New Windows 11 Patch Worsens Ryzen L3 Cache Latency, AMD Announces Fix Dates

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 13, 2021.

1. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    This. Microsoft's new OS releases usually need some big patches to get them up to scratch. Win 98 2nd ed, XP sp1 patch and so forth

2. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    My work PC is still on Windows 7 :D

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Me after upgrading all systems just to 20H2 standing like a boss :)

itpro and cucaulay malkin like this.
  4. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    You are not the only one who thinks so ' , many complaints , I think many do not know how to put their hand on a PC .

5. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I see all the new w11 bios have mostly been released. I wonder if they effect CPU performance.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Updated my x570 gigabyte f36d bios with w11 support but no difference in performance.

SatsuiNoHado and vestibule like this.
  7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I don't mind beta testing when you know you are beta testing. I did a lot of beta testing when I was younger. I recall beta testing this piece of junk game called World Of Warcraft(I hated the beta so much I never did buy it lol). Windows 11 is obviously beta quality being shoved to the public like its golden. It is like XP or Vista in that regard. I do think Windows 11 might turn out like XP its just most should stay away from it for a 6 months or so to let the teething issues get resolved just like most should have waited for XP SP1.

8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    they get everyone and their dog to install this garbage, then gather all the data they can, run it through some crappy analysis and decide which bugs to fix, rather than just providing an iso and a place to report bugs, the quality of that kind of feedback must be 1000X better than what they get now, and they probably would have 1/10000th the stuff to sift through too.

Embra and itpro like this.
  9. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    I think it lends even more credence to the dirty tricks played by Intel throwing money and programmers at MS to ensure there new CPU looks better than the competition by hamstringing the competition, it also speaks volumes about the stupidity or willingness of the MS team to take a massive bung!
    Typical Intel they never change if you cant beat them fairly then go round the back and pay someone else to do it

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They do provide an ISO and a place to report bugs. Problem is, the bug reports lack the kind of detail they used to contain. Problem is, MS has always taken bug reports as a joke. WinXP, upon release, was in just as bad a shape as Beta 1 was....yet, we went through 2 beta releases and 2 release candidates... There were thousands of bug reports filed for both betas but MS didn't seem interested in addressing any of them. Compared to WinXP at launch, W11 is perfect....

I'm not seeing any performance loss at all personally. In fact, all of my benchmark runs are within the margin of error.... If there was something done intentionally, it would be affecting everyone.

11. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I believe I'm seeing some issues in CPU bound agent simulations (Transport Fever 2 for example). Unfortunately, such niche titles rarely have any effective way of benchmarking performance. Difficult to rule out confirmation bias, and I don't have another AMD system to compare with.

12. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    fair enough, though I would still argue that considering the ecosystem they have now, the fact that such a major bug can make its way into retail on a platform they claim to "support", is pretty inexcusable, its not like its some esoteric hardware configuration that's effected, its nearly half of all the new pcs that they intend to ship to/with.

back in the xp days they had alot more weird (and buggy) hardware configurations to deal with, and much less information about them ,less staff, so It was more forgivable imo.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They also had thousands of beta testers filing dozens of extremely well detailed bug reports near hourly on some days....and yet, the retail release was in just as bad a shape as Beta 1 was.... Even Beta 2, RC1 and RC2 were far more stable than what was actually released. RC1 and RC2 were "feature complete"....so there's zero excuse for the retail release being less stable. It felt like MS took all of our hard work and said "screw it, we're shipping Beta 1 as retail".....

14. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    You try telling me because I won't take part for Microsoft BS passport for new equipment, I am not enthusiast. Show me your insider skills. PS. I won't even need to post my XBOX profile, it is even more huge than this one. Until I buy a new rig with Windows 11 next year, I won't upgrade any system in workspace, ministry or university, before 2025. Only new rigs. Keep your enthusiasm for your wallets guys and gals. I am a CS guy.

Attached Files: