After beta, Battlefield 2042 system requirements were altered.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    I have to agree with alot of you. I've been playing BF2042 since it was released and it plays like crap. I know my system is dated and I need an upgrade, but Battlefield 5 looks beautiful and is a fantastic game, especially FireStorm, but cheaters destroyed the game along with EA's attitude not to use an Anti-Cheat. The run movement of the player for Battlefield 2042 is so bad I just don't understand why they could not use the same movement as BF5. I get about 40-55 FPS at Low at 2K. It just not feel like a Battlefield game, that's the biggest issue, every Battlefield game followed (Except Hardline!) the similar formula, all they had to do is follow on from the success of BF5. All the ground work was done. If I were to review the game it would get 53%. Massive disappointment. Such a shame. Not sure if they can fix a broken game.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Have you tried portal ? If you play on custom servers with 64 or 32 players, your performance should be fine :)

Sadly i dont think your 4core / 8 thread cpu will be able to play the default 128 player servers, simply not enough threads to handle it.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Have you tried? You might be surprised.

I have a system with an overclocked 7600K and a 1080Ti and it runs Cyberpunk at 3440x1440 at high settings like a charm.

It runs the game so well that if i didn´t play it on my system i would have an hard time believing it, specially after all the talk about how bad Cyber was on release.

As for BT 2042 i can´t speak because i don´t have the game but playing it online with lots of players is probably going to be too much for a simple quad core.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I mean, I like the game so far.

5. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    The brain limiting is probably on you. I asked why DLSS. It was obvious that the low performance was due to somethjing else.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its hard to imagine 7600k being capable for anything more than browsing the internet this days.

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Like i said, you would be surprised.

Not to mention that any decent dual core is more than enough for mundane tasks. We only need powerful hardware for gaming or for professional use.