Intel has shipped Arc Alchemist reference designs, according to Raja Koduri.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I never really thought about this until now, but I wonder what the partners will be besides the real obvious ones like Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, and MSI. Will we see some new ones? Will a few of the more "exclusive" partners double-up, but still exclude the other brand?

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it think there will be no exclusive partners.
    and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority is intel reference.maybe sold by intel only,maybe by all brands.

tunejunky and Kaarme like this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m also expecting the usual partners.

Maybe some chinese companies will bite the bullet for their internal market but other than that i don´t see anyone doing it.

No point in risking creating a new brand for a new set of products that no one knows how well they are going to perform comercially or even if they are going to be supported in the long term.

Maddness, tunejunky and Kaarme like this.

5. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Intel using TSMC is pretty genius. Not only is it for capacity but it also reduces TSMC's 6nm capacity that there competitors could use.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Unless China goes even further to punish Intel for the sake of the US-China trade war, I could see that happen. The Chinese brands with no presence in the West could probably afford to be quirky better than the usual brands we are familiar with. Although China trying to reduce mining by the new restrictions could lessen the China-only manufacturers' interest. Unless they do sell in all of East/South Asia, not just China.

tunejunky likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Would be nice to see how does the reference design actually looks like.

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    yeah i expect the usual suspects Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, etc...

but i really think that Alienware (Dell) will pimp-out entry-level gaming.
    Intel if it is wise should look to brand portables like M$ Surface. they can afford to really do it right and buy market share if they wanted. and it would be so easy to hype gamers with on-the-go best-in-class performance (720p SFF).

Kaarme likes this.
  9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I didn't even think about the OEM pre-builds from the big companies. I guess it's because I never buy them, haha. But they indeed make their own graphics cards. Considering Intel has always had a really good relationship with them, to the point of bribing them to ignore AMD, I could see them throwing Intel graphics inside their PCs, no problem. From what the rumours suggest, the power should be there, it's only a matter of drivers.

tunejunky likes this.