I'm going to be a grandfather!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Airbud, May 10, 2021.

1. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    “A good speech should be like a woman's skirt; long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.”

: Airbud 2021....:D

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    @Raserian
    I understand what you're trying to say... Let me try to explain myself why I've wrote that what I've wrote earlier. My family is slavic by nationality, we're a bit... let just say different. Can't explain that feeling but first born child for us is always something special, not that we're not happy when first born child is a girl, far from that, I'm sure 20 years ago it would be the same "complete party madness" in our backyard with one small difference: my dad and my mother in law would be climbing onto tree because of "lost bet" lol The only difference when it comes to slavic people is that when first born is a boy, that night while celebrating father himself and grandfather are a bit more: crazy and relaxed :) I'll explain, at least try to...

Speaking for myself when I was 20 years younger it wasn't matter much for me if it's gonna be a boy or a girl but... But as times passes by and we, talking strictly about males, make a slow transition from that lets call it "we are parents" group of people to "we're gonna become a grandparents soon" group it becomes more evident that we're glad to see our family name continues to live after one day we went out of this world. Just can't explain that feeling, it's hard coded in our DNA, you have to live with people here for a while to understand what I'm talking about, to understand those tears of joy and happyness in the eyes of your father when he realise he's gonna get a first male grandchild, his blood continues to live long after he'll be gone. It's just that "burden lifted off my shoulders" felling, hard to describe it to someone raised in completely different culture.

When my wife and me were making a plans for kids backthen all we were thinking was: "...healty child(s) is all we want, boys or girls, doesn't matter...". For sure, no doubt about that here on my side, she had hopes that first born would be a boy, mostly because of my father, slavic DNA strikes again :) Backthen for me, honestly speaking, boy or girl for the firstborn child wasn't matter much, but my secret wish was one day to become a father of a girl, I was ready (and she was aware of that fact) to go for the 3rd, 4th even 5th child just to get a girl because girls are so rare in our family... and because of my mom, she coudn't get a daughter backthen, "just" me and my brother. Thank God on our second "attempt" :D my wife and me we were more than lucky: twins, perfectly healty girl and a boy. Now if you ask my wife she's gonny say about me: "...mission accomplished on his side, lay your weapons down dude..." :D tried to convince her to go for the 4th child hoping for one more girl but it was enough for her, way too many clones of myself around her hahaha. Can't complain really, hope we're doing our best to raise a honest people out of this kids of ours and one day enjoy our life raising our grandchildren. And we hope our grandchildren will live not far away from us, we would be sad at least to see our grandchildren growing up on the other side of planet visiting us once or twice a year or even rarer. Part of our culture here is whenever we're able to help our children to raise their children, either to take them to kindergarden or school in their early age or pick em up, take them to the doctor or to go with grandchildren to vacations, take them to the church... etc. Our parents took all of our three kids (more than few times all three of them at the same time) to their vacations all across the Serbia since they were just 1.5 years old: 12 days vacations in thermal spa's with grandchildren and our parents friends (with their grendchildren too), 2 week vacations on mountain resorts... and both my wife and me we were 100% confident kids would be just fine in our parent's hands. One day when time comes my wife and me we would do the same with our grandchildren, if our kids let us do that, hope they will....

After this wall of txt really hope I've managed to at least try explain myself and the culture most people and kids are raised in here, well at least in parts of Serbia where old family traditions are still evaluated (it sad to see in big cities here in Serbia almost all mentioned above slowly fades away). I don't mind if you don't understand and don't share the same oppinion... it's fine, really.

Don't want to "derail" Airbud's thread any further. I'm just happy because he's happy. Just wanted to share some lovely memories here with bunch of possitive people. Hope one day with same passion and smile on our face my wife and my we're gonna call my brother, my wife's brother, my best man, who knows maybe even our parents would be with us... with words: "...gather our crew, it's party tonight, we're gonna be a f%#king grandparents, woooohooooo!!!...".

In that name: cheers Airbud!

Airbud likes this.
  3. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Love you CrazY_Milojko!

the key to life is happiness...nothing is as pretty as a smile from someone you love "the word love is in there somewhere"

Love y'all...!

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  4. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Couldn't agree more, happiness is the key. Without it (and good health) everything else really doesn't matter...

Love you bro!

edit
    fckme if this above wasn't my shorthest post here on G3D :D

Gotta go, wife is waiting me at the bed ;) jk, she's sleeping for few hours like a baby, my mom's birthday ended yfew hours ago and guess who was the BBQ master for our family and our parents friends. My lady dropped like a log into the bed with belly full of my BBQ whatnot. So... no "sweets" for me tonight :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Airbud likes this.

5. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I do not need a cog in my chain
    you had me at hello 10 years ago!.

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  6. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    you're the best Dude.....I read a comment you made the other night and laugh my ass off!

please keep that attitude coming!

people are scared to say the word "Love"....
    Not me!..... I'll tell you right now I love you....the world needs more love because it fixes everything.

It really does.

PS: I won't take less than your love!

no dollar amount could ever equal Your Heart's Love..!....it's really you

JaxMacFL likes this.
  7. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    no bargaining chip is more valuable than the word: Love!....

JaxMacFL likes this.
  8. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    don't laugh at me....I lost my left eye in ....I reckon we don't need to talk about that!

JaxMacFL likes this.
  9. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Any hand can be overplayed

10. Raserian

Raserian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nothing, just some mean opinions have been presented here.
    Dude I know, I live not far from you.
    You did what?:p

11. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Hey AB, Grab it all, good while it is close, bad when it comes. It’s all LOVE, be proud, show it off!!!Grandpa!

Airbud likes this.
  12. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Congratulations on your new Journey. For those of us that were blessed to have active Grandparents, I can wholeheartedly say they are 2 of the most beloved family members.

To happy and warm times ahead. :)

Airbud likes this.
  13. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    almost here...my daughter is taking this a lot better than I am/ Lol

Jamie 2021.jpg
    Charlotte, North Carolina this past weekend.

JaxMacFL, CrazY_Milojko and mbk1969 like this.
  14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Photo of you with newborn (when he/she is ready) or it never happened!
    (I am trying to lure photo of Airbud out from him...)

CrazY_Milojko and Airbud like this.
  15. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Brasky likes this.
  17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Lol, look, he had places to go and people to see. Why are we dwelling on this? ;)

Airbud likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    A grandfather already! What an honor, gratz my man.

Airbud likes this.
  19. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Few days, week, two?

Airbud likes this.
  20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Yeah but if she has a girl wouldn’t AB7 be a Grandma? Congrats either way Bro!!!

Airbud likes this.