Amazon Netherlands lists Intel Core i9-12900K in webshop for 847 euros

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Amazon has made three distinct Intel Alder Lake processors available for listing in its Dutch webstore. Although the CPUs in question are not yet available, the retailing behemoth has already published pricing information and product photos.

Read more

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Amazon NL also listed a 3070 for €5000 a couple of weeks ago.

Wouldn't trust Amazon prices.

3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    5600.jpg
    https://geizhals.de/amd-ryzen-5-5600x-100-100000065box-a2392524.html

this is basically the new normal,a six core launching at 330eur.
    im gonna pass until I see them well below 250,people can get milked out of their money all they want.if I don't then oh well,gonna wait for better deals.

11600.jpg
    https://geizhals.de/intel-core-i5-11600kf-bx8070811600kf-a2484506.html
    though rkl-s was at least priced accordingly to performance,I suspect 12th gen will be more like r5000 not 11th and zen4 will be a new standard in overpricing once again.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Kaarme and mackintosh like this.
  4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    +1 amen to that !

5. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yeah... I don't like these prices one bit, but they're in line with those leaked American listings from a couple of weeks ago. Looks like we either get used to getting fleeced by both manufacturers or just buy the previous generation when it gets discounted. People do that with flagship phones all the time now, might as well start doing that with CPUs.

Maddness and schmidtbag like this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Kind of interesting that the i7 is more expensive than Ryzen 5900X.

But then again, who knows if these are the real prices. Furthermore, the performance across the whole spectrum of applications still remains to be seen.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    No thanks.

8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    And the cost of the Mobo??

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Those prices are insane!...

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Unlike a lot of people here, I'm pretty excited with the little cores, but if it means something like the 12700K costs almost twice as much as it should then count me out. And really... ~200 euros for 4 more efficient cores and a slightly bigger cache? I seriously hope these prices aren't real because that's just plain moronic. That's how much big cores should cost, and even then, that's a little high.

Keep in mind that these CPUs should be cheaper for Intel to produce compared to previous models, since it isn't a monolithic die. One of the potential benefits of the little cores is that they should be significantly cheaper to produce, since they take up less surface area and wouldn't have such tight tolerances for silicon quality.

12. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel has no reason to lower prices, especially without an immediate AMD counter on the horizon. Why would you launch a superior product at or below your competitor before the traditional holiday buying season? That would be insane.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That's assuming Intel has something that handily beats AMD's current stuff by a wide enough margin to justify such prices. Intel is pricing the little cores as though they're as good as big cores (~50 euros per small core is pretty expensive). The 12700K (8C/16T+4c/4t) is roughly 100 euros more expensive than the 5900X (12C/24T), and the 12900K (8C/16T+8c/8t) is roughly the same price as the 5950X (16C/32T). I think the little cores are going to be a lot more potent than most people in these forums, but I have a really hard time believing a single little core (which bear in mind, doesn't have SMT) is going to outperform a Zen3 SMT-enabled full-size core, especially assuming their clock speeds are lower. Yet, Intel is pricing these products as though that will happen.

Maybe Intel's new design really is so dramatic that even a single little core will outperform the two threads of a Zen3 core, but that just seems really unlikely to me. Should I be proven wrong, then the prices aren't so bad (but still too high for my taste).

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Just because the product may be superior doesn´t mean they can slap a silly price on it.

Historically, newer products would perform better than older ones at the same price point, offering more performance at the same price, because offering more performance at higher prices doesn´t help the consumers...

15. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Consumers have already proven they are willing to pay these inflated prices. Corporations don't have feelings; their only objective is profit, they're not here to help us, they're here to peddle their wares to us. If Alder Lake performs better than Zen 3, and everything we have seen so far suggests that it does, Intel will milk it for as long as it takes AMD to respond.

16. Nedum

Nedum New Member

GPU:
    ATI R9 290X
    So, who needs an overpriced CPU right now?
    Gamers? For no reason, never ever. And to think about the needed power / watts, hell no.
    Office Worker? The same as the gamers.
    There is no logical reason to buy such a CPU, and (that's more important) if Intel was doing the same "Benchmark-crap" as with the last generation (cherry-picking, OC, software rewritten, etc.), then I think, the prices are only placeholders.
    We have to wait for the real Benchmarks and after that we can discuss prices again.

17. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    840€? Noice.

19. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU: