Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    The difference between interior and exterior visuals really is quite insane, the open world really does look hideous at times, some of the lighting/materials really pull you out of the game.

Gameplay wise though I am enjoying it.

Reclusive781 and BlindBison like this.
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finished it. Great game, not so good story-wise but gameplay is really fun.

8/10

rflair and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  3. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Dolby Vision is not working on my TV...
    Only regular HDR....

PC version

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dolby Vision is broken in Halo Infinite, use HDR instead.

5. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    A fantastic shooter marred by dire performance outdoors, lately no pc game escapes from the stake.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Found this earlier :)
    1.jpg

KissSh0t, TheDigitalJedi and XenthorX like this.
  7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just explored a bit more and found a few more hidden things.

1.jpg

2.jpg

TheDigitalJedi and KissSh0t like this.
  8. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I will test this some more before Monday. I'm going to keep the min max at 120. The visuals are still phenomenal with no sign of degradation. The OLED definitely brings out Halo's attributes.

9. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    You probably need a pair of glasses as setting the minimum frame rate to 120fps leads to a drastic drop in resolution. This game on PC is a complete mess.

10. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Would love to have the first person legs show up for fov values beyond 78. There's no reason for them not to. Halo 4 showed them with any fov value.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I don't see this drastic drop in image quality that you're seeing. There is a loss but it's not earth shattering. I do play with max settings in the NCP and ingame. That could possibly counter some of the image loss you're stating. I've read tons of comments about the game being horrendous on PC and there is a large multitude of people stating it is unplayable. For me personally I am having a great time while not being a huge Halo fan. I'm now playing with scalers off and 4K native max settings and there is a nice drop in framerate especially while fighting outside. The resolution of course is higher with better details in image quality but is the difference monumental? Is it a game breaker? Not from where I'm sitting. I still push 60+ frames while fighting outside with scalers off. If there is a particular outside map that is giving PC's the business let me know. I will happily test and report the results with screen shots.

Many PC gamers will always play with Syncs off to achieve a higher framerate but sometimes that can bite you in the @ss! Syncs do help prevent stutters while eliminating screen tears. From my own personal testing with the scalers off and on the game runs smoother with Gsync and Vsync enabled. It runs smooth on my PC and display.

My system is over a year old but still considered high end. It does face challenges with maximum settings in games with tons of Raytracing and other high end visuals. Were seeing this more often with games such as Forza 5, Halo Infinite, Sword and Fairy 7 and others. Cyberpunk is another max setting framerate crippler. That's the way it goes until stronger hardware is released.

My eyesight is 20/20 which is outstanding for an old geezer like me. :p:p:D

12. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I probably should've said without a massive sign a degradation.

13. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Ok. Whew! Just did a ton of comparisons between the Series X and The PC version. I am thoroughly impressed with the Series X in Dolby Vision at 60hz. The details and smooth gameplay is an enjoyable experience. I remained outside to test framerates especially on PC. The PC does look better overall but the Series X kicks butt and take names for $500.00.

As I've stated earlier. The PC version is very smooth with Syncs enabled @4k native depending on your hardware. Best results for my machine was minimal framerate at 0 and maximum at 120 or 60 min 60 max. With all the graphics and animation at max settings with a 3090 this game is a very cool experience and still surpasses the consoles graphically. Dolby Vision on OLED is phenomenal on the Series X but the PC version and HGIG looks fantastic also. I normally set my black levels to low but for Halo Infinite PC the auto setting is preferred due to dark areas showing better details. My framerates range from 60+ to over 100+ depending on the level.

Dolby Atmos does sound better on Series X when compared to PC. Gunshots and nature sounds are louder and higher quality. There seems to be better usage of all the speakers on Series X.

I gotta get some sleep. Time for bed at 7:07 a.m. I will not do this to myself going forward.:oops::confused::p:D

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Having great fun with HALO.

I put the game down for a bit to finish off the work year, but now back at it, made it outdoors and the game runs fine. Yes its a little static outdoors, but still good looking, the gun fights are super fun.

15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Overrated but for those who're bored though it's OK.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Does it run good on a 5700XT ?

17. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    1440p all maxed, 105 FOV, my monitor is 75Hz Freesync, so pretty much 75 FPS indoors and heavy outdoor firefights mid 40's.
    I'm enjoying it, no hitching or bad stutter for me.

TheDigitalJedi and KissSh0t like this.
  18. Holy mackerel. I don't understand how you can label "mid 40's" as "it runs fine". That is completely unacceptable at this time and age. Especially with this kind of visuals.

19. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT

You can't feel my joy?

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  20. "Joy" has nothing to do with this technological disaster.