Elder Scrolls Online to debut DLAA, new Nvidia new Anti-Aliasing technology (based on DLSS)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Any comparison shots?

2. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Because you dont own one. Lol kids.

3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it is what it is.
    nvidia's technology is pretty good but it's always locked to specific gpus
    amd's is open and free,but I can't see people dying to use it.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I find this very interesting , i hope this will be less taxing then the usual AA. and not lighten the images up or add blur.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    There are several AMD techs that have gain a lot of traction.
    For example low level APIs on the PC, like DX12 and Vulkan. It all started with AMD's Mantle.
    Or Free-sync, that now is the most used VRR solution. So much so, that even nVidia adopted it, although trying to rebrand it to G-sync Compatible.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You will loose out on both performance as accuracy without them tensor cores, also pretty pointless for developers to add DLSS support for cards without them cores when they can add FSR and CAS to cover AMD users as well.
    CAS together with Super Sampling can make quite some difference already.

On top of it Nvidia is working on Adaptive TAA which makes use of Adaptive Ray Tracing. :D
    In theory that should provide much better image quality than AMD's AAA, basically TAA without the blur.
    Unless that name changed to DLAA instead....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It might be more taxing since it goes on image quality without the shimmer, TESO can almost run on a potato, so I doubt that less taxing is a goal for them.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    antialiasing is an advanced blur technique, theres always going to be some because the approximation of samples causes it.

9. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    The game is not made by Bethesda, nor will ever "be fixed by the community". Is a MMORPG made by ZOS with a custom engine.
    Also having played the game for 7 1/2 years (sine January 2014 beta), never experienced the issue you have after thousands upon thousands of hours.

10. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    A quick Google and official Bethesda forum search confirms the existence of this bug, I am not an isolated case, several people have complained since the release.
    I searched for answers and couldn't find it, otherwise I would not have asked for a refund.
    And, yes, I know the game will never have independent mods or community fixes.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    more propriety stuff...

I still think they dropped the ball when then made gsync propriety, they would went to bank if licensed i and or let become part of vesa. lets see how it goes.

for now it just another tech i cant use less i buy a super overprice gpu, which isnt happen, cause as it stand i would have to get new monitor too

Fediuld likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    from what i could remeber of ESO when did play it the animations where light years better then any other elderscrolls game. i would compare it to skyrim but that is 10 years at this point? and animations back then was horrid compared to most

Fediuld likes this.
  13. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Indeed. Animations, general graphics (especially races), lighting far superior to Skyrim. (even after mods, ESO has better races).

The only problem was the textures. They were low quality even maxed out with forced SSAA though the configuration file.
    The Summerst expansion added better textures but for the expansion zone only.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would be ecstatic if the animations in ES6 is half as good as they are in ESO. would also be ecstatic this propirtety crap stops but that not feasible

15. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Do you think Nvidia have some magic code that no one else thought of, despite the fact that most of the games/console industry has been working on upscaling/aa for several decades?

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yes,I think they do.
    and btw "most of industry" is indeed nvidia.the rest is amd,and they hardly innovate.they're fine with getting whatever nvidia leaves them as long as they can sell their cards at the same ridicluous markups.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So...the only interesting thing about this game is the AA it has?

Gonna be a great game then:rolleyes:

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The techspot article on this is out:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-dlaa-anti-aliasing/

Honestly I don't see much of a difference.. unless I'm missing something. Article makes it sound like it's massively improved, but even at 1080p zoomed in, I'm not seeing it do anything better in particular. Looks like the image is slightly different but that's about it. Also the DLSS implementation in this game looks horrible lol

19. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Proprietary tech tend to eventually die. Eventually someone else release an equivalent tech and sell it to everyone and then game devs don't have any reason to keep supporting the proprietary stuff. Either EPIC or Microsoft will eventually release something equivalent and then the inevitable will happen.

20. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Can someone explain why picking 2 same shots in the screenshot slider groups shows difference between them? For example, "4k TAA (12 FPS): on both left and right I expect it to be identical yet they are completely different in terms of IQ.