Kena Bridge of Spirits

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Probably not the most elegant method but I enable it in the global driver settings in nvinspector then set Kena's vertical sync to use global setting in nvidia control panel. You can just add Kena from the Program Settings Tab in nvidia control panel.

Also if you just want fast sync you don't even need to use nvinspector, I use nvinspector to set half refresh as it's not selectable in nvidia control panel, but yeah fast sync is in there, just add Kena in nvidia control panel program settings and set fast sync under vertical sync.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    stunning. and thanks for the mini walkthrough I shall 100% be doing this. Gonna try and make a nice new desktop wallpaper for my niece as well as she is in love with this game.

N1GhTW4lK3R likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    There are a few things that are getting annoying.

1. No cancel animation meaning if I for example do the run, then jump then R2 attack (which has a pretty long animation) and want to quickly shield myself, i'll get hit anyway since I'm in the middle of an animation.
    2. Bosses sometimes seem to have longer reach than animated?
    3. Camera moved too slow to keep up with the running Taro boss.
    4. Parry window way too short (but I'm old, I know)
    5. PS5 stutter, just like I heard the PC has.

Serotonin likes this.
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So PS5 has the stutter too? Well, that answers the first question I had, thanks @Netherwind

So...my aging pc ..is a 6700k cpu and a 2080 gpu. I can't go back to 1440p after having been playing in 4k the last few years. Seems most users here have given frames for ultra @ 1440. Anyone playing in 4k Ultra? I'd be ok with it dipping into the 40's as far as frames. I've been gaming on pc for decades and anything above 40fps always felt fine to me unless it was something fast paced like Unreal Tournament.

I really hate it has the stutters on both platforms. Didn't UE3/3.5 also having stuttering? What's the deal with Epic's engines?

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finished the game with like 95% of the extra stuff done, cool little game but those stuttering issues while trying to progress through the village or pretty much anywhere are annoying, it's an old UE problem that comes with the engine by default but can be fixed later

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Kena Bridge of Spirits 1.06 Patch Notes – Sep 25, 2021
    • Added ability to remap movement keys (PC only).
    • Implemented fix for lost Karma. Save files missing Karma will be corrected after downloading the patch.
    • Fixed progression blocker in Storehouse. This update also fixes previous saves.
    • Fixed progression blocker when entering the Ancient Well. This update also fixes previous saves.
    • Fixed previous saves with Forge progression blocker
    • Fixed issue with Cursed Chest being locked when dying at the same time as enemies are defeated. This update also fixes previous saves.
    • Fixed EOS SDK error preventing some players from launching the game (PC only).
    • The Parry Counter attack is now easier to perform.
    • Fixed soft-lock in the Ancient Well.
    • Crash fixes.
    • Minor audio, visual, and collision bugs.
    • Addressed issues with photo mode.
    • Addressed some progression bugs.
    • Fixed progression blocker on Warrior Path.
    • Fixed minor visual bugs
    • Addressed audio bugs.
    • Added stability fixes.
    • Added gameplay performance improvements.

TheDigitalJedi and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  7. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    This is weird with a 3090. I run smoothly with my 3080 in 4K maxed out at 60fps for the 99% of the time no matter where I'm. On resetera I've read some several posts confirming this.

I've also enhance the shadows quality beyond what is allowed in the game by adding this lines in Engine.ini

[SystemSettings]
    r.ShadowQuality=5
    r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=4
    r.Shadow.MaxResolution=2048
    r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.03
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=1.0
    r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=1.0

Instead, for those who want to use the resolution slider I recommend to add this lines at the bottom of the Engine.ini for enable TAAU in the game instead of a basic spatial upscale (bicubic by def).

[SystemSettings]
    r.TemporalAA.Upsampling=1

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    TheDigitalJedi and kx11 like this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    A couple of settings to try to reduce stuter in UE4 games:
    r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
    r.Streaming.PoolSize=8000 (this is MB, you can change it to best fit your memory)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Its funny i didnt had a single stutter with this game. I played it on 1440p ultra max settings with unlocked fps and vsync on a 144 hz screen.
    Just finished it today, and this game is in my top 10 now. Its a freaking masterpiece.

10. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    This game never ceases to amaze me..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

11. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm just surprised that gamers still reference well-known extemely corrupted PC Gamer as a source for anything.

12. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    My dad says to this day;

"Son, beautiful design, smooth fluid motion (mocap), etc. is a gift and iffy gameplay, mechanics, etc. can be tweaked, modded, etc. but ugly, son, you are stuck with that forever!"

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanx man, it happened because my monitor's 120hz and i locked the fps to 60fps to keep my PC silent :p

are u still on Flickr? ur old profile is still quiet

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Idk about that, to me PC Gamer's reviews are mostly reasonable and indeed focus on the actual game and gameplay instead of some inconsequential bs (politics etc.).

They gave 65 largely because they felt the mechanics and gameplay were rinse and repeat from other games and not particularly well implemented, not because they thought the game was outright bad.
    Always pays to actually read what has been written, not just look at a number.

I agree though that they used a low spec PC for the review but the reviewer acknowledges that, probably his own PC due to working from home.

Either way I'm definitely gonna pick this up at some point.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    typical case of wrong guy for this review.

I bet the button masher guy played on story mode (no challenge) and together with his performance problems that is the review right there.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    He did say he got good performance - considering the specs - except in the latter half of the game. Performance wasn't a key point in the summary either so I doubt it's a major factor in the score.

Granted the text sounds more positive than the score would imply but all the more reason not to just trust a number.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well I think performance should not be part of a review anyways when you have the review version. There are always day 1 patches, and in this case there are 3 already so far. High chance that there is no problem anymore.
    what remains is the graphics which just looks awesome , and the gameplay , which is far from mediocre. I wonder what this guy expects from a game like this made by a small team. I think its a stunning debut.

My POV PC gamer is way more often miss then hit with their reviews. not only games, but hardware and software as well.

18. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    How is HDR support in this game?

19. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Currently HDR support is not available in this game for any platform.

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Where do you put that lines ?