Microsoft promises free Flight Simulator GOTY Edition Upgrade

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I already paid basically the full price of the game by subscribing to the Gamepass thing for a few months when it came out.... then I got rid of Gamepass... and now I don't have the game any more.

So it means I am basically having to pay 2 x price for the game. And I'm not going to.

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Or renew game pass?

4. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    That's what happens when you do something silly like using Gamepass

5. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    sure I'll renew and make the same mistake again - and end up paying a fortune and still not permanently owning the game.

Exactly... fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice... shame on me

6. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I tried Flight Simulator for a week or so, but in no way would I consider it a game.
    It takes itself very seriously which is what the flight sim community wants and expects.
    Personally, I got bored because there isn't any actual gaming to be had in my opinion, it's a sim pure and simple, whereas if I had a genuine interest in flying I can see how much more I would get from learning the aircraft controls, procedures, the garmin systems, the other autopiloting systems, all of the different approaches etc.

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @geogan was gamepass just for flight simulator ? I thought the appeal of it was the whole bundle witch is good if you where planning to play the games and never return to em again.

Yeah i find it super boring too , this is mostly for people that just like to fly , i think it falls down the category of , you either like it or not :p , now if they make a mod where i can jerry rig 30mm cannons to boings and have air mad max style fights ..you would have my attention !

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  8. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB

Yeah, right, the problem is

for gamers it is very boring..... and

for a so called flight simulator it is still a game...

Venix likes this.
  9. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yes I got it just for Flight Simulator - no interest in anything else on there at all - I think an awful lot of people did... and Microsoft knew this.... they really emphasized the fact that this new greatest ever flight sim was available for "only" €9.99 on Gamepass, instead of having to pay €60 - €100+ or what ever the full cost was upfront - they knew what they were doing.

Venix likes this.