library for example, which is actually a part of PhysX SDK that is used in Deus Ex Mankind Divided, a game that is sponsored by AMD. You could say without these libraries, both from nvidia and AMD, a lot of the games that you play simply wouldn't be possible.

You obviously have no clue about APIs, libraries or game development. I'd even go as far as to say terrible judgement about choosing games too, from what you've written thus far.

I am trying to be very, very reasonable with you.

Update 1.5 has nothing to do with this. The game works just fine if you revert to old 21.11.x driver version or earlier. The issue is with the current set of drivers, on RX 500 series of cards (Polaris) and VEGA, but not on RDNA based cards. You, sir, are terribly misinformed, childish, and you're proving each and every point I have made thus far.

The human eyes just can't look past things. Even though you say you didn't read my entire post, you obviously did. You've no logic in your arguments apart from your baseless sponsorship theory. Even if the game was sponsored, that'd still hold AMD responsible to fix driver bugs that occurred on a newer version.

Continue embarrassing yourself. And if this is your feeble attempt at trolling, you've failed even at that.

illusiveman likes this.

16. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    At least with this version, AMD fixed the issue (at least for me) that was introduced since 21.9.1 drivers where if I turn off the monitor, I hear the disconnect sound, then turn back on the monitor but no reconnect sound and the system would freeze and had to hard reset. Same thing happened if I tried to do a driver upgrade. During the installation the monitor would disconnect but not reconnect and system freeze. I don't have to worry anymore about pressing the monitor power button by mistake at night instead of the menu button next to it. :p

17. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya I have the memory clock stuck once and awhile, have to use the restart64 included with CRU to knock it back down, inconvenient. If its not fixed in the next driver I will go back to an older one to avoid the inconvenience.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    somemadcaaant likes this.
  19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Don't hold your breathe, RT is a killer in CP just go run the game at 1080p on your GPU and its still a bad story with it all maxed out. The reflections are the biggest killer but give the biggest IQ difference, shadows do virtually nothing, and RT lighting is a killer but not as bad as reflections. I can have medium RT lighting on at 1080p and get around the 70-90fps mark go higher and its under 60fps avg.

I did try to enable all the RT settings to max and then cap to 48fps but there is a weird bug in the AMD drivers with freesync and 48fps ends up capping to like 35fps and capping to 36fps ends up capping to 27fps. 72fps and 144fps works fine though. Strange one.

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I am seeing this odd behavior for a the last couple of releases now. If a graphical application doesn't exit properly, be it Adobe Premiere, or Final Fantasy VII Remake, my GPU is stuck at its performance clocks (1244 MHz on the core) and there is a light enough load to show it at a 100% GPU load reported by both GPU-Z and HWINFO64, the GPU power draw is slightly higher than idle.

If I restart the driver by disabling and than re-enabling the GPU in device manager, this goes away, but it's kinda annoying.