6900xt + 21.9.1 Creates a 24% Performance Win Over Compeitor in COD: Vanguard @1440p

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

(NSFW)

It seems that in the Vanguard Beta a 5950x with a 6900xt beats out its competitor with 10900k. At times over 100 FPS!!! This is with Sam enabled. Good job AMD! I hope this performance metric continues once the game is released. It's best, in the beta, to have a complete AMD PC setup to get the best performance. Why isn't there more discussed about this??

Jackalito, OnnA, D1stRU3T0R and 2 others like this.
  2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Yes, but it has millions of other bugs, and if you enable HDR then you have more bugs.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Cod always performed better on amd gpus this isnt anything new.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    As with most other games. I can say that I've not had major issues in mw2019 or Cold War. I hope I can say the same in Vanguard.

But fsr is new. They usually use reflex and dlss. Which are Nvidia features.
    Modern Warfare 2019
    Cold War
    WarZone
    Vanguard

So, I'm not sure how amd was performing better when all you had to do is enabled dlss. Albeit, blurry but a performance improvement none the less. Are there any performance metrics between the 2 in Modern Warfare or warzone?
    I know that, imo, amd drivers got better in Cod games. But I don't recall that always being the case with my card at least.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021

5. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Nvidia was performing better because CoD has always been Nvidia focused

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Absolutely. Cod was always bias towards them in the past.
    That's why I want to wait for the retail version of vanguard to confirm. Until then, amd still did a good job for the beta.

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Well, the beta is over. Fun time, fun times...

IMO, at 1440p the FPS were pretty low. I could barely keep 144 FPS or better like I could in CW and MW. At 1080p it was barely over 200 FPS. Not sure what that was all about. But I got the lowest latency when I used 1750MHz on the ram. Which was odd. If I used anything higher I was lagging. Overall, decent gameplay if it wasn't for the amount of cheaters in the beta.

8. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    1750 on core or mem. frequency? I cant seem to lower mem frequency below 1999 in amd software suite..

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    memory