NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Just only your personal opinion. I install the GRD or the Hotfix? My pc right now have got only a fresh install of Windows 11.

Image scaling is enabled by default or need to be enabled? Because I'm not really interested to this feature

@Astyanax could you please answer to my question?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But NULL is reserved keyword!

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I've also noticed the "ignore film grain" option disappeared.

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    just got Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered in bf2042. the last drivers never got that... starting to think these are not the best drivers for bf2042. :mad:

5. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Try the 472.47, I was playing for 5 hours last night without any crashes on my RTX unlike these ones
    https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/183578/en-us

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Alberto_It likes this.
  7. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Windows 11 users with an AMD system, that has weird black screen flicker issues, should consider experimenting whether it goes away by disabling the fTPM.

Over here, my main display used to flicker up to 8-9 coming out of sleep, like it's changing modes that often, until it settled and worked normally. Initially, I disabled the fTPM to fix an audio issue (playback freezing up for a fraction of a second, intermittently), based on posts of people claiming it caused stutter on their end. Said issues went away after disabling the fTPM. Same time, my display started coming out of sleep quick and normally, none of this 8-9 mode changes anymore. Certainly smells like there's some weird interaction.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your system has an undiagnosed flaw and has issues that nobody else does.

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I am running multi-monitor setup so this might be what I'm seeing, it's just really strange that it doesn't flicker with any of the 470 drivers but as soon as I install any of the 490 drivers I get this random flickering, I'm running 472.12 right now with zero flickering.

10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its off by default

The game is triggering TDR's across devices from every vendor, it won't always throw the device hung message from in the game depending on what task was being enacted in the client at the time.

12. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    so why take 10 hours before seeing it? and only after i updated drivers.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is fixed in the 19042/3/4 cumulative preview

• We fixed an issue that turns off screen capture and recording functionalities on the Windows Game Bar because of a service failure.

D3D12 applications do not have the capability of exclusive fullscreen.

Resource violations are usually edge case and random in their effects, refer to the last 2 and a half years of Division 2.

https://microsoft.github.io/DirectX-Specs/d3d/DeviceRemovedExtendedData.html

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    @ManuelG I still have stutter/presentation glitches in madVR fullscreen with this driver as long as MPO is enabled. I found another user who is affected by this too. I've sent an email with gpuview traces and system information at driverfeedback address.

As mentioned in the email, enabling the new GPU upscaling resolutions also works as a workaround. I wonder if it disables MPO?

15. herefordrivers

herefordrivers Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    What would the equivalent sharpening setting be to the previous driver's default 0.5 setting? Something just looks off about the sharpening in the new driver.

16. Franzisca

Franzisca Member

GPU:
    2x MSI Nvidia GTX 980
    Thanks, I'll wait for that update to be pushed out. Game runs fine as long I don't use the overlay while playing. Microsoft and Playground Games announced a patch for later this week that will address several crashing issues and game bugs.

17. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks for the info mate!

Crossing my fingers here that it will finally solve it.

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I was talking about the Nvidia driver, not cumulative updates. Hence why I refered to it as "hotfix".

Not sure what triggers the flickering, seen some insiders claim that the KB fixes it and now one that claims it doesn't.
    What I do know (at least think I do) is that the Nvidia drivers offered for Windows 11 (those posted via ManuelG) are aimed for the stable OS release and not the Insider releases, so a bit pointless complaining around these drivers if one runs on an Insider release.

Noisiv likes this.
  19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Don't look at me, I don't even use NIS, it's either DLSS or real FSR. :D
    I agree that NIS is a joke if Magpie's FSR (PostProcess) shader looks better.

Isn't there enough headroom on the D2 refurb to use one of the propper AA solutions?

Noisiv likes this.
  20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    After testing it in Deathloop, I've come to a similar conclusion. It makes the image look too aliased, CAS via ReShade looks much better (e.g. strength of 1.2 for DLSS balanced 1440p).
    Really wished CAS with maximum strength of 2.0 was included in curated ReShade shaders for FreeStyle.