NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.4.0.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Y0!

Y0! Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    Hello, thank you for your work.

First I'd like to inform you that "NVIDIA predefined profiles CAN be restored". When you remove a profile, it writes to one of the two files: nvdrsdb0.bin or nvdrsdb1.bin (looks like half of the profiles are linked to the first file and another half - to the second one). Those files can be found in the \ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs folder. But those predefined profiles are not stored in those two files and if you remove them - all predefined profiles will be restored. You might try it yourself.

Second - there's a reason for me to try and remove all preinstalled nvidia profiles for all applications. The problem is that with your program I can only remove 1 profile at a time and after each time it jumps to the default profile so I need to press "Down" everytime, plus after I confirmed the remove it shows another window saying it's removed which I do not want to see. So please tell me how to remove several profiles at a time or even all of them without pressing all those redundant buttons?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Export nvidia format
    blank everything except base profile.
    import nvidia format.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Is the v2 limiter still working? I'm getting this with the latest Inspector and the latest driver:
    Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    nspector.Common.NvapiException: DRS_SetSetting failed: NVAPI_SETTING_NOT_FOUND
       at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.StoreDwordValue(IntPtr hSession, IntPtr hProfile, UInt32 settingId, UInt32 dwordValue)
       at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsService.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<StoreSettingsToProfile>b__0(IntPtr hSession)
       at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<DrsSession>b__0(IntPtr hSession)
       at nspector.Common.DrsSessionScope.DrsSession[T](Func`2 action, Boolean forceNonGlobalSession, Boolean preventLoadSettings)
       at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.DrsSession(Action`1 action, Boolean forceNonGlobalSession, Boolean preventLoadSettings)
       at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsService.StoreSettingsToProfile(String profileName, List`1 settings)
       at nspector.frmDrvSettings.StoreChangesOfProfileToDriver()
       at nspector.frmDrvSettings.tsbApplyProfile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    nvidiaProfileInspector
        Assembly Version: 2.3.0.10
        Win32 Version: 2.3.0.10
        CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/chocolatey/lib/nvidia-profile-inspector/tools/nvidiaProfileInspector.exe
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
        Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Latest Inspector is 2.3.0.13, you seem to be using 2.3.0.10
    There's only v3 limiter in the latest Inspector and - presumably - drivers.

PrMinisterGR likes this.

5. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Is it possible to make some kind of "template", to enable/change values for all profiles at once ?

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You can export user modified profiles only. Open the file in Notepad++ and use the Replace all function. Then re-import

Rootax likes this.
  7. adelheid

adelheid New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1050ti 2gb
    First time posting here.

Is frame rate limiter v3 cpu-level or gpu-level? (rivatuner limiter is said to be cpu-based)
    I also read from the previous pages that v3 is v1 with some tweaks

TIA

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    The render speed metering is always "CPU-based", I don't think there can be such a thing as a "GPU-based" limiter.
    Nothing's wrong with limiter v3. For VRR it's a no-brainer with NULL, thus the driver even sets it automatically. With D3D12/Vulkan, in-game limiters can have lower lag, but also can have noticable variance (not necessarily noticeable though, decide individually for each case).

9. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Anyone else noticed ANSEL cannot be disabled anymore? Previously I was just pressing "continue" at the error it was throwing, but currently doesn't work either. Created new profile, too, which wasn't throwing the error but still no avail. I'm talking specifically for War Thunder. Don't know about other games. FYI I'm using NVSlimmer with bare minimum plus the USB-C driver despite I don't have the appropriate slot. Inspector version 2.3.0.13 and drivers 471.41. The Inspector version by the other guy, 3.5.0 doesn't even mention ANSEL.

PS Anyone knows an other solid way to disable the maΦaker?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    tc0566 likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can still be disabled.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Is not Nvidia Low latency mode and and max perrender frames in inpsector the same? or are the separate now? I thought low latency mode "on" is 1 to prereneder max frames. so should 1 prerendered max frames be "on" in low latency mode in nvcp?

I was just looking at NVCP and changing inspector pre rendered max frames does not change NVCP for low latency mode do they not do the same thing or are the diffrent?

Edit
    I redowload and 2.3.0.13 and let override things most setting stand same but not the "maximum pre rendered frames" that all got reverted to defaults for everything and now changing Low Latency mode to on in NVCP flips "Maximum pre rendered frames" to default or 1 in inspector. before it did not such thing? so I assuming what ever issue i was have is now fixed cause tag low latency mode in NVCP did not change anything in inspector before and it does now?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  12. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    Mayby inspector should be updated as per r470 nvapi as far as I know it uses r460 now. It would be nice to refresh it.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    might be nice then again i am still using 466.11 when did the 471 api even start? assuming march of 2021?

14. EnthusiastX

EnthusiastX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Yeah, it would be great if NVidia Inspector got an updated to support some new features, like the Ultra Low Latency.

15. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    I seem to remember that one of the last updates was to remove those options due to compatibility problems because in previous versions you could even edit the sharpness filter and with the last version it was removed.

16. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMIN
    Care to explain how? nvidia Profile Inspector can't do it. Hitting continue does not change the setting. The config app no longer exists.

nvida profile.jpg

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_af191495570c6c08\NvCamera\NvCameraEnable.exe off
    Not sure if the nv_disp.inf_amd64* folder has the same name, just browse to it and replace the folder name.

Found this registry entry as well...

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel]
    "IPCenabled"="0"
    "FreestyleEnabled"="False"

18. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    . So renaming the NvCamera folder within removes the overlay in games and solves all the issues.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Replacing the nv_disp* folder name with what ever yours got to run the command should solve it, not renaming the folder itself.

20. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    Running the command can be made to run. But it doesn't actually turn anything off. Renaming the folder was the only option that actually works. I don't want or need an overlay that is well know for causing issues.