NVIDIA GeForce 496.13 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 12, 2021.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Doesn't mean calling some functions on one driver can't be slower than on others, so how many extra sausages for a driver are appropriate for a game developer to implement.
    RDR2 Vulkan is a bit troublesome on Nvidia too with regards to slight corruption (black flickering), yet it runs fine on RADV driver...

Not wanting to bash the Nvidia driver on Windows, I'm overall content and still don't want a Radeon back. Yet you can always do better. :)

2. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    These are dch drivers too, nothing wrong with dch drivers, get used to different driver packages and changes in distributions stop wining

Passus likes this.
  3. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes true ,but it downloads the MS CP too if you disagree the MS cp will be disabled and uses Nvidia CP after disagreeing

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Very good drivers for my configuration. Performance went up a little and no problems to report. Installed on a fresh w11 OS using rtx 3090 connected via hdmi to a Samsung ks8000 4k hdr 65" tv, the games that i am currently playing run smooth as butter - Forza Horizon 4 / Cybepunk2077 / Wreckfest / RDR2.

No biggie here with the MS CP as it works the same as the old Nvidia control panel so i dont understand what's all this fudge about it :confused: , is about time they remove that option and people need to get used to the new dch only drivers going forward with W11 OS .

OnnA likes this.

5. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    This drivers performance in synthetic benchmarks on Pascal cards is pretty good.

Xtreme512 and chispy like this.
  6. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    And other files from NGXCore are now included in "nodejs" folder. I dont have GFE but NGXUpdater.exe seems to run every time I open a DLSS supported game. So its not bound to GFE I guess?

7. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    Some are saying DX12 perf. is now good in this driver and even BFV micro-stutters are gone. Well I gave it a shot, indeed DX12 is now very smooth in BFV but seldomly I get frametime spikes. Then again its a good driver, but I went back to DX11 for BFV.

Other reason for that is, ray tracing in BFV is very bugged, frametime spikes got better but its very demanding even for 3070Ti in 2K and tuning it down to LOW RT doesn't make much difference in FPS. Playing it in 140% res. scale is much better IQ and perf.

8. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    BFV in DX12 mode at least "used to" have shader compilation stutter -- I'd play through a level once and it'd stutter constantly, then replaying it all those stutters were gone.

I haven't tried it for quite sometime, but here's hoping it's been fixed.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just in case, do not call it "MS CP". It is the same (uwp) NVCP just distributed through MS Store.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    chispy likes this.
  10. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Was it because of the limit cache size allotted to previous drivers or is it just a dx12 thing?

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Did this GPU come with your laptop or did you add it as an add-in card? Have you tried updating the BIOS for your notebook?

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks for the additional info Would you mind answering the following questions?

1. What GPU make and model exactly do you own?
    2. What monitor or monitors are connected to your GPU and how are each of the monitors connected (displayport/HDMI/etc.)?
    3. Any repeated method to produce the squares (eg. after exiting a game)?

13. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Hi Manuel,
    (I realize the prior post was for VMax Tuner but I thought I'd also provide some granularity/data points to help)

1. What GPU make and model exactly do you own? ----- 4x 3090 FE RTX, bios - 94.02.4B.00.0B - 4 cards in two PCs. Issue occurs with and without nvlink/sli, and issue occurs even when only one card is in the PC.
    2. What monitor or monitors are connected to your GPU and how are each of the monitors connected (displayport/HDMI/etc.)? ---- Asus PA32UCG-K (on PC1) and Asus PA32UCX-K (on PC2). Both plugged in with DP 1.4
    3. Any repeated method to produce the squares (eg. after exiting a game)? ------ the artifacts can be reproduced in 2D mode on the actual desktop. A smaller app, such as the control panel being opened, will cause squares on the left side of the smaller window. The artifacts come and go, without any particular event to trigger - other than opening a sub window. I have not seen the artifacts in any #d app/game

Reverting to prior driver, removes all occurrence of the artifacts.

I tried to get the dump file per instructions but it didn't work. Could be the absence of a page or the amount of ram (1.5 TB) or something else.

I included a picture

Attached Files:

14. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    i already tried too many things about these games in the past none of them worked..
    afai remember ;
    clean os without any tweak with default os settings..
    default nvidia driver without slimming with default settings..
    default mobo settings without any oc
    even huge amount of underclock gpu/mem frequency with default voltages with or w/o power limit
    no use of any third party soft (after burner/riva tuner or reshade vs..)
    lowest graphics in game settings
    used fullscreen or borderless fullscreen
    disabled FS optimization
    verified game files
    moved game folder to another hard drive
    even manually increased page file to 32GB
    so whatever i did for these games have always given me random crashes in dx12 5 to 45 minutes..
    now im on windows 11 when wd legions gives crash while using dx12 there is nothing even appear in event viewer...?

however i didnt get even a single crash in dx12 for instance ROTTR, SOTTR, RE3Remake or RE Village more than 250 hrs of gameplay with a fully tweaked and OCed system... i havent get even a single crash or a bsod for the last 4 years for all games i played or programs i use.. only crashes or bsods or freezing i got while tuning my system 4 years before that took me 2 weeks to find the rock solid stable OCed system..

there is obviously smthing wrong with ubi titles using dx12 at least on my system..using different OS builds or nvidia drivers doesnt change the result of random dx12 crashing and i have seen to many complaints about dx12 but nobody cares..
    meanwhile dx12 still searching the purpose of its existance...

15. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    That's a fancy way of saying that nVidia artificially limited overclock range to prevent users to achieve better performance for free.

16. SesioNLive

SesioNLive Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    @ManuelG

I'm having this issue on Windows 11, where Call of Duty: Warzone does crash randomly once in a while (per day), it freezes for x seconds and then closes.
    This issue started after a fresh install of Windows 11. On Windows 10 my Warzone hasn't crashed once for a year.
    I didn't change anything but Windows.

I tried reinstalling game, all drivers clean install, sfc /scannow, clearing shaders cache etc. without success.
    I'm close to going back to Windows 10 because of this annoying issue.

Also I'm using Geforce Experience filters in-game.
    (Sharpen and details)

My specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    MB: X570 AORUS MASTER rev v1.2
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB RAM (F4-3800C14D-32GTZN)
    GPU: NVIDIA 3090 FE 24GB
    SOUND: Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res 130dB 32bit / 384 kHz
    PSU: Corsair RM1000i

My pc is fully stable, no WHEA or anything alike, running PRIME95. OCCT or y-cruncher is stable np, no windows crashes either. (Windows EventLog is error free)

Maybe this is a gpu driver issue.

Is such an issue known? What does the debug mode in nvidia control panel do? How can I check if this is a gpu driver issue?

Warzone doesn't seem to offer any logs whatsoever.

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you. In the meantime, could you send me the dispdiag log file from your PCs as described in the same FAQ? You can email them to driverfeedback@nvidia.com.

18. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Out of sudden I am having ridiculous amount of crashing in FC6 when overclocking/undervolting. Those same settings were fine for two days, but now I'm seeing message "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in Event Viewer.

19. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    with DX12 ?

20. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Seeing lots of 0xC0000005 (memory related, probably something connected to the shader cache) errors in Black Ops Cold War while using this driver.

Reverting to 472.12 solves this issue entirely.