Battlefield 2042 currently has a 74% negative user reviews on Steam.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 22, 2021.

1. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    tbh it deserves over 80% negative....

Dough7 likes this.
  2. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I would have liked to write something, but you literally already wrote everything I wanted to write. It is exactly like this.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  3. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    I also started having this today.... played every day since it was out and didnt see it... I dont remember seeing any updates.... weird... probably bug on server side causing this error on our side somehow...

4. ChristGeli

ChristGeli Guest

GPU:
    VEGA FE
    IT should be a free dlc of Battlefield 3

5. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    BF1 was the last "good" one, the older / more experienced crew of devs at DICE still worked on that one - DICE had a serious brain drain between BF1 and the launch of BFV. Anyways, those devs genuinely cared about some of the finer points of BF1, the details, some historical info on the weapons and locations. It was EA who shelved some of the old features, shoehorned in additional monetization, and failed to leverage a functional 3rd-party anti-cheat system. BF1 still had its good points despite terrible decisions on the part of EA.

Some of my favorite times with multiplayer games have been the BF series. BF1 was genuinely fun and the multiplayer was decent before the hacking became rampant a few months after launch. EA failed to fix the issues and only added new ones in BFV, doubling down on monetization/cosmetics, dropping more features, ignoring hacking. I haven't purchased 2042 yet (if ever...), but it certainly seems to have all of the janky launch problems of BF4, BF1, BFV and somehow manages to have even fewer features and even more monetization!
    I wish a better publisher had control of this series, EA is such garbage.

Silva, Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.
  6. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I Feel a Free weekend and a 50% off coming

Silva and KissSh0t like this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Why do i keep missing out on all this drama with unfinished buggy broken games at their launch, oh that's right, i don't pre order sight unseen, what a fool i am. Lol

Silva and Ivrogne like this.
  8. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Cant we have a game without BLM or LGB?

Why_Me and Dough7 like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Still not worth it. :D

10. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Sounds like an absolute disaster! BF1 is great, BFV I played the beta for a few hours & it was rubbish, haven't played the others....but this list of 'problems' with BF 2042 sounds horrendous. I might try it when it costs £5.

11. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Yeah nothing "good" lasts forever.
    Can't say I'm terribly sad that I no longer have a reason to return home from work and only think about the incoming raid in WoW, that was toxic too.
    What's pleasant also tends to create addiction.

12. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Even though BF2042 is lacking in a major way, at least at this point, in the defense of it, the portal mode is practically their apology for not delivering for the launch date. I think many people will have great time there and we shouldn't forget that.

You just cling on to bad games without realizing it.

Your post is very true and your suggestion worthwhile, but I believe Epic Games are going to add user reviews later if I'm not mistaken.

...BUT! This is the reason why user reviews do not tell the truth either. I'm quite sure any sort of overall score cannot help people to find the best game for them. You always have to read individual descriptions to first of all know if the author is anything like-minded. I do not recommend to believe Steam's user satisfaction, if any user scores or summaries at all. Thankfully, today it is so easy to just look past the hype or hate and check some gameplay videos. Use your own brains, hype/hate is for wussies. The only issue today is the constant "noise" you have to wade through.

Even though I haven't played the game, I can instantly see from videos that this game was indeed the last true Battlefield in terms of teamplay, scale and pacing, but this fact doesn't take away the great aspects of BF3 and BF4, which are both successful on their own terms.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I have not seen any indication of Epic adding user reviews. As I remember this was one of the things that Epic said it would not do.

Pepa the pig game might not be our cup of tea. As it's not a game for adults.
    But it does what it's intended for, meaning it's a good game for young kids. Therefor, it has good reviews.
    Might be a game I'll pick up at discount, for my nephews to play, when they come over to my house.

BF 2042 it's not a game for kids. It's a game for more mature audiences.
    But it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. So we have bad reviews, listing all the things wrong with it.

14. Shaxuul

Shaxuul Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Show me one game that didn't have launch bugs. I'll wait...

Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4, Hardline, 1, and V, ALLL had launch bugs. Nothing new with 2042. They will be ironed out.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The bugs aren't even the main problem with the game, bugs are just the funny thing about it all.

Horus-Anhur likes this.

16. Dough7

Dough7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb
    I am not playing it on steam so I did not review it there. I didn't realize 2042 stood for the # of bugs in its code. My old, beat up, nearly dead GPU is mining & wouldn't play it anyhow. Waited forEVER for Battlefield to release on latest Playstation (5). Bought a copy for my son on his ps4 pro as well. Sad now that we have wasted $130+ tax. More bugs than Cyberpunk but they even offered refunds. I don't expect EA to ever act so honorably. This is the LAST time I make such a mistake with this franchise, for sure.

17. Dough7

Dough7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb
    TBF To be fair, Call of Duty Vanguard has some bugs too, but has been way more fun and addicting.

18. Dough7

Dough7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb
    The guy above me wants us to show him any other game that didn't have bugs @ launch. I'm afraid he's missing the point. We should not come to expect such things. Especially now with games starting at $70+ tax ($130+ tax wasted here). And, the # of bugs in BF 2042 is way, way, way beyond anything I would ever deem acceptable. They should all be completely ashamed of themselves. A transfer to Japan, where businessmen take such failures under their hat and commit harry-carey may be in order. But battlefield is dead to me and mine now. R.I.P.

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I saw a documentary where journalists discovered that several fast food companies ordered a studies about the effect of odors (substances) on the secretion of pleasure hormones in the body, so you can imagine to be anchored to specific fast food place just because they added some specially selected odors into floor cleaner (to trigger happy feeling inside you).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    BlindBison likes this.
  20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It's more a game made by a team without any talents, as the talented BF's DICE member go away after BF2142 and after BF3... (and DICE Sweden never have made any successfull game)
    When you try to milk a franchise when the soul of the franchise is no more in your company, most of the time, it finish bad.
    For sure in BF1 or BF5 you have good animations and effect...
    But you have also heavy boredom, the stepback are short single player mission and i never succeed to do a tasteless multiplayer game more than an hour.
    The good thing is that i add them all free in multiple giveaway.