Dark Matter GeForce RTX30 graphics cards from Zotac - ultra-dark finishes.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Zotac has announced a limited-edition graphics card featuring a super-black finish. The paint job is exceptionally black, absorbing up to 99.4 percent of visible light, according to the manufacturer.

2. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    Yes, yes, let's make them 5000$ each and they're perfect.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It make miner farm more classy...
    Zotac is a no go, exept for miner where price per quantity matter, the quality of build dropped it is the worse you can get in NVidia.

TheDeeGee and cryohellinc like this.
  4. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    Really do you have a Zotac RTX card ? I do i have the Zotac Trinity RTX 3090 paid £1475.00 in January running any game maxed have had no problems with this card unlike other makes i have seen failing like EVGA

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    I don't own one (i more use Quadro or Radeo Pro) but i have put many from the 3000 serie on side job, when they were aviable, on PC (because it's client choise) and a good 75% come back in RMA only due to bad quality of anything exept NVidia... melted power connector, fan that slow down, stop and don't start again, attachment of the rad that is defective due to screw that have not been screwed enough in factory...
    So maybe your experience were good but on volume, it is not the same story.
    But also i agree that EVGA is worse.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @rl66
    dont compare some entry/value, to what we gurus use.
    never had any problems with any xx60/xx70/xx80 in the past 10y i got for myself or customer.

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @rl66 stop scaring me ! My 1060 is zotac and already 1 year late from when i was planning to replace it with a 3060ti :p .... It has to last till the prices are shane again or die in the glory of fight spiting out every last fps possible ! I hope it lasts !

8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    meanwhile 99.4% of cards are absorbed by miners.

Undying and rl66 like this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Of course that we do push some to the limit but some brand are more able to do it than some other...
    Never had issue with MSI when EVGA gave up soon... I still have an MSI GTX 260 on the wall for decorating my working place (with full VRM from 280 out of the box and waterblock from WC.DE... 110°c to 130°c in use on long period and still fonctional during last GPU shortage when i was without GPU.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    See the good side... You will be able to buy a 4060 when some will reach the store lol
    Personaly i would choise another brand for your 3060ti, i have replaced the defectives Zotac by Aorus (or Gigabyte in some country) they are more aviable right now and seem better... at least for now, no problem with them.
    MSI is a good brand, Asus a notch less...

Venix likes this.

11. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    But what about the 0.6% that scalper overprice sell on Amazon (and other e-tailer)? lol

12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Oh i have no orders in i just wait till i can get one retail close~ish to msrp . Funny thing is i got that 1060 on the last legs of the last mining craze and the zotac card was 260 .. every other brand was 320 + and any radeon rx 580 or 570 500+ :p . about Gigabyte i can not say i am a fan anything gigabyte i owned or a friend owned eventually just died . Nforce 2 mb (friend owned) , 7600 gt ( mine ) z77 -ud5 (mine ) , and a friends mb on 939 slot i do not remember but especially after the z77 i will will always choose another brand instead of gigabyte always even if it means paying a bit more , that said i know that i might have been just lucky with gigabyte and the sample size of mine means nothing :p . Still choosing gb nowdays makes me really uneasy :p.

rl66 likes this.
  13. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    Had a Gigabyte RTX 280 had to put a AIO on it as the fans would not stop running at full speed when playing games, all the time over 4000 RPM sent for rma GIGABYTE did nothing but send it back and said they could not replicate it it, would not spin intill it reached 60c then full speed no curve fan settings would do anything so i decided to take the fans of replace with AIO never again will i get a Gigabyte product