Nvidia imposes frame rate restrictions on 12 Geforce Now games.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Well FPS means money.... nVidia needs money

3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Are they serious, i think there is a corona effect, all big compagnies act with suicidal minds those days, konami ****** pes, rockstar ****** gta, nvidia procreating gamers... etc etc WTF :confused:

4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Pure greed.

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, but, at current prices of gpu, a user could get 6yrs (£180 per year) of the new tier for the cost of an actual RTX3080. If the gpu prices remain so high, then, this service would be much more affordable for many more people.

The service itself is sound, with the usual pitfalls of latency to deal with, but, it's generally better than most other streaming services. Using a mobile phone and Xbox pad works as expected.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This is a perfect example of the problem of paying for online services instead of buying products, they can change terms at any point and there´s nothing the consumer can do...

I´d rather continue to buy my hardware and software, even if software nowadays also comos with a catch...

GSDragoon likes this.
  7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    AMD please make RDNA3 awesome and Intel please be successful, please. We need proper competition so Nvidia is forced out of this mindset. They do so many things thinking they have no competition so they can get away with it.

8. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Geforce now is a monthly subscription that doesn't lock down your game purchases, don't think it's worth it and you can stop using it and still have all your games, all your progress, etc. There is no lock in, nothing is lost. While Nvidia certainly deserves hate sometimes, geforce now isn't the thing to rage about - it's the most open thing they've done for a long time, more open then any other cloud gaming service.

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    rdna2 was already awesome,and look what happened, 4:1 on ampere vs rdna 2 while turing to rdna1 is just 2:1 and pascal to vega+polaris is 2:1 too
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/what-generation-gpu-are-you-using.438606/#post-5926484
    no one can compete with them in sales volume,and rx6800 cards have gone awol for months.I waited the whole summer for 6800 and they were absouletly unobtainable.I mean they were there,but at 3080lhr prices or worse,over 1200eur.

until amd can get their s*** together,nvidia will do whatever they want to do.it's one thing to make a good card,but ffs,let us buy it.

that is reasonable.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  10. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    How long before NV starts putting hardware features behind pay walls, want reflex require subscription, want DLSS 5.0 require this subscription.

11. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    what ?
    you already pay for them.
    you're making no sense.
    whoever says dlss 2.0 is free is clearly delusional.
    just like the only people who got gameworks for free were amd owners.and the only people who benefited from async shaders were nvidia buyers.

12. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    What I'm saying is NV could start removing features that are currently paid for with your card, an placing them behind subscription model.

13. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I think you're confusing geforce cards with geforce service

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Not sure what you are saying... you would subscribe for such a model?

I guess some would, guessing that some still pay for GFN to play the games that are set to run below 60fps....

15. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    NV could offer DLSS to AMD/Intel hardware users, but still profit by not making it free? an charging subscription for the feature.

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they already are offering dlss to amd/intel users
    as geforce rtx 20/30 graphics cards

17. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    I'm talking about gamers who don't have Nvidia graphics cards and only have AMD or future Intel ones? NV could charge those gamers for access.

Think how world currently works everything is moving to rent/subscription service model, you don't actually own it. Saying future Nvidia business model could involve them removing currently free features an placing them behind pay walls.

18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    nvidia is not that stupid
    if they sold dlss as a separate feature,which would require nvidia somehow releasing amd driver updates btw ,they wouldn't earn as much money as selling the whole card.

you can't subscribe for more freezer space for you fridge.
    you have to buy a different fridge.

19. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Don't know think how Apple sell iPhone's at huge mark up prices compared to manufacturing costs, believe they make more money through Apple 30% app tax.

20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    how is that related ? do you know what the markup on a navi2x/ga1xx card is at the moment ? apple doesn't even compare