Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    PATCH 1.31

sertopico likes this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I am very impressed with the latest patch. The visuals are stunning! I did lose approximately 2-4 fps especially in crowded areas. I'm choosing to play without visual compromises and DLSS on quality. The lighting looks better imo and the AA has better implementation. The Dolby Atmos enactment is extremely well done. My fans are indeed putting in some serious spin cycles but the games image quality has taken a step in the right direction. This is with maximum settings in the NCP and in game including Psycho. I benchmarked the famous RipperDoc area that has tons of people, lights and shootouts. Framerate drop? YES! Can I deal with it considering the Eye Candy? Absolutely! :) Sometimes it's good to turn the frame counter off and just ENJOY the game. ;)

I know many of us are OVER this title but it seems to finally start shaping up to the game it should've been upon release.

Mufflore likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Right so when i complained about LOD being bad after recent updates, there came a ton of "helpful" replies from some very "wise" people. And obviously all they said was BS.

It had nothing to do with the cinematic rtx or loadingdelay setting. The setting that fixes it is DistanceBoost = 42.000000.

It increases cpu load to roughly what is was before the LOD downgrade, but it doesn't decrease fps if you aren't cpu bottlenecked.

It fixed the god awful popin - like before the signs with the arrow lights and the white lamps hanging down was gone at a very close distance

[​IMG]

Now they are loaded in at much greater distances. The same is the case for more or less everything else, making it a much greater experience driving around, but also just walking around. The scenes looks alot more detailed and impressive aswell due to it.

[​IMG]

Edit : Oh, and the latest update appears to have activated the dynamic weather system that was always in the game, but just not activated... which is great !

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Maddness and Mufflore like this.
  4. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Sorry just your last point about the dynamic weather system not being activated - are you saying it was never activated until the latest patch??? Like since launch? I'm just asking, haven't played the game yet, just want clarification.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Correct - previously it was always clear skies, unless a scripted event in missions changed the weather. There are mods that lets you set the game to automatically cycle through the different weather types, but now the game does it on its own.

6. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Bulk of those systems are embedded in save file and even if they patch the game you need to start a fresh game for it to work.
    I haven't played the game since a long, long while but i recall that weather worked since 1.04 IF you started a fresh slot game.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Strange that it then suddenly started working for me, cause i didn't start a new game.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    After the last update it was raining most of the time for me

Dragam1337 likes this.
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I confirm patch 1.3 finally made the weather system work properly without having to start a new game.

PS: didn't DistanceBoost cause issues in the streaming system? I remember that past a certain level (40 afaik) you could start getting models disappearing and game breaking bugs. The command gets also carried over to the new savegames and it's not possible to go back, unless you restart the game with a new character.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It starts giving game breaking bugs past 50. 42 is the highest safe setting :)

sertopico likes this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I actually noticed some missing objects at 42, and still at 40 - at 35 i dont see anything missing though.

sertopico likes this.
  12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Great thanks! I was about to try it but I've been always held back by the potential problems it might cause. :)

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    And i tested - it isn't bound to save games. You can just set it back to 0, and everything is back to stock. But you really don't want it at stock after playing with it at 35 :D

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I really do love the level of detail in this gameworld - especially with the improved LOD. Without distance boost, all the lamps would have been missing, greatly decreasing the atmosphere of the scene.

[​IMG]

Oh, and i came across this cool bladerunner easter egg.

[​IMG]

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

16. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    There's this one too
    [​IMG]

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Nice one ! It's a sad truth though, that quote...

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I tried to set distanceboost to 30 but unfortunately many advertisement boards start flickering badly, and it's pretty distracting. :/ Moreover, I think that according to the location this tweak could eat up lots of fps. Sometimes it's nothing but in dense environments I started noticing a couple of slowdowns. It looks indeed better though!

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Depends on whether you are gpu or cpu bottlenecked, as it increases cpu load quite a bit - but as most people are gpu bottlenecked, it won't give an fps drop. Regarding flickering, i have seen it in very limited amounts - like 1 in 20 advertisment boards flicker a tiny bit. Im tinkering with allowing a bigger memory pool to used by the game, which increases vram usage from 8gb to 16gb... but i haven't tested yet whether or not that elimated the flickering :)

sertopico likes this.
  20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    There were plenty of references to other games or shows. E.g. there is an in-game article that makes the reference to HL3, stating something like that the third installment came out after 50 years. There is also a reference to GTA SA, with the entire grove street gang neighborhood.

Damn, really got an itch to play it, but I'm currently in a different country without my PC and only have measly ntb with rtx2060. Welp, maybe they will have more fixes ready by the time I can get to it.