Farcry 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, May 28, 2021.

1. I guess you have a different understanding of what "duplication" of data means. VRAM doesn't have any data that is required by the CPU. So there is no duplication of data in VRAM. On the other hand, system RAM has some duplicated data that are required by the GPU and not by the CPU.

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    There are things that are constantly being updated between CPU and GPU. Mostly positional data.
    And to reduce crosstalk, that reduces performance, it's necessary to have duplication of data in both pools.
    It's not like consoles would have double the vram of a PC. Could be a few hundred MB or maybe a GB of data. Depends on the game.

3. Yes, there is communication between CPU and GPU, but there are still no CPU required data in VRAM. Most of traffic between CPU and GPU is in one direction CPU->GPU. There si very little data coming the other way. And the data returning to a system ram from GPU are mostly command and function results, which are not even considered as "data". You can call them intermediate data if you wish, because what we were talking about are persistent data, which means data that stay in memory for at least one frame.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Correct, after all it's the CPU that prepares and tells the GPU what to render. Not the other way around.

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well the game looks good and plays the same as the other Far Cry games.
    So far time played it is as fun as Far Cry Primal for me,which I played 25Hours of a couple weeks ago and had a blast playing.
    That is all I can ask for in a PC game,looks good and is fun for me to play,now it just needs 20 hours plus gameplay.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Lulz, tried adding nVidia Sharpening and disabling CAS - the game didn't like that at all :D

Going to try the HD pack now although it requires 11GB of VRAM and I only have 10GB.

Tried the benchmark with SMAA which crashed the game.

Indeed GPU utilization is crazy low. CPU is around 23-25% during benchmark which is higher than usual I'd say.

7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, it seems it's impossible to play this without crashes. It crashes constantly. Nothing is overclocked atm.

Edit: Tried 2077 with RT on to load GPU to max for 20 minutes, very solid.

And uplay still is utterly awful with uploading saves and even starting the game at times.
    This-is-not-OK

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  8. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    EDIT: Again,game still crashing for me. With or without HD Textures.Game went from some fun to crap.

I have to also say the gaming is crashing for me as well. I first just thought it was maxing out Vram and crashing but lowered setting to keep with 10GB on RTX 3080 still crashing.The two times I played after lowering settings,got through 25 minutes each.Now it is unplayable crashing less than 5 minutes.Makes you wonder why the 6 month delay

Computer used if anyone interested
    ♦ CPU - Intel 10850X With MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB AIO (5000Mhz)
    ♦ GPU - Nvidia RTX 3080 ♦ RAM - G.Skill 32 GB DDR4 (CL 17 4400Mhz)
    ♦ Mobo - Asus Tuf Gaming Wifi (BIOS 2420)
    ♦ SSD - NVME SSD 1TB
    ♦ DSP - LG B9 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED G-Sync Over HDMI
    ♦ PSU - Antec High Current Pro 1200W

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Kaleid likes this.
  9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    The game is pretty fun so far. I like the humour, some scenes actually got me laughing out loud, which almost never happens for me in a video game. The cockfighting was interesting to experience.

The AI can be questionable at times. I stopped on one of the small island on the way to the first mission on the mainland; raised hell, and some guards were just standing around without a care in the world. And it kept respawning enemies for some reason, even after clearing it? Something is up on that specific island, because it hasn't happened since...

On the flip side, a sniper caught me sneaking around - I tried chasing him, he bolted and dropped about five smoke grenades at regular interval while fleeing from me. Couldn't catch the f***er. I was impressed how he used his smokes and that he actually got away.

After Far Cry 1 & 3, this character is closest to a Far Cry character imo.

pegasus1 likes this.
  10. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Love the game. :) looks & runs perfect without any reflections & other fancy stuff.
    Got my fps capped @80 and hardly got any stutters

pegasus1 likes this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Did you guys try disabling DXR Reflections and Shadows? They hardly add to the immersion anyway since a lot of reflections seem to use the old SSR technique anyway. Played yesterday for about 1hr without issues and only got a crash when trying SMAA during a benchmark. I'll play more this evening, hopefully without issues.

The problem you're describing was highlighted by several reviews, baffling that they didn't fix it in a Day 1 patch.

12. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone is running the game on windows 11? How does it run? Same as win 10?

13. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Do you have any idea why the vibration doesn't work with the PS5 pad (USB-connected)? Once we've had haptic triggers since D1 it's annoying to see that something else is always missing.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Ok i can play the game on 1440p ultra settings rt reflections and rt shadows on while using hd pack.
    Game ran super smooth for an hour or so. But after a while my vram was filling up till 9,998 gb then i get super slow fps and stutters.
    I can play the game fine without hd texture pack. but i wont accept that its time for a refund for now and wait for future updates.

So becarefull when u try to use hd texture pack wich makes the game look much better but dont have more then 12 gb of vram just dont botter with it.
    I cant blame amd for this marketing but ist a bit lame for such a high end gpu [rtx3080] that u cant use the hd texture pack without any issues.

15. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Me personally have had a few sessions over hour+ but still had crashes.Did not try disabling DXR Reflections and Shadows yet not there yet. I am currently underclocking RTX 3080 GPU by -50 on the core,two 1 hours plays underclocked so far.
    Going to try two 3 hours plays with the GPU underclocked today.

If I have any more crashes I will be try disabling DXR Reflections and Shadows,thanks for the tip

16. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    No matter 1080p, 1440p or 4k with FSR my benchmark when it hits the streets is at 40 FPS!
    Terrible performance

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    That doesn't sound right, lowest CPU bound fps in benchmark in 720p with RT are ~80 for me with 11400F (streaming stutter especially with HD textures not counted):
    https://abload.de/image.php?img=farcry6_2021_10_06_17uxjw3.png

18. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Medium or Ultra, 1080p or 1440p, I have only 40, 45 FPS when benchmark hits streets on start of benchmark!

19. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    On low is the same...
    I had similar problem on FC5, and cant remeber what I did to get 30+ FPS boost!!

This is terrible; Ryzen 3600 + RX 5700

[​IMG]

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Something isnt right with your system. You are severly underperforming.