GeForce Game Ready v497.09 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Sadly it looks as if I'll never be able to use any of the DCH drivers because unlike the Standards the Windows App folder has a corrupted Administrator profile. All the other directories are working fine apart from the Nvidia control panel, even with a reinstall!

I've tried
    -Changing security permissions for that folder to Administrator or even as a standard user which always ends up with a failed to enumerate objects in the container. So the files are hard locked
    -Reset WindowsApps folder Permissions to Default
    -Doing a full windows repair but it says everything is fine
    -Doing an image repair but again says everything is fine
    -Making a new account, reinstalling the drivers, but again fails

Because of Nvidia forcing everyone to use the DCH drivers and installing the control panel in windows apps, i'll never be able to use any new drivers again on the 980 GTX system. The Nvidia driver works fine, the control panel doesn't! Annoyed is an understatement

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The issue is not because of Nvidia forcing, it is because of a corrupt profile, fix that part and you will be fine.

You can try to repair/resintall the appx installer and also a check directly on the appx packages, as far as I recall that isn't part of DISM/SFC checks.

Repair app command:
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
    You can also check the individually under apps.

Might also work out creating a local account and using that for DDU and driver reinstall, should at least get the driver and cpl going, none of it will solve what ever is up with the account you usually use, probably only a upgrade repair install or a complete clean install of the OS.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  3. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    As I said in a number of bullet points I've tried... Yes it's because of a corrupt profile, but again I wouldn't be in this mess if the user was given an option to install as a standard instead of DCH. Does DCH benefit me in anyway? No

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this driver isn't for the radeon 7970

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your psu is absolutely the source of the problem.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You wouldn't be in this mess if the profile wasn't corrupt to begin with.
    So sorry, but that issue is on your end and not up to Nvidia to fix.
    Nuf said, you ****** it up, not Nvidia.

7. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Sorry i need to refresh my rig on the forum.
    I have an rtx 3090FE and ax850 titanium corsair, i tested the psu and it's not the problem, the only two things changed are razer update and this driver.
    i did 200 h in New world with 0 problems wit this psu...

8. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I would also look after the PSU. How did you test it?

Seasonic PSUs are known to shut down when Cards of the Class of a 3090 pull short Peaks. Try to VSync at something like 60 Hz. If there ist no Problem anymore, try a different PSU.

I have had the same on a Seasonic Focus 850W Gold. My former Vega 64 LC could reproduce a shutdown. Almost everytime when there was a switch from a High Power Demand Situation into an Idle Situation. I bought a SuperFlower 850W and haven't had a shutdown since that day (also not with my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC). So give a different PSU a chance if you can. Just because it hasn't had a problem for the last 200 h doesn't mean that it doesn't have a problem now.

9. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    It happened to me since moving to DCH, but whenever I want to use NCP I just go to Settings - Apps - Nvidia Control Panel - 3 dots on the right - Advanced options - Reset.

This will enable you to use CP once... If you X the NCP then you need to do the same steps again. However, good thing is whenever you hit Reset it doesn't reset the app data or settings. This is the only workaround I was able to find myself so thought i'd share.

10. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    I will buy a new psu and then i return it, but it's so strange that this happen just later this driver install

Neil79 likes this.

11. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    The 'AppX Nvidia Control Panel' is a 'Desktop Bridge AppX' IIRC.

If all other troubleshooting has failed, as a last resort you may be able to extract the core files from the AppX Package and run the NVCPL 'normally'

1. Extract the AppX package from the driver installer '\Display.Driver\NVCPL\' folder using 7Zip or similar. Currently '5efb955d2acb49ea89ce8df2b4fd49dc.appx'

2. Extract the AppX files (currently '5efb955d2acb49ea89ce8df2b4fd49dc.appx') using 7Zip or similar

3. Run nvcplui.exe in the folder created in from step 2

NVIDIA Container must be running, nvcplui.exe etc rely on it.

Neil79 likes this.
  12. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue, thank you both of you!

13. Florin Samareanu

Florin Samareanu Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    On mobile, not close to my pc but after installing this driver my computer rebooted with a bugcheck when launching a game right after boot (and the error was related to a gpu issue). It worked fine after restart. I’m running windows 11 which probably explains it.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You've done nothing of the sort, come back when you've actually put a 1000w+ unit in there and confirmed the problems continue,

the only folks getting spontaneous reboots are undervolting or subpar for power.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    His PSU is strong, recent and single rail. Even with a 3090, chances for it to be the root of his issue are very low.

16. DocratesCR

DocratesCR Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    How is it going?
    I rolled back to 496.84 and testing.

My PSU is a Asus Thor 1200 watts.

In the driver update log on previous update, there is info about a spontaneous system reboot while playing Doom. Maybe the issue is bigger.

And CoMa666, can you check your task manager for a process called diagnostic policy service, when I install Nvidia drivers, this service always uses between 10% and 13% cpu, never ending... By removing drivers, the service just run normally.

17. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Before you fork out a lot of money, try to lower possible power peaks of your GPU. If that helps, the PSU might be an issue. If not, there is something else.
    You can even limit your framerate. So you can increase the power consumption step by step.

XantaX likes this.
  18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Next time check first if your psu is suitable on high power consumption, some psu's have power down on high demands.
    Btw i have learned it the hard way, i can say ;) .

I agree with FR4GGL3

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  19. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    • In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228]
    I still can't believe this is not fixed :(

PPC likes this.
  20. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    I will test the new psu, but we all know it's not that the problem, i mean i listen and i do.
    How is possible an AX850 Titanium works with 0 problems and then with a driver installed stop working only with NEW WORLD?
    The problem persist with the old driver now, the only thing changed is the razer nari and mouse have done an update somemdays ago and i played the game only yesterday.