Gran Turismo 7

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The only other way is to spend thousands of hours making CGI footage and a story line to go with it like the Need for Speed series.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Would settle for them not make me run the same track over half dozen times or more just to get parts to make jellopy i have go little faster or running the same track dozen times ore more to get actual car that not jellopy. just to have to do over and over and over.

Atlest make credits win worth the frustration, which last i played GT was still thing but i have not play it since ps4 so GT5:prolgue. As for NFS eh, i have not liked them since underground and underground 2 and there kind old at this point

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    All racing games make you go the same tracks in reverse. It's more of a challenge because it's the opposite of how you remember it.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Exclusive design car for GT7, by Porsche.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That means no damage again then....

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not talking about "reverse" of tracks that i fine with i was not fine with run the same track/mission over and over and over till had enough to get 1 part to upgrade a car that barely helped me get better positions finish.

As for damage GT will never have damage i dont think the manufacturers of the car would like seeing there amazing in game models get mangled, it more likely to never happen cause to simulate the damage to PD standards would take way to much work, just my opinion to why it will never happen. I could swore the tried it once?

But if does happen just imagine the glory to it detail

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I hope they get rid of that AI bug, where the AI drive around the track on train tracks, and if you are next to them, they will just turn into you, if that is where the tracks are laid.

It's been 23 years, 11 months, 3 weeks, 6 days since the original...perhaps this has been enough time for them to fix this AI bug...:rolleyes:

Ninja edit:

If anyone is interested - I found this in my library from 1998:

GT_Edge_1998.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Comparison wise from 1998 there wasn't all that much to compete with the Grand Turismo series. Having said that there still isn't any racing game that even comes close to matching it. Driveclub being the exception. Let down by horrible track design.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Driveclub was a terrible game! You are right about GT - there isn't much to compare with a 'proper' GT game, which is why I gave "Gran Turismo Sport" a miss - it just wasn't the same without mods and garages.

I haven't played the game, but I think (based on other peoples reception) that Forza is a pretty decent "non-authentic" racing game. Just, not a playstation game, and that means we have to bow to the GT series to hold the crown, so, when the game is missing one of the most features...is it still the same game?

I love the ship-of-Theseus analogy, but I think here it is apt: IF you remove the key feature of a game, is it still the same game?

Another example might be HL:Alyx. Is it still a Half-Life game without Gordon Freeman, and with VR?

I have to say: "no", even though it has everything else that I would want from "a Half-Life Game".

I hope GT7 is everything I would want from a GT Game - so long as they remove/fix the AI train-track logic, I think I would forgive many things, including the terrible menu system from GT5 on the PS3...that was so bad.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I quite liked Driveclub. The sense of speed was impressive at 30FPS. The weather effects like thunderstorms were also awesome. It's just a shame the actual racing core part was rubbish.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    There are lots of small stuff that PD has to adress that exist since the beginning of the series: the stupid AI, the absence of car damage, invisible bouncy walls and so on...

I hope they gave the necessary attention to those "small" details and fix them.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not too mention the AI...which had my personal favourite of the AI cars just parking on corners for no reason and getting a 'traffic jam' on straights, too.

Those videos out there with the glitches and bugs for that game were legendary, and I think what made it worse is that Sony said there was going to be a free version of this game...and I honestly cannot remember whether that happened or not...?

I think about these sorts of things a lot. And I have to say it was a brilliant piece of marketing and, completely free of charge self-promotion by the company that made Driveclub; Evolution Studios. Lest we not forget the company became defunct no long after this debacle.

Even with this flat out misleading statement of intent from Evolution Studios, and all of the free advertising, which they also turned into a pre-ordering system, using sleight-of-hand - the game got the lowest score of ALL of their games.

Everyone knows I have a disdain against lying to consumers, but when it comes to the games industry; I got nothing but pure pity for those who flat-out lie to consumers.

They're pathetic.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I seem to remember a free version of the game appearing in some form or another. It's a sad tail to be sure, and not one to be forgotten. It's all well and good testing and driving the latest supercars, but forgetting what you are creating is something else.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The weather effect or what made made like driveclub it shame the reset of game rubbish as you put it. it felt more like game that was complete but released gutted to get people buy threw the shop.
    I do agree the sense of speed damn good for 30fps

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Ghosty and anxious_f0x like this.
  18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Looking forward to seeing more of the game in action. Not long to go now until it's released in February.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    WhiteLightning likes this.
  20. Oh boy... I can already see myself spending hundreds of hours in scapes trying to get the best shot of my newly purchased cars :)