Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. shenosuke

shenosuke Member

GPU:
    RX580
    Here are showing that my rx580 support Rbar, but my pcie x16 not, yesterday i could enable SAM and worked fine (and option showed under radeon settings aswell) but i cant make to work again. i'´ve already formated windows etc, with no luck .

Here what hwinfo are showing:

Attached Files:

2. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    This shows me. [​IMG]
    The same is shown if you turn off rbar in the Amernime installer. I do not really trust hwinfo, as it often shows false information.

3. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    I'm on Windows 11 with TPM enabled and SAM works fine.

Even if you turn off ReBAR, the reported "Rezisable BAR0 Current Size" is still 8GB? HWiNFO tends to be the most accurate of all system information programs.

Attached Files:

leebottom likes this.
  4. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    After disabling secureboot and TPM, the heap size in the Aida program did not change in any way. And this should not have any effect. I wasted my time checking.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021

5. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    In BIOS, Rbar did not turn off, only through the Amernime installer. Yes, it shows the same thing. Now I'll try to turn it off in the BIOS.

6. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    What does HWiNFO report under the video adapter tab? See picture. Does it say 8GB even if ReBAR is turned off?

Attached Files:

• GPU.png
      GPU.png
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
  7. imad bouhafs

imad bouhafs Member

GPU:
    rx 6600
    weird! i wonder why is it acting like that o_O, are you on windows 10 or 11? i am on windows 11 so i thought maybe thats why.

8. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    my sapphire rx 580 4gb doing fine with sam enabled, but with ryzen 5 5600x b550m. Windows 10 TPM and Secure Boot enabled

9. imad bouhafs

imad bouhafs Member

GPU:
    rx 6600
    i believe something is interfering with the drivers when i enable SAM causing them to timeout because i notice it only happens when windows or anything tries to use the gpu the pc freezes and the screen goes black, id love to try with clean windows install but thats just a lot of work :p

10. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Yes, the 21.12.1 is the first driver to use 21.40 branch release, while 21.11.3 still 21.30. That's why adrenalin dependencies are updated, since previous ui V4.0 provided not work on 21.12.1.

11. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    If I turn off rbar in BIOS, then it writes 256 MB. But he writes that it is supported, although I turned it off through the Amernime installer. And gpu-z writes that it is disabled. Here is the fake information already.
    [​IMG]

12. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    If I turn off rbar in the BIOS, then this.
    [​IMG]
    It seems to me that hwinfo focuses only on the status of the rbar in the motherboard.

13. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    Yea, you're probably right. The AIDA64 heap size should be a good way of checking whether SAM is actually working or not.
    Halo Infinite is a free 2 play game. You can use that to test if it's working or not. On my 580 it gives me a +10fps boost. On a 390, SAM should give around +5fps, If I were to guess. Give it a try. It's a failsafe way of checking whether it's actually working or not.
    If you decide to try it, pick a small map in a custom game. There's one called Streets that's good to test this.

Fafnyr likes this.
  14. Fafnyr

Fafnyr Active Member

GPU:
    R9-390+
    Think so too, dount focus to mutch on these Tools, if RBAR stands Activated and the big ramrange is show on driver i will be working. BTW you become a bit more power and the GPU stream is in better flow all okay. By your the most RBAR Options are enabled. Think it runs. Your heapsize is a bit strange my card and the kolleg with the 580 runs fine hmm, i habe no more clue in time for your problem, sorry.

I Like RBAR very mutch and this drivers here. So my R9-390+ can life some more time.

gr33tz

leebottom and DanielRX like this.
  15. leebottom

leebottom Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I have checked it and it shows the ReBar is supported and the sizes went up to 8GB, I attached a screenshot. Screenshot 2021-12-15 140306.png

Fafnyr likes this.

16. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    Can you mod GPU/Chipset driver to enable SmartShift control or SmartShift OFF in ASUS G513QY laptops?

17. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  18. LeoKesler

LeoKesler New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 270x VaporX
    Same issue like others: After clean install (with ddu) , I try to enable ReBAR using the install app but I get black screen blinking, totally unstable.
    Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4GB, CPU 3600, MB GB Aorus Elite B550M . All needed options enabled in Bios and programs like HWinfo shows ReBar supported and enabled.

Edit: Windows 10, fully updated.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  19. shenosuke

shenosuke Member

GPU:
    RX580
    I'm mad here cuz SAM worked with my rx580 + 10600kf , but i unninstalled the 21.12.1 v4 , cuz i thought the texture bug in HZD was caused by modded driver, but is a 21.12 1 issue, after that i cant make work again no matter what i do. the only thing that i didnt try yet is update to the last bios ( i wont do cuz seems that last bios of msi z490 are bricking the mobos and my z490 gaming edge doesnt have bios flashback) anyway im already using a bios version that support rebar..)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  20. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    Have you guys tried using AMD Cleanup Utility in safe mode?