Gigabyte AORUS FO48 U 48-inch 4K Gamin monitor with 120Hz OLED

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Too big, 32 Inch would be perfect.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    48 inch is not gaming monitor , it's gaming TV.

Valken likes this.
  4. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    Its only too big for a conventional setup. If you have a gaming chair + 5.1 (or more setup) you might be sitting back far enough that this is actually usable.

I use a 43 inch in the center of my workstation setup and its great for running 4K with no font scaling. I think 48 would be too much for my setup unless I was sitting back a bit further.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    If i mount a monitor to the wall i can sit 110 CM away from the screen behind my 80 CM deep desk.

And i already tested with a small TV that 32 Inch is the maximum comfortable size at that distance.

6. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Meh. I've got a 55" OLED TV mounted on the wall behind my desk. Works great as a monitor. Windows and most game UIs are scaled for console play now, and the few that aren't scaled out of the box usually have a UI scaling option in the settings. There's no reason not to use a large display anymore unless you are too space limited to be able to do so.

Valken likes this.
  7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Can you touch the display in your seating position?

8. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    This reminds me of my 50" Pioneer Kuro 500M from 2008. ...Basically the best picture quality you could buy in a 50" Plasma monitor with insane black levels, & response times. Only this is 120Hz, vs 60 (well 72 if you were watching a 24fps movie w/no judder).

Valken likes this.
  9. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Using a 48” c1 at the moment, literally night and day difference to a normal monitor, due to the contrast and motion clarity. Some games, it completely transforms the experience, esp. 3rd person games. I never thought much of tomb raider but now its awesome. I still have a monitor that I use in combo with the oled, but for many games (less so twitch shooters due to the size) the oled is unbeatable, feels like i’m in the future, now. Keep in mind though you really do need good distance from it.

When we get 32” oled tv’s and or monitors I’ll be in heaven, immediate buy. One display to rule them all!

Just hope burn-in gets completely resolved sooner rather than later, even though its hard to achieve unless you’re desktop and spreadsheet surfing in big amounts.

Valken likes this.
  10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    My current "monitor" is 6 cm less in width but at 1080p. That 48" is DIAGONAL, not horizontal.

Sitting arms length away, I think this would be perfect for in your face racing, flight or space sim gaming, next to high res VR. Also, you can split screen and have 4 players on a couch double arms length away. Imagine emulating consoles with split screen coop play or even old school gaming.

55-80" should be further way for cinema viewing or sitting about 3-4 arms length way for desktop use.

For the money, high refresh OLED 4K large screen is a bargain compared to those "gaming" monitors.

11. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    ^^

12. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    lol, how many here think they are the ones determining what others want..
    just because its "too big" for you, doesnt mean its for others.

im running a 50in on my desk, not used as tv (e.g. sitting "back" ) BS,
    so yeah..

and funny how many think they know what the best distance is,
    ignoring the fact that its more connected to ppi screen size/res ratio,
    and the type of content/use, rather than what ppl prefer personally..

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Valken and Venix like this.
  13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    +10000000000000 from me ! The best distance is the one you enjoy personally !