Activision warns cheaters something is happening today

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Oct 13, 2021.

1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Most cheaters are hardly noticeable nowadays either way, anyone who has more than 2 brain cells doesn't "rage hack" with spinbots and aimbots set to absolute maximum. Those that are spotted with naked eye will get filtered out regardless and anything beyond that is up to debate either way as you'll never really know whether someone was actually cheating or was plainly better and for the 2nd case there's no remedy, people just want to believe someone used external aid to beat them.

If someone wants an excuse to give up on a game, they'll pick any that's most convenient but the failure usually lies elsewhere, not to say that there aren't games which absolutely imploded due to cheating issues but averagely maintained game is just out there in the middle - if you can definitely tell someone hacks then undoubtedly so can anticheat and in any other case, well...

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Here it is:

It's a kernel-level anti-cheat that's launching with Warzone Pacfiic before being integrated into Vanguard.

RICOCHET Anti-Cheat's kernel-level driver operates ONLY while playing Call of Duty: Warzone on PC.
    RICOCHET Anti-Cheat's driver is not always-on.
    RICOCHET Anti-Cheat's driver monitors the software and applications that interact with Call of Duty: Warzone.
    When you shut down Call of Duty: Warzone, the driver turns off.

Source

Airbud and fluidz like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lmao, yes you can.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You can just reset it in the bios can't you?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep.

The only permanent key in a tpm is not software accessible, meaning there is no way for anticheat drivers to use it for finger printing.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Mac address ban i remeber those back in the day, way around that but not simple for most folks to do? cheating mostly rampent on pc less so on consoles but it possible.

Frankly I dont care though I hate CoD games and I dislike Activision probably the last time I like Activision was when the had Mechwarrior rights which how long ago, dont even think they made game in last 2 decades I even cared about

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ^^
    for hackers most normal joe people have no idea about any this most people that use this hack just go to web download program and run it

think the better question is the "kernal" level driver removed from system when game is removed? back in day most stuff like that was NEVER removed from system from uninstall of the game. securom / star force anyone?
    yes they really didnt "hurt" the system depending on who you ask and which side of fence you where on. but in most cases where NEVER removed when game was removed I still have files and instructions on how remove them. frack if i remeber what games used them

8. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    So OS doesn't know the key either?

9. Changing MAC address is even easier than changing TPM. You don't even have to restart your PC.

10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I doubt that any TPM will solve cheaters. The only effective solution so far was active moderation. This is why community ran servers were much better, because there was always some admin that could ban blatant cheaters. Companies though decided that these servers are bad, because eventually some people ran pirated servers and so they stopped the practice, but at the same time they don't care to provide the customer support and moderate their own servers themselves. That would cost money, so of course nothing happens.

This is just a fancy PR stunt that will change absolutely nothing. I played WoW for years and it was absolutely filled with bots the entire time, farming thousands of raw resources. It was most obvious in classic, as it didn't have sharding, and despite reporting the bots constantly for months, absolutely nothing ever happened. I hope this shows how much Activision cares about their customers or cares to stop the cheaters.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nothing will solve cheating 100%. However a good anti-cheat can do a good job in order to not encounter cheaters in EVERY lobby.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Going after the cheat makers directly is also another good way.

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Game companies have been trying to sue cheat makers, but when they are in countries that don't have much respect for international market laws, it becomes almost impossible.
    If someone is making and selling cheats out of Russia or China, it becomes very difficult to go after them.

Airbud likes this.
  14. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    How I long for the good old days of rcon and a nice big registry wipe for the hackers we saw in our counterstrike servers, so much fun to rebind their keys, open the cdrom drive slot, wipe the hd clean, then turn off their computer. all with one cmd sent with one keystroke.
    When we caught you, and we caught lots,, you were gone for good.

15. Yep I also don't think it's a good solution to go after end-users. In the end nobody will win and we will end up with totally bloated solutions which solve nothing. The term security through obscurity comes to mind almost instantly...

They should go after those guys who create and sell cheats. They usually earn a lot of money with subscriptions from their clients.

16. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Guy, going after cheat makers costs money, moderating servers costs money. So the solution is this, some crappy anti-cheat that will be defeated in a couple of months tops. Its cheap and it "shows that the company cares", at least at surface level. As I've said moderation is the only real solution here and the public servers are free solution at that. Its just companies are pissed that someone is going to copy their servers and run it 10 years later for free.

17. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This is nowhere near true any longer.

Human overseers are worse than any anti-cheat due to being many of these so-called mods are super corrupted e.g. CS: GO (Just all Steam's crap hacker/spooferware) due to these live mods usually turn dirty, FAST, and abusive to aid their friends or threatened by better gamers/teams, idiotic so-called fame, perks, etc.

It's so out of control now that these scammers, etc. have left the in-gaming on hacking/scamming gamers that they have now resorted, with confidence, has hijacked many Steam's forums with these awful practices (just go to any L4D2, etc. forum and witness this sick crap) in heavy so-called moderated hubs!

18. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
  19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well the solution is to not play on these specific servers then. Usually there were at least some nice servers with normal mods. And while community run servers might mean that some servers end up in what you describe, its still much better than blatant cheating and literally no response or solution to it. I remember getting BFV a bit later after the release and there was incredible amount of cheaters. In fact checking the forum it was one of the most common complaint, besides poor performance.

Either way, the current solution of anti cheat software is absolute garbage and does nothing. It just as well might not exist at all, because it stops no one.

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    mig_07 likes this.