NVIDIA GeForce 496.49 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    looks like nvidia have added it to the open issues, there might be a few different issues doing similar things or they could all be the same bug.

tunejunky and Netherwind like this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for your help. I'll do some more testing of my own just for science.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Additional issues:

• (YouTube): The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. [3420164]
    • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
    • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284] If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
    • [NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49. NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions dos not appear in game. [3434708] To work around, a. Disable HDR in case it's enabled from the Microsoft Control Panel, then enable Image Scaling, apply the Image Scaling resolution on the desktop and revert back to native resolution. b. If the previous instructions do not work, then disable HDR in case it's enabled from the Microsoft Control Panel, enable Image Scaling and apply the Image Scaling resolution on the desktop and then reboot the system.
    • In multi-monitor configurations, screen may display random black screen flicker [3404999]

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Think the main issue is that it has to be enabled globally before it can be used with a games profile, the global slider is set to 50% pr. default instead of 0%!

Cave Waverider likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    My theory has been upturned by Manuel, though the issue did definitely sound like inactive dimming its a legitimate bug caused by a workaround for another bug, he hasn't got an eta on fix right now so using the old driver is the workaround for those affected by it.

That said, maybe they should just make it work like inactive dimming, add it as an option and have it set to off by default

:D a lot of features began as bugs

tunejunky likes this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ah yea, dimming when the computer is inactive or something :)

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows already does this as a feature (and before the screensaver or console lock timeout usually)

i'm talking about replicating the HP focus mode features so your background windows dim if the active window isn't maximised.

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Can't recall where, but MS did post a walkaround regarding dimming and other features that causes flickering.
    Part of it was to disable night light, there was something regarding the game bar (think it was in regards to turning of the recording feature) and some other stuff as well though.
    Probably also helps to disable the sensor service if one only has a monitor supporting that one.

Was mainly all stuff I disable when doing a clean install, so probably why I didn't run into these issues myself.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had to pop these buggers back on, Windows Update decided to download and install a 472 set, and swap my sound over to my Monitor for good measure!, the ******* *******!:mad: