NVIDIA GeForce 496.13 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Marcorelle

Marcorelle Member

GPU:
    thanks for this information, I really hope the next driver will solve this issue.
    actually going back to 472.12 and no problem at all.

2. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Lots of people on the Warzone sites reporting this as well, 496.13 having lower frame rates and crashing within warzone.

3. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    Dont say that you might hurt someones feelings.....:)

But jokes aside its a very complicated peace of software, this driver is not bad it brings alot of interesting stuff for me its a good driver have good performance, i use alot of games the only issue that poped up is the error on call of duty black ops cold war

cheers

4. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Just went back to the 457.51's, performance has gone way up and you can use Sharpen in the Nvidia control panel again without using Geforce Experience for Warzone

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    So many moaners in this forum

I wish I had stayed with AMD cause some of you are absolute turds on society

for the 4th time this driver is fine after you delete the damn nvcache folder

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    xD

7. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Also DDUing once in a while is best option as i do mostly all the time to make sure its an fresh start, sometimes even fresh windows install would help once in a while, nothing to loose if the PC is just for gaming anyways

Netherwind and Passus like this.
  8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Well to me thats all in a basic install I always DDU each driver yeah

I have a system i made up where i can reinstall windows and have it back in the same state it was in like 10 mins

I also have docs folders and pics music ect on a different drive than C:\

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Emotional? lol random

And WTF has my stance on a vax got to do with anything?

wow just wow

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ignore him, hes salty because his gpu is a ticking timebomb.

11. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    call of duty black ops cold war - Issue fixed with 496.49

496.13 kills the game its the driver that brings that error period if the game has this or that nobody cares, ppl only care if works and with 496.13 the issue comes up , 496.49 does not

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There was no change in 496.49 for the CoD issue, like has been told to you countless times the issue was a randomly occuring shader generation glitch that could happen on any system at any time where a fringe instability or bitflip occured.

all that 496.49 did was result in the shaders rebaking.

until Activision resolves the fault on the game client, any time the shaders rebake, its just going to be swapping around people that have the access violation.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Might be what ever that was added for COD Vanguard, guess they use close to the same engine?

14. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    i heard you the first time, thing is installing 496.13 the issue remains installing 496.49 issue goes way, did not have the time to test in all other systems but for now on 2 if them on 496.49 every thing is alright

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    optimisations are split by process name, anything added for vanguard will exclusively affect vanguard.

theres no additions to the coldwar profile.

Correction, there is 3 new fields added to almost every cod profile, these are not unique to cod though, a number of other games have them too

I recognise the hex though, these are setting particular optimizations to disabled.

Setting ID_0x106d5cff = 0x00000000
    and
    Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011

That said, i haven't installed the drs bins properly, so the task that the driver performs on db's that makes them grow from 1.7MB to 2.1MB might make a difference to what im seeing. (i believe post install it uses the drsupdater and pulls more profiles down)

Edit:
    As i thought, these isn't any additions to the profiles, it seems nvidia doesn't actually ship the complete profile set with the driver, the drs binary that can be unpacked from the setup and expanded is outdated.

the driver bundled one expands to 1.7MB and when exported to a text file a lot of lines are out of date, when the driver service starts it actually updates this file to 2.1MB in size and removes the lines i thought were new

any faulty shader that cod makes and stores will end up in the %localappdata%\D3DSCache\ and possibly Dx_Cache if nvidia actually is putting dx12 shaders there.

Heres the profile for BO:CW
    [​IMG]
    And the one for Vanguard
    [​IMG]
    Left is 496.49 profile, right is 496.13 profile.

Btw:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-grd-feedback-thread-released-102621/3157127/

its like i said, just random in occurrence, random in working.

if you clear all the shader caches and had the game redo them, it could very well start occuring on 496.49, i'd say just leave it the hell alone and play the game and don't try to prove me right XD

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021

16. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    I always DDU before installing new drivers and clear nvcache still have same issues on some drivers though.

@Astyanax don't you mean %localappdata%\D3DSCache\ and %localappadata%\NVIDIA\DXCache

I also noticed with the 493.13 driver when crash happened the GPU which is ment to have 140w draw was spiking near 200w before the crash. But the latest driver seems to have solved the crashing issue 4 rounds no crashes yet.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    To much comedy in this thread.

Stop It.

cucaulay malkin and SatsuiNoHado like this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you have a 3070? its a 220w gpu, not 140 :confused:

or are you specifically measuring Core wattage?

19. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    Mobile variant is not a 220w its a 125w with +15w Dynamic Boost, so shouldn't be pulling near 200w, Shows on both HWInfo and HWMonitor.

Before you say it yes i know i have a glorified RTX 3060/ti re-badged but its still a decent card still get 144FPS @ 1080p thats all i care about and its way faster then my old GTX 1060.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hey, a cards a card.

the boost factor might be the missing link to it all, it may not be too - some are still crashing on .49.