List of water blocks made by CORSAIR that are compatible with Intel LGA1700 processor: XC5 / XC7 RGB PRO

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Warning DONT BUY THIS BLOCK
    All the Amazon and Reddit reviews for it say its trash, even right now im talking to someone that got it and got horrible temps i sent him links to Heatkiller blocks.
    Heatkiller IV PRO has retention kit and Backplate for LGA1700, each sold separately

chispy likes this.
  3. NiceHair

NiceHair Guest

GPU:
    evga 980 ti ftw
    Good to know
    Anything cheaper and easier (no clc) to deploy and mantain ?

4. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    No idea, as far as blocks go, Heatkiller Pro is great if you want even cheaper check Byksky and Barrowch, i would say barrowch, there is a model that got LGA1700 upgrade, its 60ish USD and doesnt use the idiotic thumbscrews but Phillips head so it will be tight

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    because I couldn't get a heatkiller (no stock) for my 3960x threadripper I had a corsair one for a while, it wasn't "horrible" like 3 degrees more than the heatkiller, that said...if they reused the same contact base and it looks like it, no I would not use it for an alder lake
    the heatkiller not only had a massive cooling surface but proof maybe that the liquid flow was excellent in like 5min the block had no air bubbles left inside, impressive

didn't see heatkiller had one so I pre-ordered an EKWB block, this new one is attached from the back no visible screw on top hopefully we'll see how it looks before new yeard...if...IF I get some ddr5 :confused:
    if you check the asus Z690 extreme glacial, the fins and plate above the cpu look suspiciously like my threadripper heatkiller block, which is a good thing it was great

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    You get the normal Heatkiller Pro [watercool.de] and buy their LGA1700 kit [under 5$ cheap], which is 4 big springs and thick nuts, if you want more you can get LGA1700 backplate, i paid 20EURos for both and shipping to Israel.