NVIDIA GeForce 496.49 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 26, 2021.

1. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    It's not that, the mouse sensitivity feels completely different inside Windows itself and when gaming when using the DCH version of the drivers compared to Standard. There are also more issues with stuttering and lag. It's not that using a DCH Driver directly reduces one's skill at aiming... that's why you can go back to a Standard Driver and aim just fine.

Rather, the DCH Driver just makes your inputs feel different. The difference is similar in away to how input feeles when going from Nvidia Low Latency Mode set to "Ultra" or using Nvidia Reflex set to "On+Boost", then swapping back Nvidia Low Latency Mode set to "Off" and Nvidia Reflex set to "Disabled". The mouse movements feel more sluggish on DCH Drivers, or if not sluggish, there is a noticable change in the way that your mouse responds when you move the cursor. This occurs both in the desktop and in-game.

I have no idea why this occurs, but I personally wonder if this is not somehow linked to the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store that come with DCH Drivers?

Under Windows 10 Settings in the Privacy Tab I do have "Background Applications" set to disabled, as having that set to on causes an inherent decrease in performance when gaming.

The normal Nvidia Control Panel that comes in Standard Drivers doesn't have to be downloaded, and isn't connected to the Microsoft Store. However... when you install the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store during the DCH Driver installation, the Nvidia Control Panel pops up under this "Background Applications"?

Since Nvidia has never said that we must allow the NVCP to be set to run in the background when using the DCH Driver, in order for the DCH Driver to work correctly... I'd left all of the background options disabled entirely. Including when I used the DCH Drivers.

Could this be related to why there are issues with the DCH Driver compared to the Standard Driver?

There's definitely a larger difference than most of you lead on, as the DCH Driver causes a lot of changes to how the Nvidia Control Panel is distributed & functions.

Could that alone not be the cause of the numerous issues with the DCH Driver?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is no change to IO input latency for dch drivers, you have a psychological issue going on.

3. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    You don't need to write a wall of text every time to reiterate how woefully confused you are about a non-issue.

4. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    @PeskyPotato Dude, you're dangerously clueless, even my dog knows by now that before you install a new driver, you DISABLE the internet otherwise the WINDOWS default is to install the Nvidia Control Panel from MS. With internet disabled you will ALWAYS get the original NCP from Nvidia! And always do a clean install and not a upgrade.

5. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    - [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]

Having crash issue as mentioned. no fix yet??

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just in case, NVCP from MS Store is the same original app from NVIDIA.

@PeskyPotato
    All binaries are the same in standard and in DCH drivers. Only differences are in inf-files.

7. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
  8. richto

richto Guest

GPU:
    2 x 7900GX2 GTX DUOs in Quad SLi
    Does this work on Windows 11 Dev, and if so any comparisons to 510.31 ?

9. richto

richto Guest

GPU:
    2 x 7900GX2 GTX DUOs in Quad SLi
    Windows 7 is less secure than Windows 10 in numerous ways, there is more to security than just patches. Not to mention Windows 10 is faster too.

And unlike Linux, Windows 10 generally just works, and when you do have to fix something you wont get RSI from typing to do it.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't, but thanks for playing.

no it isn't, but thanks for playing.

AntiSnipe likes this.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Well, if Power Limit and/or GPU Frequency are higher than reference it can help to adjust those down to match reference.
    Some AIB cards are simply unstable out of the box with their higher than reference values, never experienced such until 20 series cards.
    And brand doesn't even matter, it can be a card from the best brand in the world and still run with values that don't match up.

12. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This is my feedback, driver is ok, same as 496.13 but minus 1-3 fps in game ;)

13. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Driver working great for me on Win 10 21H1, have not come across any issues in a multitude of games with different engines. DLSS/Ray Tracing/DSR/PhysX/Shader Cache all working as they should. Image quality is good. No crashes, weird snow, youtube stutter, mouse latency.

Just a standard 75Hz refresh rate/1080p user here hooked up via HDMI.

As always, if any issues arise I will be back to moan with the rest of you :) but for now Nvidia I'm a happy gamer.

14. exdhawk

exdhawk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3
    i removed the gfe and my other monitor and still flicker if a go back to driver 472.12 i don't have the problem anymore.

15. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    You know you can download the latest version of windows from ms . Litrally rip off the iso services and telemetry you do not want and repack the iso then use your windows 7 key ... And tada telemetry free win 10 and legal ! There are also some packs that the community makes /projects you can use their isos too with your cd key, I presented the other option first since it is the onlyone 100% guaranteed to be malware free !

AntiSnipe likes this.

16. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It seems it can give them emotional distress when something is different than they are used to - they become limp, can't perform... ;)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    Passus likes this.
  17. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    They took out the cache setting out of these drivers. So I wonder if call of duty black ops still crashes?

No they didn't took out the cache setting , Black ops working fine here :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    big ROBOT bill likes this.
  18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes they works fine on Windows 11 DEV ,I notice no difficulties over here cache settings
    working fine too

19. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    These are good for me and Cold War

20. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Everything is working as it should, including Black Ops Cold War... :)

So, I guess that my system wasn't so degraded, was it? ;)