New Reports indicate Amazons New World-MMO is again bricking NVIDIA Geforce cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy and DannyD like this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Imagine buying a super overpriced gpu and the game bricks it. That is just beyond sucking.

Maddness likes this.
  3. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    Best is when you have bought your card from a scalper with no invoice and played with this game until your VGA has died...:cool:

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Things like that should happen so that people would stop buying from scalpers altogether. Besides, if you don't get an invoice (original receipt), doesn't it suggest it's potentially not even a scalper but an outright thief selling stolen property?

Edit: Actually, it could also be a sign of simply avoiding taxes as well.

5. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    The GPUs are made to support all the load that is needed, and thousands of frames per second without any problem, that's what they are made for, if something happens to them, the problem is not the game or the software that caused it, the problem is directly in hardware, as EVGA confirmed days ago that some of their models have had very poor quality of workmanship.

If this game causes those graphics cards to fail, it means that they will fail sooner rather than later, this game just seems to be the best option right now to stress test GPUs.

As per today, there are to many popular games that when starting them in the intro there are more than +3000 FPS and in the main menu as well, and until now a case similar to this has never been heard, with which this has simply been a misunderstanding and people seem to be very ignorant and think that everything that flies on the internet is eaten.

Now when your GPU breaks, you have the perfect excuse and say that this game has destroyed my GPU.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It absolutely is poor programming for a game menu to cause fps to jump up to the stratosphere. Yes, I have seen it myself and it's annoying to go to the drivers to limit the fps of a game because of that. Imagine you bought a regular car but it always revved up to 4000 rpm on its own when idling, without you even touching the pedal, for no sensible reason. I bet you'd go to the dealer and ask what wtf is going on.

However, obviously the video card shouldn't fail permanently. It should be able to protect itself from its own functionality, especially when it's not overclocked by the user.

Keitosha and schmidtbag like this.
  7. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I have New World and a 6800xt, temps are never over 60c there is no issue with the game, its really well optimized 120fps avg and 80 on citys with loads of people.

if a GPU burns or etc its the gpu manufacture fault, it need safety measures.

OCP is probably the most important of them all

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  8. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I just have the Global default profile in RTSS set to 140 for my 144Hz G-sync monitor.
    I then create profiles for games individually once they are installed to keep a constant fps.
    I'm sure this isn't the best way to do things, and I am leaving some performace on the table because my card isn't running at 100% usage all the time, but it's what makes me happy.

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Another WoW competitor wannabe, another fail MMO that will shut down soon.

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    On any other time, this would suck.
    But at a time of extreme inflation of prices for GPUs, this is terrifying.

Someone needs to start an insurance company for GPUs.

WalterDasTrevas likes this.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    again, the fault is of the IHV.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  12. Storm Alert

Storm Alert Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    You have to question if these Nvidia cards are fit for purpose? In recent years I have had a Gigabyte 980 ti fail one month out it's three year warranty and Gigabyte couldn't repair as no parts, despite the £50 out of warranty repair promise they were advertising at the time. Also an MSI 680 failed after approx 5 years and that was mostly used for office apps and some video editing. Before that an Asus 580 ti that always CTD when playing games for more than an hour. These were expensive cards and not even overclocked as not necessary.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    as someone who knows what the hardware can and should take, you're out of your depth in this discussion and need to sit back and be silent to learn.

properly designed products can take a power virus and not die, when improper design or defective manufacturing are in play, anything at any point can result in these products crapping out.

It is not up to software to prevent hardware from melting down.

sykozis, Falkentyne and eGGroLLiO like this.
  14. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 290 / 4GB
    I'm calling user error here. I've never had a GPU fail.

You also need to consider that people in PC gaming are buying Nvidia cards due to superior feature sets such as RT and AI. In comparison people are avoiding AMD for such poor performance so you won't see the same number of failed GPUs.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    People still think it's the game. It's the goddamn cheap craftmanship of the cards.

Falkentyne and Glottiz like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Evga the most effected is a premium brand. Should not be happening.

DanielRX likes this.
  17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah right..Check the reddit to see how many RTX have bad placement of pads or not having at all. Even the ''premium'' ones.

JOHN30011887 likes this.
  18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I still don't get what is the point of playing these brain dead grinding MMO anyways? play some competitive online games that are much better to develop your eye-hand coordination like DOTA or CSGO, and they are free to play too.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Sounds strange but brain dead grinding can also be relaxing and enjoying. Day by day without a rush. Competitive games like league and dota can make you pull your hair out.

Solfaur likes this.
  20. MachinaEx

MachinaEx Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1660 Super
    O dear! Can't remember when this happened in the past...a single game causing so much problems for a GPU, this is going to be forever marked in PC gaming history as a nefarious game that ruined your super expensive gaming GPU. New World is certainly going to popular, both for other reasons.