GeForce Game Ready v497.09 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    What specs is your system? If you're getting micro-stuttering in multiple games (not a single game with an issue), it's not driver related. That's more likely your hardware. Are you running an old system (older CPU with slower RAM) and a higher end GPU by any chance?

2. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super

3. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    Sharpening needs to be Enabled Globally now or im Blind?
    Any game i select, is always greyed out.

already DDU'd

Attached Files:

4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    actually, all things being equal:

---at 4k or 8k, max eye candy, NO DLSS, no motion blur, no DOF, no noise, no vignette (basically sharpest max visual), there is a perceptible micro-stutter in 496/497 on DX titles ( I have not seen it on Vulkan)
    reverting to 472.47 makes it go away. There is also a performance penalty -all things being equal ay 4k and 8k, on 496/487 that seems to resolve when reverting to standard 472.47, 471, or 466.

I did not test at anything less than max visuals or the listed settings. But the performance drop is real at very high demand settings games (4k +) and my set up is nothing less than 10-bit / monitor, with DP 1.4 DSC or HDMI 2.1.

Issues are inconsequential to resizable bar implementations (as that can be positive or negative depending on its own implementation)

for me, the 496/497 series drivers are just "off" with lots of issues from polygonal artifacts, performance issues, blank screen delays between launches or closures of apps, etc.
    Issues seem resolved when reverting to standard 472 series or 471 and 466.

disclosure:
    all the stations I have are single or dual 3090rtx FE builds. All the monitors are at least 4k and on DP 1.4 DSC or HDMI 2.1. 'm on the latest MS data center server 2022 build (desktop experience), and the only windows versions are the latest 'enterprise' edition. I do not have a 'regular' windows 10/11 build to test with so my issues could be unique and not applicable to a blanket statement. However standard 472 driver does seem to resolve issues created from 496/497 (in my environment)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Recent driver including this leads to very wierd and "floaty" performance in Doom Eternal and BL3.

472.12 seems to be the best driver overall atm, hopefully nVidia will improve and fix those dumb issues.

6. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Yea i am still on the 472.12, i haven't jumped on the 49x stuff yet.

7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    All I see from the 49x drivers branch are people with odd issues, stuttering, performance loss with NIS on even with sharpening off, etc, feels like some very experimental stuff that hopefully will be fixed soon, so far these drivers feel like some half-finished thing that has way more bugs than nvidia expected.

8. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Maybe a dumb question but in the Nvidia control panel i see power management mode has 2 options default = Optimal power and can select Prefer maximal performance
    I want the most power out of my card ,witch of the 2 options give the maximal power, I have a GTX 1660 Super OC and a Psu of 850 Watt
    Can someone help me out ???

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Prefer max performance

XantaX likes this.
  10. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I dont't know if I'm wrong, but prefer max performance didn't help me that much. It seems that I get the best max power results if I use the "High Performance Power Plan" in Windows.
    On Balanced Mode there is some throttling on the CPU now and then and that causes performance issues. My GPU only slows down if it doesn't get enough food from my CPU/RAM. So preventing a sleeping CPU seems to result in max performance of the GPU.

XantaX likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Does anyone know last driver before NIS was introduced?

12. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    496.49 was the last WHQL released before NIS was released in 496.76 WHQL

alanm likes this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Pick Power managment = Normal

XantaX likes this.
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I dont believe it makes a difference in actual performance. You should get same FPS in games or benchmarks. Optimal perf just stops the card from redrawing the same scene when not moving around in a game.

15. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I understand the difference between the 2 modes is minimal but i set it to max performance,
    as long it keeps stable , Thanks a lot for replying
    :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    fear029 likes this.

16. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Yup. But keep in mind that by enabling NIS you will lose performance across all your games/apps. FPS impact varies depending on a game and GPU but you can easily lose 5-10% performance just by having NIS enabled because sharpening will always be active in all apps (because you're forced to enable it globally), even at 0% due to... reasons.
    If sharpening is the only thing you want it might be best to roll back to pre-NIS drivers, unless you absolutely depend on the newer drivers.
    There's also a workaround apparently that when you enable integer scaling you get the old sharpening back instead of NIS but I haven't tried it since my GPU does not support integer scaling.

GiveMe likes this.
  17. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes your right that's what exactly happens redrawing without moving around and some times artifacts in COD Vanguard, back to optimal power and no more artifacts.
    Thanks anyway. ppl :)

Passus likes this.
  18. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    this driver hardware acceleration is broken for chrome in windows 11x64
    i have to disable this, becasue if i enable hardware acceleration
    after a minute or seconds have this screen if open chrome

[​IMG]

with hardware acceleration disable, dont have problems

19. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    win 11 here and no issues with hardware acceleration in chrome on this driver.

20. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Same here. Although not exactly Chrome, no issues with hardware acceleration in Edge Chromium.