3090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Oh no. Ouch.

2. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    That's how I play this game also. The visuals are outstanding. My res is 4K. I do see framerate dips in the crowded corridor section by the Ripperdoc. With my settings maxed out in the NCP and ingame the framerate can drop to as low as 32-33 fps. If I drop the resolution to 1440p I'm over 60fps consistently. The game is still gorgeous at 1440p but their is a visual piece of eye candy that makes Cyberpunk pop in 4K lol. It makes me stay there.

@Mufflore What framerate are you experiencing in that famous frame killing section? The corridor with the false prophet yelling in the crowd that has the cyber strippers dancing in the 3 level windowed building.

3. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    In regard to CP2077, the Reflections resolution is tied to output resolution, so 4K DLSS Performance provide more RT Reflections than 1440p Native, looks better and run better too.

https://imgsli.com/NzQ5NDc

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  4. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Thanks @Krizby. Are you choosing to play on performance because of the increased framerate while gaming at 4k? I tried but my eyes have become so spoiled with DLSS on quality lol. I know I should turn a few notches down in the NCP but gaming at the very highest settings is the reason I chose a 3000 series card. lol

I must admit I'm more of a video junkie than a framerate junkie. The visuals are outstanding on OLED.

I just wish the 3090 was powerful enough to keep the framerate above 65-70 fps @4k max settings and DLSS on quality.

5. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I play CP2077 @ 4K DLSS Performance (ver 2.2.11) with the Sharpen+ filter in GFE Overlay, IMO it looks better than 4K DLSS Quality (without using Sharpen+)

I also have the OLED CX48, that's why I prefer a bit more sharpness because of the low PPI.

I made some comparison video and some people mistook the 4K DLSS Performance with Sharpen+ as Native :rolleyes:

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    What you are seeing there is raytracing breaking without the use of dlss with newer builds of the game.

With the original build, native res reflections looks tons better than dlss.

TheDigitalJedi and Krizby like this.
  7. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Wow that's true, so DLSS is actually looking better than Native atm LOL

https://imgsli.com/NzQ5ODc
    120% higher FPS and better visual, CDPR really dislike non-RTX owners :rolleyes:. The RT Reflection is looking much better in this build compare to before too (with DLSS of course)

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Honestly i think they just had non-dlss use of raytracing as lowest priority to fix, on a very long list of stuff to fix... but yeah, without dlss there is missing alot of reflections and lighting with raytracing enabled :)

9. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Wow @Krizby great job! The differences are minimal but yet you've gained tons of performance.

Are you speaking of the sharpen filter within the Nvidia Control Panel?

10. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    @Dragam1337 @Krizby

If you don't mind. Can you please share your NCP settings and ingame settings? I have all settings maxed due to the image quality but of course I'm taking a hit on performance.

My NCP settings are pictured on the previous page.

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    No the Sharpen+ filter is only available in the Geforce Experience overlay for now (Alt + Z to toggle the overlay). This filter cost more FPS than the Sharpen filter in NVCP (10-15%FPS) but it looks much better and no ringing artifact.
    filter.png

My NVCP settings are left at default, in-game settings are maxed out (except Chromatic, motion blur, Depth of Field, Film grain are OFF) and lastly DLSS Performance

12. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    @Krizby

Thanks Guru. I'm going to play with my settings some more. I cranked everything so high but I need to calm down a little. LOL. Cyberpunk is the only game I own that slows down my 3090. All my other games play ultra smooth with everything maxed out. (RDR2 can make it crawl if the scaling is too high)

Krizby likes this.
  13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This filter is also capable of doing great work with texture clarity too, even if you don't want the "everywhere sharp" look. It's really great.

TheDigitalJedi and Krizby like this.
  14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Just curious if you've updated your OLED firmware yet? My CX is all set but the C9 is looking to be shunned. It's sad due to its capabilities and being an HDMI 2.1 television. The 3090 is running extremely well with the latest firmware for LG.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have the latest official one (05.10.25 I think), and zero issues.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RTX 3090 Ti / Super to be release on Q1 2022 , 450w tdp out of the box , full fat chip , a lot faster gddrx6 memory confirmed , to fight the radeon RT 6900xtxh. Google it guys. Imagine the Asus Strix RTX 3090 Ti / Super , shunt moded and evc2 for voltage control 700w in no time upload_2021-10-21_16-59-5.gif , it will be a very hot gpu. Me wants it anyways

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8231...ti-q1-2022-release-uses-450w-power/index.html

17. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I do wonder how EVGA will cope with that for the FTW3. 4 slot coolers now?

18. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    That is indeed a monster of a card. This card coupled with the 12900k, DDR5 memory and a solid Z690 mobo with be a PC enthusiast dream. As of now we are consistently playing last generation games that run and look better on PC hardware. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Forza 5 will be one of the first current generation titles that will give AMD 6000 and RTX 3000 series GPUs a true test of their abilities.

The results will be interesting to see. The price of this card.....I don't want to even think about it.

19. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Yesterday evening I witnessed graphic glitches for the first time. There were small dots and small squares all over my screen. My first thought was oh fudge not my GPU! I immediately check my temps and everything looked normal. 38c on the CPU and 35c on the GPU. I did notice some CPU and GPU frequency spikes so I checked programs running in the background. I didn't witness anything out of the ordinary.

Once I rebooted my system everything was fine. Nothing negative to report today. I just dislike the fact that I witnessed this at all.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    How's this different from a 3090 with 450W TDP and actually cooled GDDR6X memory? The memory part especially, it's literally a non overclock if you have it at +800 with temps below 95C. Seems like they just want an excuse to basically sell the same hardware with better thermal pads for the memory for +500$ more.

k3vst3r likes this.