Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    when buying ignore fancy adverts and well put together pdf files, use forums and knowledge not pictures.

2. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    i dont i use ddu,

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats fine but clean install is necessary when installing new drivers. You can do it within the installation.

4. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    i allways left out gfx drivers when building a installation image with updates ect.
    they change to often so i found it best to leave them out.
    i dont bother no more,

5. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    So what's your meaning in life? I you don't bother, don't use a dgpu at all, keep an APU with windows update driver.

6. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    I have a RX 480 and it's impossible to install new AMD drivers since months. The only one that works is the Adrenaline 20.9.2, all the drivers released after this one fail to install. They got stuck and don't install or get installed and give me error. I'm not a noob, I use DDU and know how to do things. I tried everything, even to install only the graphic driver without the Adrenaline Control Panel through the Windows Device Manager, but they all fail.
    I'm starting to think that AMD abandoned the support for the old cards like mine, it's ridiculous.
    Never had this problem with NVIDIA cards: they can have problems after the installation, but at least install.

I want to try to install them using the command prompt. Do you guys know how to do it, or can you please point me to a clear and simple guide for the commands to use?
    I keep the driver folder in C:\AMD\nameofdriverfolder\

7. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    You can try this, this is how i install drivers.
    Open up Msconfig, click on safeboot. Go to control panel and uninstall drivers, restart , its going to restart into safe mode, use the amd uninstall unity driver, restart. Once back to the desktop, install drivers, restart. I never use DDU, i did in the past but it cause me problems.

8. According to the new AMF SDK release, these drivers support HEVC 10-bit encoding now: https://gpuopen.com/advanced-media-framework/

I’m greatly interested in seeing if this changes anything with Oculus and Quest 2 headsets. NVIDIA could do HEVC with Air Link for a while now, but AMD was stuck with AVC for both wired and Air. The Service logs indicated that HEVC wasn't supported, but I'm curious if it'll just-work now on AMD, or if Oculus needs to implement the SDK update. Still AVC on both wired and Air Link, so maybe it'll require an Oculus client update.

Interestingly, the recently-released 21.Q4 PRO drivers seemingly don't support the newest AMF since their driver version is 21.40.11.02.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2021
  9. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    Thanks, but doesn't work.

10. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    Forza 5 + Win11 21H2 vega56 STOCK, all settings to HIGH, FHD resolution. Vsync ON.

upload_2021-12-4_18-21-59.png

Krteq likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Benchmark does not do justice to amd cards gameplay actually feels alot more smoother.

somemadcaaant and DanielRX like this.
  12. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    LOL I had the same issue that started like a month back I thought I was going crazy. It would happen like 8 times of 10. I forgot how I reset it it was clearing/resetting the RX580 Cache or Shaders..
    I can't complain my drivers are about 2 years old but Crysis Remaster, FarCry5, New Dawn and FarCry6 like butter. Red Dead Redemption shocking ran well but I lost interest with the game. The Mafia remaster ran like butter as well. Oddly FarCry 6 forcefully leaves a huge grey icon on the top right while playing the game stating something like, " PLEASE UPDATE YOUR MANUFACTURER'S VIDEO CARD DRIVE guru1.jpg RS."

That stupid warning icon. guru.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  13. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Why Vsync on a with I think a 165Hz screen?

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    IMG_20211110_200057_709.jpg
    I feel like it did me justice. And this is launch for forza 5.
    Havent tried it again with this driver.

Undying likes this.
  15. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    [​IMG]

Smart access Memory still broken huge FPS drop in racing gameplay .

16. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I found this in reddit..

This driver version inherits the issue from the Halo Infinite test driver previously where Unreal Engine games crash on launch. Reproducible 100% of the time with Dead by Daylight, Gears of War 1 Ultimate Edition, Fortnite and others on my 6900 XT.

17. What versions of UE does this affect? And does this include games like Halo MCC that also use it? And is it specific to certain GPUs?

Both UT99 and Halo MCC start and work fine for me with these drivers and a RX 580.

18. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Back to 21.10.2...
    VRAM clocks down fine at idle with dual monitor setup 1080p@60hz and 144hz.

The "CRU Trick" also doesn't work with this drivers.
    Even setting both monitors to 60hz also doesn't work.

30W at idle is too much...
    That is as much as power needed to playback 4k video.
    And why is VRAM clock at max when playing 1080p videos on youtube, twitch etc?
    Also consuming 30W....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  19. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    When using madVR 0.19.17 and Media Player Classic 1.9.17.24 (both last versions), my system will hang everytime around 10 seconds after I pause video playback, when displaying HDR content only on my 2nd monitor (a Samsung TV). It does not happens on my main monitor or when I extend the display
    The link a video of the issue
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PAz_Z_VRzTdibhRpeVm-Rg7Pet5LB-Tu/view?usp=sharing

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Smart access memory on for me, works flawless.