Windows 11 Insider Builds

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by WhiskeyOmega, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Finally decide join back Windows Insider Program but this time I choose only Release Preview Channel.
    Latest Beta / Release Preview Channel 22000.282 confirmed Fixed the AMD Ryzen CPU L3 Cache Latency Issue. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What is the L3 cache used for?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    victim cache

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I updated this on my Retal Windows 11 pro. Gaming performance is very good :)

L3 read and write looks a bit low, but latency is ok
    Aida64 retail after patch.png

Cpu benchmark in Tombraider: Higher than ever before :)
    [​IMG]

---------------------------
    If you want to install this manually without being in the RP/Beta channels download this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhDpr_05rtbxxF5Rn3QhNJr30Deo?e=oRY7tz

This includes the .cab/.psf update files along with a script that installs them.

(sources: https://github.com/abbodi1406/BatUtil/tree/master/W10UI and UUP dumped files)

All you have to do is download the .zip file, extract the contents, run the .CMD and point it to the updates folder I included, and let it install the updates.

PhazDelta and Andrewtst like this.

5. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    22478 is Dev Channel build, it is means to be buggy and can be extremely not stable.

For daily usage PC is not encourage install Dev Channel Build.

chinobino likes this.
  6. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I did an upgrade from the Windows page and I am highly impressed so far. Everything looks nice and sharp and everything works a treat, including my Dolby Atmos. I was a bit worried about having an AMD CPU but Timespy was better than usual and Cold War was fine

DannyD likes this.
  7. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Let wait patches release from AMD as well, probably will getting even better result. :)

PhazDelta and big ROBOT bill like this.
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So I've been trying out Start11, and i really like it. create different pages with shortcuts, and also add shortcuts to the power button. (I placed control panel and recycle bin there for instance, so i could get rid of the icon on the desktop).
    Also i set the taskbar and start menu more transparent. oh and you can resize the start menu , so make it as big as you want.

[​IMG]

Chastity, Mineria, PhazDelta and 2 others like this.
  9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah, it's really nice. That's how it should have been in Windows 11 to begin with.

I just wish there was an option where clicking on "All apps" would open the Windows 7- style All Programs list with neatly organized nested folders instead of the alphabetically ordered yet chaotic Apps list.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    WhiteLightning likes this.
  10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Tried out Start11 yesterday, Windows 11 acts a bit bugged after a while, like slow at starting up programs etc.
    Probably some of Start11's shell integrations that need to be fixed, as I recall Start10 had about the same issues when it was released.
    Tbh. I don't really understand why MS doesn't give all these options and more, not that it needs to be like Linux, but Linux has tons of desktop GUI options making it way more customizable.

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    best five bucks i spent this month.

DannyD likes this.
  12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Did you update to 0.91?

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I did check for update after installation and authorization, so was on the latest.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Some of the updates require manual installation, this is why I ask. Check Stardock's Forum for more info

15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE

16. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Amazon Appstore Preview is released! for Beta Channel user.

Beware this break VMware Workstation even the latest version 16.2.0, I can't find the solution yet beside uninstall this Amazon Appstore.

Also this Amazon Appstore will turn on VBS, if you are the gamer, VBS impact to games performance.

I am speechless! Only Games!
    The only not games is BBC Sounds & Flight Tracker 24.

The good thing is you can direct open the apps after install.

VPN required if you stay outside of US, or change your amazon.com region to US.

It still need more polish, it is kind of lagging for the Amazon Appstore. I try Subway Suffers. can play but not very smooth, some frame drops issue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  17. I need a reality check; are people really content with using an OS where you have to manually acquire an update from a random source to fix a performance issue that Microsoft already fixed over a month ago in their arbitrary Dev channel? And even spending money on 3rd-party utilities to fix a Start menu that Microsoft decided to remake again without implementing basic customization ability?

It's bad enough that people have to even try to justify the CPU performance issue. It's a proven issue on Ryzen with numbers to back it up on all Zen architectures, and both Microsoft and AMD have even admitted they know the issue. People are still downplaying it though and even asking if their CPU is somehow the one and only Ryzen CPU to not be affected.

What is Windows 11 offering to make any of that sound sensible? As far as I can see on-paper, it's not offering performance benefits anywhere (compared to a properly configured Windows 10 install). Nothing is using DirectStorage, and prior to very recently (today?) the Android subsystem wasn't even implemented. Do I have some misunderstandings somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2021
  18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    The new Storage Stack improves NVMe SSD performance quite a bit, some games that took really long to load before load much quicker now. Games in 4k seem to run a couple of FPS better for me as well. Also, Windows Mixed Reality Performance seems to be better (in addition to the WMR Quality of Life options that Windows 11 has and have been sorely lacking in Windows 10...for whatever reason).

That said, I agree that the Ryzen fix should have been hotfixed in day one and that the Start Menu needs to be customizable (at the very least freely resizable and the "Recommended" section hidable and used for more icons) and the new right-click menu and other questionable UI changes should be optionally revertable, too.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  19. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    reality check is, you got windows 11 for free, you get what you're given, its what you make of it that counts, there are always other options.

DannyD likes this.
  20. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021